Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

sparx99

I still think this falls apart really quickly in the next few weeks. Eventually the games take their toll and you lose a silly league game or a shock in the CL.

Way too many are writing off Villareal who have shown they are a good side and they will be prepping just for the CL.

Who knows maybe we spring a surprise tomorrow night.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I still think this falls apart really quickly in the next few weeks. Eventually the games take their toll and you lose a silly league game or a shock in the CL.

Way too many are writing off Villareal who have shown they are a good side and they will be prepping just for the CL.

Who knows maybe we spring a surprise tomorrow night.
You had the room, until the last sentence. So unnecessary. :angel:

Mmm-Qatarian

I can't fathom that people are talking about the Champions League as though it's an absolute certainty that Liverpool are going to win it.

I think it's likely they will make it past Villarreal in the semi-final but in the final they will have to face one of Manchester City or Real Madrid. Because they came out on top in the recent FA Cup semi against City, people now seem to be treating it like there's a guarantee that they'd beat them again in the Champions League final and this is complete nonsense. The 3-2 win was very tight according to expected goals (with City actually scoring very slightly higher), and a horrendous mistake by Zack Steffen played a huge role. I still think it'd be a complete coin flip as to who would win a final if it played out between those two, and honestly I'd probably actually still give a slight edge to City.

I'm not saying there's no possibility of Liverpool doing the quadruple, and am in fact rather twitchy that at this stage it is quite a conceivable prospect, but they still have to climb above and then maintain a lead over Manchester City in the league, overcome both Villarreal and one of City or Real Madrid in the Champions League, and also defeat a stubborn Chelsea side in the FA Cup final. It is very far from "inevitable" that they will win all four trophies.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Zen

I can't fathom that people are talking about the Champions League as though it's an absolute certainty that Liverpool are going to win it.

I think it's likely they will make it past Villarreal in the semi-final but in the final they will have to face one of Manchester City or Real Madrid. Because they came out on top in the recent FA Cup semi against City, people now seem to be treating it like there's a guarantee that they'd beat them again in the Champions League final and this is complete nonsense. The 3-2 win was very tight according to expected goals (with City actually scoring very slightly higher), and a horrendous mistake by Zack Steffen played a huge role. I still think it'd be a complete coin flip as to who would win a final if it played out between those two, and honestly I'd probably actually still give a slight edge to City.

I'm not saying there's no possibility of Liverpool doing the quadruple, and am in fact rather twitchy that at this stage it is quite a conceivable prospect, but they still have to climb above and then maintain a lead over Manchester City in the league, overcome both Villarreal and one of City or Real Madrid in the Champions League, and also defeat a stubborn Chelsea side in the FA Cup final. It is very far from "inevitable" that they will win all four trophies.
Ah to be young and naive. The good old days.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

That's not how a jinx works mate. ;)

tentan

Poor man's poster.

You would probably believe they would lose at some point 10 years ago. But they've taken football to a whole other level - they just keep on winning.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
The FA cup final is the one where I see the banana skin.
Chelsea only chance of a trophy, revenge the league cup final, and have chance to field a weaker team the game before the cup final, unlike Liverpool. (They have Villa away few days before).
I agree, but we have won two lesser trophies this year. The Club World Cup was actually very important because we had never won it before.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
If Manchester City beat us then Liverpool will surely win the UCL as I expect Manchester City to keep choking under Pep like he always does since leaving Barcelona. Liverpool and Real Madrid have more experience and tradition in that competition and is something City lacks no matter how much money they have; but if they manage to beat us and Liverpool to win their first UCL then fair fecks to them I guess.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Manchester City beat us then Liverpool will surely win the UCL as I expect Manchester City to keep choking under Pep like he always does since leaving Barcelona. Liverpool and Real Madrid have more experience and tradition in that competition and is something City lacks no matter how much money they have; but if they manage to beat us and Liverpool to win their first UCL then fair fecks to them I guess.
Either team is capable of beating Liverpool. But I think your lot isn't as complete as the other two. Peps City could struggle in the final as the club don't have that pedigree in the CL and hence like all such clubs tend to get overawed by the occasion. However that doesn't mean they'll never win it and a full strength City still has a good chance.

I just feel RM are too haphazard and don't offer enough control. 2 conceded against Seville, 3 against Chelsea, just feels like your attack is bailing you out rather than great football.

Needless to say that everyone here would prefer a RM win in this year's CL. But I do feel City would stand a better chance against Liverpool. They are more capable of dealing with their press and intensity.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I want to congratulate our Mersyside brothers on the lube-less reaming they will give us tonight.

Losing the game 4 - 0 will undoubtedly sting like a bitch - that's unavoidable and something we need to deal with in our own way, but I also feel pride in our club's active contribution to your chase for quadruple glory. And no, we do not require your thanks for that. After all, what are brothers for?

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Maguire will ruin that dream today when he bangs in a 0-1 victory goal in the 94 minute:)

Denis79

Biggest achievement in the history of English football?

Who's going to start the fair play to Liverpool thread?

Yes! The quadruple is 100% certain! No way they'll slip this up, not a chance.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I want to congratulate our Mersyside brothers on the lube-less reaming they will give us tonight.

Losing the game 4 - 0 will undoubtedly sting like a bitch - that's unavoidable and something we need to deal with in our own way, but I also feel pride in our club's active contribution to your chase for quadruple glory. And no, we do not require your thanks for that. After all, what are brothers for?

I have to correct you on one thing. Our players will lube up beforehand.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

You really shouldn't be putting up this sort of NSFW material. I'm fasting. :(

Irwin99

City will win a trophy this season, most likely the league. I have no fear :cool:

Can only think of Chelsea in 06-07 and us in 08-09 that got so close to a quadruple though. It's ridiculous how strong they are.

Lynty

No chance. Football results never fall how you predict.

But there does have to be a thorough investigation into some of the Liverpool loving on this site. Basically licking their testicles with some of these posts.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
They'll do a Leverkusen 2002. Reach the CL final but a tired squad loses the league by a close margin and Chelsea wins the fa cup final because they can rest and prepare for it (nothing to play for otherwise). A demoralized team then loses to Madrid in the CL final due to a winning volley goal from Modric like Zidane 2002.
Henderson (like Ballack) and TAA (like Schneider) then go on to lose the World cup final with England just as Germany did in 2002.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No chance. Football results never fall how you predict.

But there does have to be a thorough investigation into some of the Liverpool loving on this site. Basically licking their testicles with some of these posts.
You say that like it's a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with a little testicle licking in appreciation of an infinitely superior football team such as our neighbours from across the way; the glorious Liverpool FC. Besides, we're about to take a severe batty stabbing, why not go the whole hog and do the balls too? Embrace the ream, do not fear it :drool:

Lynty

You say that like it's a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with a little testicle licking in appreciation of an infinitely superior football team such as our neighbours from across the way; the glorious Liverpool FC. Besides, we're about to take a severe batty stabbing, why not go the whole hog and do the balls too? Embrace the ream, do not fear it :drool:
Sounds like you're face down, ass up, cheeks spread already.

sangria

They'll do a Leverkusen 2002. Reach the CL final but a tired squad loses the league by a close margin and Chelsea wins the fa cup final because they can rest and prepare for it (nothing to play for otherwise). A demoralized team then loses to Madrid in the CL final due to a winning volley goal from Modric like Zidane 2002.
Henderson (like Ballack) and TAA (like Schneider) then go on to lose the World cup final with England just as Germany did in 2002.
That's not going to happen. Henderson and TAA won't be playing in the world cup final.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Can I delete this post without getting any stick? Please?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Cheers mate.

Tony247

I might get hard slaps here as I am about to commit blasphemy. But if not united then I would love to see Liverpool winning quadruple. It would be an indication that in the world of oil money bankrolled, state sponsored clubs still any club can win trophies if they follow proper footballing philosophy. I think likes of United, Liverpool are hope for larger football community. (Although we are in disgraceful state right now despite being rich on our own.)

Josh 76

I might get hard slaps here as I am about to commit blasphemy. But if not united then I would love to see Liverpool winning quadruple. It would be an indication that in the world of oil money bankrolled, state sponsored clubs still any club can win trophies if they follow proper footballing philosophy. I think likes of United, Liverpool are hope for larger football community. (Although we are in disgraceful state right now despite being rich on our own.)
Is this a sick joke ?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I just feel RM are too haphazard and don't offer enough control. 2 conceded against Seville, 3 against Chelsea, just feels like your attack is bailing you out rather than great football.
Real Madrid's current CL campaign is fairly similar to their 17-18 campaign in which they also played a final against Liverpool and won. So there's that.
(I don't think we'll actually make it to the final)

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Although I don't share your sentiments I can almost see where you're coming from. That's a testament to how far we've fallen right into the doldrums

MUFC OK

It’s already happened in my mind. Fast forward to next season and avoid the media frenzy at all costs.

shaky

Everyone already knows Liverpool can win the league/ CL/ etc, they have done so recently. There's already more than enough evidence to show that financially doped clubs aren't the be-all and end-all of football without the need for punching ourselves in the face.

L1nk

Is this a sick joke ?
Whilst I feel sick just reading it, I get his point in a very roundabout way. Liverpool show that we ourselves can compete at that level if only we were run correctly, without having the need to be financed by oil money or state sponsorships

amolbhatia50k

Real Madrid's current CL campaign is fairly similar to their 17-18 campaign in which they also played a final against Liverpool and won. So there's that.
I think Liverpool are better right now

amolbhatia50k

:lol:

Sylar

You won't have karius playing for you this time

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Thiago and Fabinho are fantastic midfielders. I dread to think how good they would be if they upgraded on Henderson.

Their goalkeeper and back 4 are great. Trent cannot defend at all and targeting that side seems the best way to approach playing them.

Their forwards are excellent and now they have back up in Diaz, Firmino, Konate etc.

An upgrade on Henderson and 2/3 more cover players and they’ll be unstoppable whilst Klopp is there. Frightening how good a coach he is.

BlueHaze

They are going to win the league and CL I'm certain of that. City have lost all their momentum in the league and they still have some tricky games like West Ham and Wolves away whereas Liverpool are going to win every remaining game. Some people think Conte might get a result at anfield but they'll crush Tottenham with ease.

In the CL I can't see any of the remaining teams beating them. Let's be honest they are also huge favorites in the FA cup. I think they'll drop off next season though.