Louis CK

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah O2. We planned to drink beforehand but got there late so we just downed a bottle of wine before going in :lol:

walsh

Of course...but maybe is one of his best for sure. Also, why do people think telling a joke involving something dark is seen as condoning it? I fecking hate this culture of being 'offended' if someone says something you don't like. he's not your type of comedian? That's fine, don't listen to him again.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
That's a tweet from the article. So this person was fine with Louis CK up until this point yeah? :lol: All the other jokes in his previous sets were just dandy.
If he'd have included a trigger warning, it would have been all good.

The worst thing about seeing Louis CK live was the absolutely wasted girl next to me who kept leaning on me, grabbing my thigh, and then tried to take a nap in my lap. Her boyfriend broke up with her and kicked her out of their apartment mid-show.

Eriku

Hilarious bit. I'm all for being politically correct, but jesus christ it's pretty damn clear that he's NOT condoning that shit, not even in character. If anything, he's making a very vivid case for how deeply pathological people who commit these offences are.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's not my source. I heard it through Roxane Gay on Twitter. That's just the source of the discussion. It's apparently fairly well known among comedians.
It's the source you posted here and another source you say is twitter and my guess that the common knowledge about it is from comment sections or have you actually heard comedians say this?

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I'm a huge Louis CK fan and that's up there with the funniest few minutes of material he's ever produced.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've had that exact same thought as him too. About how it's literally the worst crime and yet people still do it so it must be amazing for them :lol: Sounds so bad written down.

kps88

It was hilarious but doing it on (now) tame show like SNL was bound to cause an uproar. I'm guessing SNL don't mind the attention either. It wouldn't have looked at all out of place in one of his stand up specials.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
It's the source you posted here and another source you say is twitter and my guess that the common knowledge about it is from comment sections or have you actually heard comedians say this?
You're right. The Gawker article is flimsy. Roxane Gay is a respected author and academic although she doesn't offer much more than that 'everyone knows Louis was like that'.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You're right. The Gawker article is flimsy. Roxane Gay is a respected author and academic although she doesn't offer much more than that 'everyone knows Louis was like that'.
The thing is, this sounds like something he did early in his career and I remember hearing something about that and it seems to me that it has turned into "that's how he is".

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
That SNL monologue actually made me crack up out loud, his commitment to the joke and the way he sees it through is great.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I only got round to actually watching the clip last night and thought it was absolutely brilliant, as usual with him.

walsh

That SNL monologue actually made me crack up out loud, his commitment to the joke and the way he sees it through is great.
A lot of his jokes are along similar lines. Like 'I know this sounds terrible, but hear me out' and it really works well because people in general love to laugh at things that are traditionally considered taboo or 'offensive.' I think he's the best around and his TV show is just fantastic.

I think he means he wants those that are offended by his SNL monologue to watch that.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He certainly looks like a guy who whips his cock out in front of unsuspecting women.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Only to angrily secrete cum in their eye when they talk to him. Not sexually, aggressively.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Dear Human Person,

Hi. This is Louis CK. This is just a note to let you know that I have put a new show up on louisck.net. It's called "Louis CK live at Madison Square Garden". The show is exactly what is described there. It's the audio from my last of 3 shows that I performed at Madison Square Garden early this year. Some of the material is in the Comedy Store Special. Some of it isn't. But it's also a fun show on it's own. BUT since it's repeated material, I'm giving you the option to set your price anywhere from 1 dollar to 85. The default is 5. I hope you like it.

There isn't much else to say. I'm having a pretty nice summer and I hope you are too. I feel pretty good about the planet, the country and my immediate surroundings, even though a lot of things are a huge mess all over the world. It may be selfish, or naive or even calloused to feel pretty good ever about anything when anyone anywhere is having a bad time and there sure are a lot of anyones everywhere having a bad time. But then again if you're upset all the time because something bad is happening every second, then jesus. I mean… for christ's sake, take it easy.

I hope all of you are having a good summer. I hope you're all relatively okay or better. I hope that nobody shoots anybody today. What are the odds of that? low. But I hope it.

Take care

Louis
New special out on his website.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona

Just dropped the first episode of his new web series Horace and Pete with Steve Buscemi on his website. 4 Hour-long episodes about the two working in a bar.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
What's impressive is how we got all these big names involved in his show, yet not even one ad or promo is out there. Just an email that the show is already available to download. Top quality stuff with great grasping dialogues.