Liverpool are the luckiest club in the league and it will never end

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
This post is gold for RAWK. I can hear the Utd fans on this forum squirming after reading that. ;)
Diehard Liverpool fans at my office conceded that while it was a fine performance they didn't think it was a 7-0 performance and were shocked some of the goals went in.

Told me they had 8 shots on target and 7 went in.

scream

We just keep adding to the embarrassment with some of these threads. "Liverpool are lucky", "Anfield is not that difficult to play in", etc. Jesus wept.

The next game can't come quick enough. Need something new to talk about.
I've been thinking the same.
We lost, albeit by a large margin. We were shite, just admit it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We just keep adding to the embarrassment with some of these threads. "Liverpool are lucky", "Anfield is not that difficult to play in", etc. Jesus wept.

The next game can't come quick enough. Need something new to talk about.
Have a look when I started this thread. I’ve got nothing to do with the bump.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Hard not to admit to some luck when key players are continually missing just in time for our games.

Toney when we played Brentford.

Calvert Lewin when we played Everton.

Dalot, Shaw, Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, Fernandes, Fred, Rashford, Weghorst and Antony on Sunday.

The list goes on.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Hard not to admit to some luck when key players are continually missing just in time for our games.

Dalot, Shaw, Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, Fernandes, Fred, Rashford, Weghorst and Antony on Sunday.

The list goes on.
Heh

Real Name

The list goes on.
4/10.
Poor effort.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think he’s saying lucky to score 7, not that you didn’t deserve to win.
Regardless, xG does not show that in an shape or form.

Salah's volley had an xG of 0.11. But there's nothing lucky there, it was a great piece of skill. Same with both of Gakpo's finishes which also had an xG of 0.11.

Great finishes <> luck

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
We had a bit of luck
I think that's all anybody who's serious is saying. Some bounces went right for you and 7-0 is flattering over the 90 minutes (as it would be in almost all cases in which two teams from the same league play a game). But let's get it right; Liverpool played some very good direct stuff in the second half and we were absolutely fecking abysmal, with stinking attitude and stinking application, and we got what we deserved.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

Salah's volley had an xG of 0.11. But there's nothing lucky there, it was a great piece of skill. Same with both of Gakpo's finishes which also had an xG of 0.11.

Great finishes <> luck
It's more of an indictment of xG really. If Gakpo's first goal really had an xG of 0.11, then I would say xG is useless. That chance should result in a goal way more often than one out of nine times.

eire-red

For us United fans, we should feel fortunate that Liverpool's most successful period in 3 decades hasn't really been that successful. They haven't been able to assert any dominance and have played second fiddle mostly to City. United are fortunate that our slump hasn't cost us massively in terms of maintaining that status as neck and neck with Liverpool for domestic success.

Big picture, I'd say that's a little unlucky for Liverpool to be your best version of yourself in years and still just to be second best to another team in Manchester.

Liverpool have gotten some lucky decisions this year. They got so many lucky breaks in two FA Cup games. Most clubs would be happy if they were guaranteed those calls spread over an entire run to the final.

But they weren't lucky Sunday. United were lucky it wasn't 10-0, because it literally felt like they could score every time they moved forward with the ball.

tomaldinho1

Great finishes <> luck
If you can’t admit there was a lot of luck for a few of the goals, you really don’t allow for much discussion. Salah’s volley was superb but how it reached Salah wasn’t intentional. Look at the goals back and how the ball reached the goal scorer, half of them were deflections.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
If you can’t admit there was a lot of luck for a few of the goals, you really don’t allow for much discussion. Salah’s volley was superb but how it reached Salah wasn’t intentional. Look at the goals back and how the ball reached the goal scorer, half of them were deflections.
Yeah, they played us off the park but the ball bouncing the opposite direction of the hip of a player and dropping directly in front of their best goal scorer for a first time shot from twelve yards is a tad fortuitous

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

The list goes on.
:D

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I think he’s saying lucky to score 7, not that you didn’t deserve to win.
I'm still pissed off with Konate and Robertson missing relative sitters in the second half. Both easier chances than Bruno's attempt in the first half. Should have been 9-0. :(

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Haaland injured for them. Typical.

Nero

Pretty much every Liverpool game this season the opposition has been without one of their best players.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Have we got a list of opposition key players missing this season? I swear it’s every single match day so far.

Chief123

So jammy! Haaland at home against a high line is a guaranteed double hat trick.

Liverpool will win this comfortably now! Ffs can’t believe they’re going to get top 4 now. Well done to Arsenal on winning the league.

Bigfatron

So jammy! Haaland at home against a high line is a guaranteed double hat trick.

Liverpool will win this comfortably now! Ffs can’t believe they’re going to get top 4 now. Well done to Arsenal on winning the league.
Well that aged well

Chief123

Scousers are so jammy!

More positive news for them…

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
They should be about 6 goals down

OldSchoolManc

If Chelsea could finish, Liverpool could have had their record defeat tonight. Jammy fekks.
And that’s with Chelsea being shite anyway