Liverpool are a mess

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol:

You do know we can see your old posts right? You were one of Sancho’s biggest fans.
Or, July 2020:

or October 2020:

What’s extremely clear with you is that it doesn’t matter how much you rate a player, as we get closer to signing them for big money, you get more pessimistic by the day. It’s more than a bit odd. You literally went from calling him one of the best dribblers in the World and a game changer, to shitting your pants about him just 2 months later as his fee became apparent. It appears you care more about fees than anything else when forming your opinion.
Utterly utterly bizarre.
ha ha,

Casemiro was almost funnier still, ranting and raving at how amazing he was in every single post, until of course we signed on for bigish money, then….

he’s not big on the young new striker we’re about to sign either, but thought Bissouma would have been better than Cas.
I can only assume the lad just prefers Glazers to keep money in the bank.
:lol: That's some good use of search option.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
If their midfield clicks, lot of you will be eating humble pie

Also there will be our annual capitulation at anfield, so choose your words wisely.
Ah - clever. Inhalers click, midfield clicks. I get it. Bravo, sir.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
He wasn't signed from relegated team.
Not sure of your point. I never said you signed him directly. I was making the point that a player being relegated (eg Carrick, Lavia) isn’t a reason to discount them, as some on this thread have.

roonster09

Scout
Robertson and Wijnaldum were signed from relegated teams.
A certain M. Carrick too.
He wasn't signed from relegated team.
Not sure of your point. I never said you signed him directly. I was making the point that a player being relegated (eg Carrick, Lavia) isn’t a reason to discount them, as some on this thread have.
Point is so straightforward, don't think I should repeat it.

Yes players signed from relegated teams means nothing, many great players were signed from relegated teams or with relegation in their CV.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

Yes players signed from relegated teams means nothing, many great players were signed from relegated teams or with relegation in their CV.

Great, we agree. Some posters on this forum don’t!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m fascinated to see how MacAllister gets on, because I think he’s tremendously unremarkable. I feel like he’s gone from never being spoken about to being this insane talent in 6 months?
Horrible feeling I’ll be wrong but I’m of the same opinion. He’s living off the rep of Argentina and Brighton’s exploits which were very much down to others. I guess that probably makes him a very worthy replacement for Jordan Henderson and he will play the unremarkable sidekick role just fine but I’m looking at that midfield and wondering who he is supposed to be a sidekick to.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Horrible feeling I’ll be wrong but I’m of the same opinion. He’s living off the rep of Argentina and Brighton’s exploits which were very much down to others. I guess that probably makes him a very worthy replacement for Jordan Henderson and he will play the unremarkable sidekick role just fine but I’m looking at that midfield and wondering who he is supposed to be a sidekick to.
I agree. He might grow into the role, but I just don’t really see it with him.

Like, what elements of a centre midfield player does he genuinely excel at? I can’t really see any.

erikcred

I agree. He might grow into the role, but I just don’t really see it with him.

Like, what elements of a centre midfield player does he genuinely excel at? I can’t really see any.
His superpower is being available for selection every match day. Don't underestimate the value of this to Klopp. He loves being able to play the same players every match.

Chief123

The usual suspects :boring: I remember you guys from the Antony thread. Next time read the thread properly
To be fair it’s not the first time you’ve been rumbled. :lol:

The classic I’ve watched him for years before he was born before it transpires the research goes as far as a 5 min YouTube video.

roonster09

Scout
To be fair it’s not the first time you’ve been rumbled. :lol:

The classic I’ve watched him for years before he was born before it transpires the research goes as far as a 5 min YouTube video.
Yeah. Talk about any random player, he comes up with "I watched him play".

Chief123

liverpool will be struggling for top 4 if they dont bring in atleast 2-3 defenders.
I think it’s the midfield where the problem lies. They are very thin on depth. That’s without factoring the fact they have a completely new midfield which hasn’t gelled yet.

If they have a title challenge which pushes right to the end of the season, I’d go as far as saying that’s a greater achievement than the season when they won the title and had a stable well gelled team.

Blood Mage

Lavia, Mac Allister and Szoboszlai is a really nice midfield to be fair and does make me a little bit concerned about them next season. They badly need at least one new CB too though and maybe a new striker.

Josep Dowling

Is this a wum thread? I’ve seen nothing to suggest the scousers are in a mess, unfortunately.

renatosanches85

Liverpool are not in a mess, this thread is a bit of a nonsense (well the title certainly is). The have some excellent players, some good players and a few average players. Very similar to ourselves. They have added legs for the way they want to press, plus the fact they have one of the best managers in the world.

keithsingleton

Is this a wum thread? I’ve seen nothing to suggest the scousers are in a mess, unfortunately.
The fcukers have spent well in this window and is most certainly a improvement ( on paper ) on last years OAPs. Fortunately they still have Gomez which might give us some hole. :lol:
Can’t say I’m overly happy with our summer signings being honest but in ETHWT. He certainly knows better than any of us fans.

Daily_Blind

Unfortunately, i think they'll make top-4 this season. But, they've been really dependent on Salah for goals for a while and he's now 31. To me, Nunez seems to lack a bit of technique and is very reliant on his physical traits to score. Their midfield might take time to adjust as well considering it will be completely new.

bosskeano

Liverpool may or may not be a mess however the Saudi's are bloody funding their summer transfer window by paying big money for old guys like Henderson and Fabinho

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I think it’s the midfield where the problem lies. They are very thin on depth. That’s without factoring the fact they have a completely new midfield which hasn’t gelled yet.

If they have a title challenge which pushes right to the end of the season, I’d go as far as saying that’s a greater achievement than the season when they won the title and had a stable well gelled team.
Just trying to think of the options after all the changes this summer.

Lavia (most likely)
Thiago
Mac Allister
Jones
Szoboszlai
Bajcetic
Elliot

Does seem a bit green and lightweight now.

Trophy Room

Fecking hate them but they will finish above us next season.

I just don’t think we have the midfield depth or enough goals in the team.

ExoduS

I would not worry about Liverpool. I would not worry about their problems that is. I think we should worry about them. They spanked us last year so I'd be very quiet until we do something similar to them.

Remember the geese

I would not worry about Liverpool. I would not worry about their problems that is. I think we should worry about them. They spanked us last year so I'd be very quiet until we do something similar to them.
I'd much rather just finish above them in the league.

cyberman

All coping mechanisms are allowed. That game will go into history books forever while I doubt anyone will remember that we finished above them in 2022/2023 football season.
Of course we will. The beginning of the end of Klopps era

IrishRedDevil

All coping mechanisms are allowed. That game will go into history books forever while I doubt anyone will remember that we finished above them in 2022/2023 football season.
I’ll remember being in the CL. Liverpool can enjoy Thursday nights.

Chief123

Just trying to think of the options after all the changes this summer.

Lavia (most likely)
Thiago
Mac Allister
Jones
Szoboszlai
Bajcetic
Elliot

Does seem a bit green and lightweight now.
Yep very thin. For me, Elliot, Jones and Thiago are not good enough for the requirements. As good as Thiago used to be, he’s not got the legs to play in that Liverpool midfield.

That leaves Lavia, MacAllister, Szoboszlai as your main options. Bajcetic is still very young and inconsistent. They need at least 2 more high quality midfielders to have any kind of rotation.

Remember the geese

Not a coping mechanism. One off games are nice and all but we won the war. Hopefully that continues.

Witchking

We have to remove 6 points from our attainable points. Away at city and away at Liverpool.

Scores of 2-4, 5-0, 4-0 and 7-0 in our recent games against our biggest rivals. Them tonking us so regularly with ease is shameful.

The 2-4 got them into the champions league for the 21-22 and they almost got the quadruple.

Taking them lightly had always been the theme for United players and this forum in general.

They currently have one of the top 2 managers in the world and yet writing them off so easily without any logic other than new players settling in is just :houllier: :houllier: