Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
I'm not really sure Klopp's mentality had anything to do with Bayern and Real losses in the final. Especially the Real one, impact of mighty Karius can never be overlooked.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'm not really sure Klopp's mentality had anything to do with Bayern and Real losses in the final. Especially the Real one, impact of mighty Karius can never be overlooked.
Yeah they were pretty much into it even with salah out but the moment karius made the second howler they were gone.
That bayern team was simply a level above , they did well to keep it close.

Bwuk

I think they’ll win all there remaining games but I don’t think City are dropping points in the league.

James Peril

I think it’s cute how people are trying to paint Klopp as some loser when it comes to finals, like he has some mental block or something. What about the fact that the teams got there at all, Liverpool were huge underdogs against Real Madrid a few years ago and had no business getting there. Now he has a team, let’s see if he wins or loses, I wouldn’t bet against him personally.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
I think it’s cute how people are trying to paint Klopp as some loser when it comes to finals, like he has some mental block or something. What about the fact that the teams got there at all, Liverpool were huge underdogs against Real Madrid a few years ago and had no business getting there. Now he has a team, let’s see if he wins or loses, I wouldn’t bet against him personally.
Liverpools defense of 2018 was awful and compared to 2022 you can just change Lovren for Matip.

Karius

Robertson Lovren VVD TAA

Milner Henderson Wijnaldum

Mané Firmino Salah

Liverpool’s starting 11 hasn’t changed much actually. You can also swap Wiljnaldum for Thiago and Milner for Fabinho/Naby Keita.

That Liverpool scored insane amounts of goals and at the same time was so fragile it costed them the CL.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Liverpools defense of 2018 was awful and compared to 2022 you can just change Lovren for Matip.

Karius

Robertson Lovren VVD TAA

Mané Firmino Salah

Liverpool’s starting 11 hasn’t changed much actually. You can also swap Wiljnaldum for Thiago and Milner for Fabinho/Naby Keita.

That Liverpool scored insane amounts of goals and at the same time was so fragile it costed them the CL.
Five out of eleven will be replaced, that is almost half a team. Karius, Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum, Firmino. Not to say whan an upgrade Alisson is on Karius.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Five out of eleven will be replaced, that is almost half a team. Karius, Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum, Firmino. Not to say whan an upgrade Alisson is on Karius.
Yeah, not having Karius on goal in that lost CL would already have made quite the difference.

In fact, no-one on goal might have worked better cause at least it would have confused Real.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Just hope they drop points in the league, it's been a while, surely there's got to be a hiccup somewhere.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Yeah, not having Karius on goal in that lost CL would already have made quite the difference.

In fact, no-one on goal might have worked better cause at least it would have confused Real.
I will have to agree with this in hindsight, I'm not sure a single player ever made his mark on Champions league final in such a way and yet his team ended up not winning it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Depressing stuff. Can only hope City don't drop points in the league (Leeds away coming up I think).

Lost bear

Very sensible post. I would feel the same if it was the other way around. I think most of your fellow supporters feel that way but won’t admit it. There is a right way of doing it and a wrong way.
I would feel that way too- if only it wasn’t Liverpool…

amolbhatia50k

Call me a horrible person, but wish we had fourth outbreak of Covid and Liverpool loose all their momentum and than loose everything.
If only we had nicked a draw at home vs Liverpool last season when they weren't even doing well. We could have ruined their chances of top 4.

LDUred

They got a bit of luck tonight with their goal but you can't say it wasn't deserved. Even when they aren't on song they are nearly always asking questions.

The ability to switch play, the inventiveness and intensity, the movement of players like Mane, Salah and Diaz, just always keeps them on the front foot.

They're ridiculously good right now.

I still think Torres is a player we should go out on a limb to sign and he stood tall again tonight against top class opposition.

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Karius

Robertson Lovren VVD TAA

Mané Firmino Salah

When Salah got injured in that final we brought on Adam Lallana. I think the other player who came on was Emre Can. Now we have players like Jota, Keita, Firmino, Gomez and Konate on our bench.

I also don't think Milner and Wijnaldum stack up when compared to Fabinho and Thiago.

If we did play Madrid it'd be a very different final. No Ramos or Ronaldo this time either.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
If only we had nicked a draw at home vs Liverpool last season when they weren't even doing well. We could have ruined their chances of top 4.
I don't trust this United anymore, we no longer have men in our dressing room who could win the league with Cleverley and Anderson in the midfield. I used to get annoyed with Keane's character and passion talk at one point, now I realise how wrong was I and how right was he

Josh 76

Ole tried to be clever and played from the back. They were all over Fred. I think that game was the start of Ole’s decline and Klopps rise again.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Assuming there isn’t a huge upset in the 2nd leg next Tuesday and Liverpool reach the final, I’d rather see them face Real than City. I just prefer it when European finals involve teams from two different leagues / countries.

I'd probably prefer Liverpool to beat Real under that scenario, simply because I've already seen Real win the competition 7 times during my lifetime. I'm definitely supporting Chelsea in the FA Cup final though.

Regarding the title race, I did think before that City potentially had another 0-0 draw in them, where they completely dominate but just cannot find a breakthrough like their game away to Palace. However now I'm not so sure.

twitter thread suggester
They seem invincible, but surely they can’t keep winning.

It would be so sweet if they only ended up with the League Cup.

Josh 76

They are one CM player away from the Perfect team.
Back 4 and Keeper pick itself
Fabinho Thiago CM
Salah Mane Diaz

i think they have at least one more season to smash everyone.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Im not taking anything away from what he achieved at Liverpool at all but he has a 1 in 3 record in finals. That could change this season, but as I said he’s teetering on the balance of having the best season ever for an English club or having a record against your name which is terrible compared to his actual achievements and as sad as it is, people do remember trophies.

It is like Harry Kane. He can break Shearers record and overachieve with Spurs but if he doesn’t have the trophies to back him up he won’t be remembered as well as he should be.

I’m not saying that’s how football should be but it is like that.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They don't have a chance vs City head to head. So only problem in CL is if Real do Real and beat City. Then Real's defence is fecked vs Liverpool.
In league problem is that City always have one odd 0.0 game in them. Liverpool is better in being able to do "ugly" wins.

Damn, come on City! (what a shit season this is when you must say that)

amolbhatia50k

All our hopes are pinned on City and Chelsea. I'd be delighted if Liverpool didn't win one of the CL or PL but everything else.

Statue of Limitations

They seem invincible, but surely they can’t keep winning.

It would be so sweet if they only ended up with the League Cup.
You can get 13/2 for them to win nothing else which i think is overpriced.

Chelsea I don't see losing 3 FA Cup finals in a row. In fact, Chelsea dominated the LC final.
City are winning their remaining PL games.
CL Final, if they get there will be very tough and a toss up at worst.

Honestly have no words for how happy this would make me, at least it would cheer me up a bit from our own sh*t show!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You can get 13/2 for them to win nothing else which i think is overpriced.

Chelsea I don't see losing 3 FA Cup finals in a row. In fact, Chelsea dominated the LC final.
City are winning their remaining PL games.
CL Final, if they get there will be very tough and a toss up at worst.

Honestly have no words for how happy this would make me, at least it would cheer me up a bit from our own sh*t show!
I know you probably also know it deep down but Chelsea losing their previous two FA Cup finals has zero bearing on the outcome of the next final.

And they also didn't dominate us in the LC final, it was an even game.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Feels like the stars are alligned and it feels inevitable.

Honestly watching them, I have no idea how they press like they do, they're like wild animals hunting that ball back.

Everything going for them at the moment, hope wheels come off at some point, Newcastle at the weekend might be a tough tie for them.

Member 101269

Can we change the title "Liverpool; the inevitable shattered dream"
FA Cup: Chelsea?
CL: RM, or Citeh
PL: Citeh

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Funny looks on some of the Liverpool players like Henderson, Robertson, Thiago.
Glaring eyes and intensity in going at the referee just like Klopp.

Makes one think.