Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I might get hard slaps here as I am about to commit blasphemy. But if not united then I would love to see Liverpool winning quadruple. It would be an indication that in the world of oil money bankrolled, state sponsored clubs still any club can win trophies if they follow proper footballing philosophy. I think likes of United, Liverpool are hope for larger football community. (Although we are in disgraceful state right now despite being rich on our own.)
Very sensible post. I would feel the same if it was the other way around. I think most of your fellow supporters feel that way but won’t admit it. There is a right way of doing it and a wrong way.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very sensible post. I would feel the same if it was the other way around. I think most of your fellow supporters feel that way but won’t admit it. There is a right way of doing it and a wrong way.
Rubbish

Eddy_JukeZ

Nope. Rather City win it than you guys.

Even if you're a vastly more storied club.

City winning is just irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
I might get hard slaps here as I am about to commit blasphemy. But if not united then I would love to see Liverpool winning quadruple. It would be an indication that in the world of oil money bankrolled, state sponsored clubs still any club can win trophies if they follow proper footballing philosophy. I think likes of United, Liverpool are hope for larger football community. (Although we are in disgraceful state right now despite being rich on our own.)
Nah, that can't be allowed to happen. We can't be having people looking inwards at their management's failures over taking the easy way and blaming the oil clubs.

Tango80

I think it'll happen again in the next 10 years regardless of if Liverpool do it this year.

The points levels of both City and Liverpool over the last five years is that insane its turned the league into a SPL - 2 dominant teams, everyone else just making up the numbers. Competition is no where near the level of was in 1999, where more teams could beat each other.

Same in Europe as well. English teams are getting to European finals or winning the CL on almost a yearly basis. There's just no great European teams about anymore, Bayern/Real at a stretch but Barca, Juventus, Ajax, Milan - none are at that level anymore. English football is the dominant force in Europe.

Just takes one of those top 2 clubs to have a poor season and the other will hoover up.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Same in Europe as well. English teams are getting to European finals or winning the CL on almost a yearly basis. There's just no great European teams about anymore, Bayern/Real at a stretch but Barca, Juventus, Ajax, Milan - none are at that level anymore. English football is the dominant force in Europe.
While we were denied a few cl's because of galacticos madrid in the early 2000's then prime milan in mid 2000's and finally prime barcelona in the late 2000's and early 2010's.

Josh 76

I think it'll happen again in the next 10 years regardless of if Liverpool do it this year.

The points levels of both City and Liverpool over the last five years is that insane its turned the league into a SPL - 2 dominant teams, everyone else just making up the numbers. Competition is no where near the level of was in 1999, where more teams could beat each other.

Just takes one of those top 2 clubs to have a poor season and the other will hoover up.
With Liverpool and City’s squads so strong, they can both win the domestic cups with the reserves.

The PL will be a two horse race for best few seasons and as all the big teams in Europe are all crap, it again leaves these two favourites again.

So I can see your point. Very very depressing few seasons to come!

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Just imagine if they add to the quadruple the relegation of Everton and Man Utd out of the Top4-6 positions.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
You rate them really highly.

I think even after Pep's Barcelona, there's 2 teams you can argue strongly over this current Liverpool team. MSN Barca and Heynckes' Bayern
I'm talking about over Klopp's tenure. The consistency that Liverpool have shown since they the 18/19 season is astounding. Bayern Munich had one truly dominant season in Germany under Jupp Heynckes, Barcelona under Luis Enrique was overall very underwhelming

Josh 76

I'm talking about over Klopp's tenure. The consistency that Liverpool have shown since they the 18/19 season is astounding. Bayern Munich had one truly dominant season in Germany under Jupp Heynckes, Barcelona under Luis Enrique was overall very underwhelming
Some Barcelona fans think Enrique team was better than Peps.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What scares me the most is them being in that zen like mentality that almost everything looks inevitable to them , they could play shit and still not lose due to them just being *on* it.
The last I saw any team have that mentality (bayern 2013 not withstanding ) was our very own history makers back in 99 and that has me rattled.
City and pep aren't the bottling type so hopefully they won't slip up but unfortunately they're firmly the favorites to win it in Europe and equal ac Millan and looking at Chelsea's current state of things, they're to inconsistent to give me much hope in them beating pool in fa final.
We need to get our shit in order fast , I don't think I could live on with this much longer.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Some Barcelona fans think Enrique team was better than Peps.
And they would be wrong, it had their best front 3 but the cracks un midfield was starting to appear, hell I don't think they particularly deserved to win that final either , things could have gone very differently had the ref showed the the spot after that challenge on pogba.

thekman

Supports
Juventus
The Champions League is the only one I'm confident of them winning out of the three left, City have the talent but will buckle mentally against them on the day and Madrid have the mentality but not enough talent to match them. I think City will hang on in the league and Chelsea win the Cup to save some face for the season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If these cnuts win the quad and we get relegated I don't think I can watch football anymore.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Scintillating team, breathtaking manager. Klopp :eek:

Irwin99

City will win the league. I wouldn't write off Chelsea for the FA cup either

the champions league is theirs though I think.

Stretfordender786

If they win the quad they literally will outdo our greatest ever season. It’s a killer. They’ll have 7 ucl and we’re stuck on 3

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

The only thing i'm clinging onto is that Klopp has a pretty naff final record in comps that matter. 2 CL final losses, a EL final loss, League Cup final loss, 2 German Cup Final losses. He's only won 1 CL, 1 German Cup and 1 League Cup. It's kind of weird that he's a couple of steps from an exceptional achievement but also a lacklustre trophy assemblage at the same time.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
If these cnuts win the quad and we get relegated I don't think I can watch football anymore.
There is an inevitable sense of doom with respect to this season. It feels even worse than when we got relegated. I keep seeing the results and get more depressed about the season each day. I have already accepted the quad as being a foregone conclusion.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
There is an inevitable sense of doom with respect to this season. It feels even worse than when we got relegated. I keep seeing the results and get more depressed about the season each day. I have already accepted the quad as being a foregone conclusion.
I agree, as soon as Rafa took over at Everton I knew that something shite was going to happen.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool

I can see City have that odd off day against one of the remaining opponents where Pep wont do any changes. Pool will win all their remaining games for sure. Their passion is out of this world.

Gazautd18

I can see City have that odd off day against one of the remaining opponents where Pep wont do any changes. Pool will win all their remaining games for sure. Their passion is out of this world.
Wish their pashun tactic would end up with the same results as ours... Can't see it though unfortunately.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

City are picking up feck tones of injuries. Feels like they're crawling to the finish line, whereas Liverpool look fresher and fitter now than at any other point in the season, which is just weird.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Wouldn't write off Chelsea either, though RM may bleed City dry at the SB, so they could drop points in the middle of that.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
The only thing i'm clinging onto is that Klopp has a pretty naff final record in comps that matter. 2 CL final losses, a EL final loss, League Cup final loss, 2 German Cup Final losses. He's only won 1 CL, 1 German Cup and 1 League Cup. It's kind of weird that he's a couple of steps from an exceptional achievement but also a lacklustre trophy assemblage at the same time.
Well, in 2 of those CL Final loses he was not favorite to win (Bayern and Real).
The EL Final, although a bad loss vs Sevilla, kind of re-kindled with him winning vs Tottenham in 2019.

The Cup losses in Germany were clearly mistakes from him. Although he made it out by winning 2 back to back Bundesligas.

But I get your point, he has a bad record in finals overall.

laughtersassassin

It's in the bag for them. City are using so much energy winning each game they'll be fecked come the end.

A fitting end to our worst period post Ferguson. :rolleyes:

Josh 76

City are picking up feck tones of injuries. Feels like they're crawling to the finish line, whereas Liverpool look fresher and fitter now than at any other point in the season, which is just weird.
It’s not the first time these feckers have done this. The year they won the CL and won there last 12 or so league games with almost the same 11 was not normal!

Josh 76

Well, in 2 of those CL Final loses he was not favorite to win (Bayern and Real).
The EL Final, although a bad loss vs Sevilla, kind of re-kindled with him winning vs Tottenham in 2019.

The Cup losses in Germany were clearly mistakes from him. Although he made it out by winning 2 back to back Bundesligas.

2 out of 2
Add the world shit cup and euro charity shield, it’s starting to look like he’s learnt his lesson

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

You're right but i do think the psych of that can have an impact. Still though, for as many finals as he's been in, his record isn't the best. I know he's been up against two giants in City and Bayern in the league too but for all the incredible work he's achieved he could end up not having the trophy count he probably deserves and people remember trophies.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
You're right but i do think the psych of that can have an impact. Still though, for as many finals as he's been in, his record isn't the best. I know he's been up against two giants in City and Bayern in the league too but for all the incredible work he's achieved he could end up not having the trophy count he probably deserves and people remember trophies.
I agree, his record is "poor", but this year could be his redemption moment... or the consummation of his lack of mental strength in finals... We shall see soon enough.