Liverpool : General discussion

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Where did you see that ? Can was Twittering about hoping he makes the EL semis ?
It was breaking on Sky Sports just now and James Pearce tweeted it. 4-6 weeks out with ankle ligament damage.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Stewart can't play in the Europa League. I'd like to see Lucas and Allen, only because Milner is awful in the middle.
Agree, though Milner will probably have to start out wide because I think we'd be a bit top heavy otherwise.

Stewart and a few of the youngsters are hopefully going to get a few league chances now - we can't afford any more midfield injuries to the senior players.

montpelier

Klopp - who I'm reading elsewhere barely knows what he is doing & happens to be at LFC as an 'orrible mistake until the Celtic job is offered - could have pushed Moreno up if he had Flanno available.

Thought they missed Hendo on Thursday & now look a bit thin in MF - Lucas will have to managed wisely cos of his tendency to accumulate yellow cards, innit?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp - who I'm reading elsewhere barely knows what he is doing & happens to be at LFC as an 'orrible mistake until the Celtic job is offered - could have pushed Moreno up if he had Flanno available.

Thought they missed Hendo on Thursday & now look a bit thin in MF - Lucas will have to managed wisely cos of his tendency to accumulate yellow cards, innit?
There's a maximum of 3 European games left so don't think yellow cards is an issue.

Managed to avoid injuries though, certainly.

Treble

Every time i've seen him in Liverpool he played like a donkey, with Germany too. Strong player but the zero technical ability.
Well, I strongly disagree. He's going to be great for them. Has leadership qualities to boot.

montpelier

I 'ate Can, so will contribute the impartial opinion that's he's good in straight lines, & not quite sure why Brendan was playing him at centre half. Opportunity to over-complicate & demoralize his proper defenders I suppose - injuries was it? to try & be sensible.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
He wanted his ball playing abilities when he moved to three at the back but completely ignored the fact that Can's two biggest flaws are very problematic at centre back.

He's improved in both areas (though could still improve further) but his poor positioning and concentration were exposed there last season. Easier to hide those playing in a box-to-box role.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Still more or less in disbelief at Thursday's events, what a night. Hangover had me out for two days.

Every time i've seen him in Liverpool he played like a donkey, with Germany too. Strong player but the zero technical ability.
Have a look at his assist for Origi on Thursday. He definitely has ability on the ball.

He's prone to the occasional brain fart and could sometimes be more patient in his passing but defensively, he's been brilliant recently.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
What's the deal with Balotelli ? Is he still an LFC player and is there any chance of a return ?
He is but he's out on loan. I don't think there's any chance he'll be a Liverpool player come September though. I can see him ending up in China.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
What's the deal with Balotelli ? Is he still an LFC player and is there any chance of a return ?
He is, but I honestly didn't know :lol: I'd completely forgotten about him until I saw an article on the BBC website about his time back at AC Milan.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
What a waste. Shows that immense talent alone is never enough.
I'm not even convinced he's all that talented having watched him play regularly last season. He can score a nice goal now and then but that's just about the extend of his abilities.
Was just a horrible transfer to begin with, with Rodgers making it clear he wasn't really interested in Balotelli before he was signed.
Agreed. I like many Liverpool fans approached it with the optimism that Rodgers could get the best out of him but it was ridiculous from the start.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If we win our game in hand we go above West Ham 2 points behind Utd. Just need to beat Everton the bastards.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
What a waste. Shows that immense talent alone is never enough.
Its more a case of immense hyperbole re Mario. I was never that keen on his coming to Liverpool based on the fact I didn't really see what all the fuss was about when he was at City. The fact that he was a last minute panic buy suggests that there weren't too many people at Anfield who really rated him either.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I was thinking back to when I was a kid this week and can remember how annoyingly good Liverpool were.

Players like this.

------------ Dalglish -------------
Heighway---Souness---Sheedy

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Good thing they have their day jobs. Cringeworthy!

But I bet any money it will be received diametrically opposite of the reality.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I was thinking back to when I was a kid this week and can remember how annoyingly good Liverpool were.

Players like this.

------------ Dalglish -------------
Heighway---Souness---Sheedy
Or
............Rush.......Dalglish.......

Whelan....Souness....Lee.....Johnston

Kennedy....Lawrenson...Hansen....Neal

...............Grobbelaar.................

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Everton are terrible for sure. I know you guys aren't the biggest fans of the Redmen TV, but they had some Everton fans on who were borderline suicidal :lol:

There's absolutely no way we don't score at least two tonight.

Sigma

Sakho's actually pretty talented at acting. The rest are shit
Nah he wasn't great, but at least he was funny and had some passion. That guy who did the first Forrest Gump quote (Flanagan?) oh my god, what a bore.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Everton have won at Anfield just four times in the past thirty years in all competitions (so 37 games). Leicester have three victories at Anfield in the same timeframe (just 12 games in comparison though). Comfortable victory for Liverpool tonight.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sucks how tonights televised game is the scouse derby. No side has anything to play for other than Pride, and the way Everton are going coupled with their terrible record vs Liverpool makes it even more pointless.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Everton are terrible for sure. I know you guys aren't the biggest fans of the Redmen TV, but they had some Everton fans on who were borderline suicidal :lol:

There's absolutely no way we don't score at least two tonight.
Yeah, Everton are rubbish, 3-0 to you I reckon.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Sucks how tonights televised game is the scouse derby. No side has anything to play for other than Pride, and the way Everton are going coupled with their terrible record vs Liverpool makes it even more pointless.
I mean, it's not like there's much to play for in the other two games. A Liverpool derby will generate more interest & money than a shite United display that may or may not get them top four.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I mean, it's not like there's much to play for in the other two games. A Liverpool derby will generate more interest & money than a shite United display that eventually won't get them top four.
Fixed.

It's incredible Everton haven't won at Anfield since '99.
Longest streak undefeated at home in the history of the Merseyside derby (225 games iirc).