Loris Karius appreciation thread

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why? The man could retire now and be in the hall of fame with Ronaldo and Beckham as both a United and Madrid legend.

Very select and prestigious list.
From a mental pov. He's obviously struggling and doing it in front of millions and being openly mocked. Most people can't handle that.

ROFLUTION

Cool cali-video though. The legolas of football.. maybe not the same vision.. but still.. Great promo-video.

Trizy

From a mental pov. He's obviously struggling and doing it in front of millions and being openly mocked. Most people can't handle that.
He's a rich good looking chap, I'm sure he'll be fine.

RedDevil@84

Come on..

This guy was crap before that game.

The UCL final just gave him the perfect stage to show bad.
It was the elbow, just like the evil forces of wind, earth and maybe fire in future stopping Pool from winning the titles.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He's a rich good looking chap, I'm sure he'll be fine.
That's a very stupid thing to suggest, just because you're rich you can't be depressed. If that were the case Enke wouldn't have taken his life.

Trizy

That's a very stupid thing to suggest, just because you're rich you can't be depressed. If that were the case Enke wouldn't have taken his life.
It's even more stupid to assume he's suffering from mental health issues just because he's a shit keeper..

kidbob

A statue of him and Demba Ba with Gerrard slipping at their feet should be built to honour these United legends.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
A statue of him and Demba Ba with Gerrard slipping at their feet should be built to honour these United legends.
Karius tries to stop Gerrard from falling, but misses the catch. Would be a great statue.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It's even more stupid to assume he's suffering from mental health issues just because he's a shit keeper..
Gunes said. “Karius has gone a bit stagnant, something is wrong with his electricity, motivation, enthusiasm for the game."

That clearly says he's struggling mentally.

Member 114837

The champions league final horror show broke this kid. He was mistake prone, with his shot blocking being bad to awful. But the CL final was a different level of bad.

It was tough to lose the final from Liverpool's perspective. But it was the end of the road for Karius in top level football.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Gunes said. “Karius has gone a bit stagnant, something is wrong with his electricity, motivation, enthusiasm for the game."

That clearly says he's struggling mentally.
Equating struggling mentally due to confidence issues and depression is a very stupid thing to do. Enke suffered deep seeded depression and his daughter died, there's absolutely nothing similar between him and Karius, and you need to learn the damn difference between confidence issues and actual mental issues.

the_irish123

He's tall, handsome, rich and has the most cozy job ever : reserve goalkeeper. I do not feel sorry for him at all.

montpelier

Not as amusing as Gerrard's fall, but still a great memory
I'm not sure. In some ways Gerrard's fall was 'only' a shocking prelude to the hilarious farce of Crystanbul & of course we've had great fun with 'the slip' in hindsight.

Karius's double whammy was the funnier as it happened possibly. And we got 2 !!! - having immediate consequences. I was half crying, half squawking when he threw the 2nd in. I was more like 'speechlessly amazed' by the halfway line tragedy - and there was still a bit of play left in deciding things after that.

Maybe just how one looks at it. We have greater capital to make from Gerrard's slip because they can't find anything to defend that with & he's a much bigger profile. No smokescreen of concussion or Salah falling over when he done the deed of laughable ineptness when his team most needed him. Much less ignoring the core beliefs of YAWN in Stevie's case too.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Funnily enough I watched highlights of the CL final 2018 today as I couldn’t remember the score.

It was glorious.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Equating struggling mentally due to confidence issues and depression is a very stupid thing to do. Enke suffered deep seeded depression and his daughter died, there's absolutely nothing similar between him and Karius, and you need to learn the damn difference between confidence issues and actual mental issues.
That was in response to someone saying he's 'rich and handsome so he'l do okay'. That's why I brought about Enke, he was supposed to be rich and therefore okay as well, but that's not how humans work. To simply put aside any possibility of a footballer being depressed, which many are but don't speak about it, with 'he's rich', is what I said it's stupid. I never said Karius is in a similar position to Enke.

Handré1990

Weird. I was just talking to an old mate from uni yesterday. Big Liverpool fan, but he kind of lost interest after how they treated him after the CL final loss. He always was too fair and good a guy to support the likes of them anyway.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Weird. I was just talking to an old mate from uni yesterday. Big Liverpool fan, but he kind of lost interest after how they treated him after the CL final loss. He always was too fair and good a guy to support the likes of them anyway.
None of that happened but I agree that they treated him very poorly.

Ludens the Red

Did they? I swear Liverpool fans literally stood and applauded him the day of the final.
They sold him soon after because he’s a shit keeper and brought a top class keeper, don’t see what Liverpool did wrong.

Handré1990

Eh? :confused:
Did they? I swear Liverpool fans literally stood and applauded him the day of the final.
They sold him soon after because he’s a shit keeper and brought a top class keeper, don’t see what Liverpool did wrong.
He didn’t mention the fans, but the players. I don’t remember it, but he said Karius was bawling his eyes out at the final whistle, and none of his team mates approached him to lend support. Didn’t make it better when it was clear he had a concussion. I agree he wasn’t any good, but you do win and lose together, could have been any one of those players making a mistake. Not like they did much in that game anyway.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He could have been welcomed back as backup, if not for the fact that the guy we signed as backup has turned out to be better than any of our first choice keepers who aren't named Alisson since 2012.

Rather have had him than mignolet as backup last season though.

Hope he finds a good club. Besiktas sounds like a horrible place to be.