Liverpool are a mess

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You had some stinkers last season too, but there were numerous periods of the game today where Liverpool couldn't even string 3 passes together.

I find those type of performances generally worse.
We had plenty of those last season. Games where we were bossed from start to finish. Outran, outfought and outplayed.

That Chelsea game was a better performance than the one we opened last season with at Fulham.

Josh 76

We had plenty of those last season. Games where we were bossed from start to finish. Outran, outfought and outplayed.

That Chelsea game was a better performance than the one we opened last season with at Fulham.
But last season you lot were coming off the "quadruple" season.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This season we’re coming off of losing five players all in midfield. I think if it was just Henderson or just Fabinho then it would’ve been manageable but losing multiple players all in the same area like that has been more of a setback.

I think the Henderson and Fabinho ones blindsided Klopp a bit. No one expected Henderson to move to Saudi Arabia.

Long season and the window is still open but we haven’t solved all of the squad issues we needed to.

TheRedHearted

This season we’re coming off of losing five players all in midfield. I think if it was just Henderson or just Fabinho then it would’ve been manageable but losing multiple players all in the same area like that has been more of a setback.

I think the Henderson and Fabinho ones blindsided Klopp a bit. No one expected Henderson to move to Saudi Arabia.

Long season and the window is still open but we haven’t solved all of the squad issues we needed to.
Should pray for Di Zarbi

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This season we’re coming off of losing five players all in midfield.
six, including arthur. seven if you include Carvalho going out on loan.

We actually utilised 11 midfielders last season. And yet, if we simpled signed two proper holding midfielders, we could let Thiago go as well and still have a good selection from the seven that are still here.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
They looked brilliant for 20 minutes, with Salah being almost unstoppable... but as soon as their defence was tested they reminded me of United from a couple or so seasons ago: their confidence just flew out the window. Without Allison they'd have been thumped. Maybe they'd like to bid for Harry Maguire!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
six, including arthur. seven if you include Carvalho going out on loan.

We actually utilised 11 midfielders last season. And yet, if we simpled signed two proper holding midfielders, we could let Thiago go as well and still have a good selection from the seven that are still here.
You’re having a laugh

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This is basically the reality these days. Been a shit show since Edwards left.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think next summer they need to replace Robertson. He's regressed a lot which is a shame for Scotland because he was probably the best LB in the world for 2ish seasons. They don't have that cover with Fabinho/Henderson anymore and they need an LB like Trent who is comfortable drifting if that is the hybrid Klopp wants to implement.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
For once I agree with Josh here. Yesterday's performance was a bit disappointing considering how shit Chelsea are right now with injuries, etc. Even if we didn't win we should have shown much better quality.

However, I think there is room for improvement this season whereas it was all downhill last season after Fulham.

Their recruitment since Edwards has left has mostly consisted of attempting to hijack transfers without any of the type of focus that existed under his guidance.

Their squad is completely imbalanced.
@LordSpud was actually impressed by how Liverpol came in for Nunez, Gakpo and Caiceido.

I’m with you, nothing at all impressive in trying at the last minute to out bid someone, appears completely scattergun and lacking any focus.

IrishRedDevil

I think next summer they need to replace Robertson. He's regressed a lot which is a shame for Scotland because he was probably the best LB in the world for 2ish seasons. They don't have that cover with Fabinho/Henderson anymore and they need an LB like Trent who is comfortable drifting if that is the hybrid Klopp wants to implement.
It was some purple patch. He looks done at 29.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Going through a bit of a rebuild. I liked that young lad Szabo, think he will grow into a fantastic player. If they'd managed to get Caicedo that would been some midfield.

Upfront i'm still not sure about Nunez, seems to be all over the place and it looks like Klopp doesnt fancy Gakpo there.

Steve 007

Liverpool are in trouble. I said it before, they’ll outscore most of the league except maybe City. They’ll also concede on a bottom half level. The lack of control of possession yesterday was very obvious. It was defend, then get it up to attackers, no possession, no control. Salah was excellent in the first half.
If I’m Liverpool the world knows we can afford 111 million for a midfielder. I’m going to Spain/ Italy and I’m targeting the best defensive midfielders in the league. There’s nothing left for them in England.

erikcred

That's exactly what happened for 2/3 of the match yesterday. I didn't watch your Fulham game last season, but I find it hard to believe that you were worse then.

crossy1686

career ending
I'd go as far to say that most of the back line need replacing next summer. They're slow, they have poor positioning and they aren't anywhere near as impenetrable as they once were. I'm hoping VVD goes on to be their Maguire and they persevere with him hoping that he'll come good again.

AlexUTD

This is basically the reality these days. Been a shit show since Edwards left.

:lol: :lol: Good Ol` Redknapp!

Mac Allister is a good player though.

My Liverpool supporting friends are getting hammered in the whatsapp groups the last days after Caicedo after they posted Liverpool bid accepted tweets and bragging i aint gonna lie!

I almost feel bad for you (almost) ;)

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
That's exactly what happened for 2/3 of the match yesterday. I didn't watch your Fulham game last season, but I find it hard to believe that you were worse then.
Oh we were worse, much worse. Fulham could have scored at will. At the time I put it down to a one-off mental fatigue but it wasn't. There were absolutely zero positives out of that game and things only got worse.

tomaldinho1

Glad we didn’t sign Gakpo. Bang average
As everyone with eyes said when they got him. Really solid utility attack player, by no means a bad player, but he's not good enough to play CF and can't dislodge their LW or RW options.

erikcred

Oh we were worse, much worse. Fulham could have scored at will. At the time I put it down to a one-off mental fatigue but it wasn't. There were absolutely zero positives out of that game and things only got worse.
Maybe that parade was a bad idea then. :D

I'm reading now that you're about to overpay for Lavia. Did you hire a Utd supporter as your new sporting director?

cyberman

But Fulham are a better side than this Chelsea side. I don’t understand this sudden elevation of Chelsea because you got a draw at Stamford Bridge

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'd go as far to say that most of the back line need replacing next summer. They're slow, they have poor positioning and they aren't anywhere near as impenetrable as they once were. I'm hoping VVD goes on to be their Maguire and they persevere with him hoping that he'll come good again.
Yeah VVD does but I thought that was a given. Konate will be good enough with a solid CB beside him I reckon but it's if they can get that. They really need a world class DM if they want to persist with TAA at RB too.

Steve 007

How bad is Konate. He’s like the Hulk, yet he got bullied yesterday by Jackson. His positioning is shocking too. I’d be very worried if he played for us.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
But Fulham are a better side than this Chelsea side. I don’t understand this sudden elevation of Chelsea because you got a draw at Stamford Bridge
Last season we would have lost to this exact same Chelsea team. 3-1. Not elevating this Chelsea team at all, they're as crap as you say. But I saw positives this season.

Scriblerus

Peak Liverpool (and they were very good indeed) came with a hard-working but not creative midfield that worked hard to press the opposition, win the ball, and cover the defence (particularly allowing the full backs to get forward). The attacking was left the three fast breaking forwards. They have lost that now. Yesterday they has MacAllister in a role he's not best at as the base of a much more attacking midfield, and they were as porous as a colander. I can't see that mix of players, even with a new DM, being able to play that high energy destructive press in the middle of the park. I think they will win a lot of games with their attacking momentum, but they don't have a defence that can bring a title.

Member 101269

Is Salah seemingly disgruntled him wanting away/ begining of the end?

Last edited by a moderator:

marfans

Supports
Chelsea FC
Wait until your team play Chelsea. Liverpool were lucky yesterday that Chelsea was a team coming off from a poor season and confidence is low they should have capitalised but as the game progressed Chelsea realised they are Chelsea and started playing. I pity the team that will approach this Chelsea team with same mindset as last season.

cyberman

Wait until your team play Chelsea. Liverpool were lucky yesterday that Chelsea was a team coming off from a poor season and confidence is low they should have capitalised but as the game progressed Chelsea realised they are Chelsea and started playing. I pity the team that will approach this Chelsea team with same mindset as last season.
Well let them prove it then cause all I saw was another game Chelsea didn’t win against another poor side.
Football doesn’t reset to default setting every summer

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I'm amazed they haven't gone for Joao Palhinha.

Seems the sort of low key picked up that served them very well in the mid 2010s (Wijnaldum etc) and he'd probably be in the 40m bracket.

Perhaps his passing dosen't come up to scratch but I would say in terms of profile he'd be a very solid replacement for Fabiano.

Just going after all these players who'll reject them to move to Chelsea really isn't a good look at all.