Louis Van Gaal - Press Conference vs Burnley - Feb 10th

Walters_19_MuFc

I don't think he's getting wound up at all. A lot of people, including myself, were shocked when we found out we were second in the league with the amount of long balls, but we also have the second highest possession and pass success % in the league after City, so its obviously controlled long balls. I guess in a narrow formation such as ours, switching play often opens up the pitch a bit more. He's just dealing with facts.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Even if she was feeling it, Karen should have kept her emotions to herself. As a press officer she knows everything will be used by the media. Her grimacing is now becoming the 'face' of the Van Gaal cracks narrative.

Zoo

Maybe?

But I see it becoming a thing that will be analysed a lot more now by the SKY and the media. Could that have a negative affect? Perhaps.
Or maybe they'll look at the data in greater depth. Maybe Gary Neville will analyse it on Monday Night Football.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
He's like Dwight Schultz, he really can't help himself. Like @Barney said him calling Big Sam "Big Sam" :lol:

It was about time that Van Gaal started to show his true colours, the man is a proper nutjob.

Smores

He loves it because its all about him.

If Mourinho did that we'd all take the piss so I'm not going to pretend its anything short of embarrassing.

Nice pat on the back to himself for bringing on Fellaini in a game his decisions were dour and we were awful.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Even if she was feeling it, Karen should have kept her emotions to herself. As a press officer she knows everything will be used by the media. Her grimacing is now becoming the 'face' of the Van Gaal cracks narrative.
Didnt know she had a name

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Had a friend who used to refer to situations where you spend time needlessly disproving someone as "rat-f$&king." Even if you win you spent time screwing rats. For me that's what LvG did today.

Jammydodger7

He is a tit. Get used to it. He's a pompous, know it all, havent you seen it when he treats journos like kids when talking of certain tactics?
Which is the right thing to do!...You could easily be describing Fergie, Mourinho or any other Top class manager there

Water Melon

That grimacing could well become one of those classic gif's.

Someone

Something
I've just seen the video and it's not really a fachts moment at all.

He just wanted to point out the difference between sideways long balls and the forward play ones. He always finds the need to act like some kind of teacher but that's nothing new, he wasn't angry or annoyed, he was just as patronizing as ever.

Jammydodger7

He has taken the bait is the problem

Even if we dont think what he is saying is wrong or whatever. The fact is now its an issue. The press are loving it and so are opposition fans.

"Long Ball Utd" will be under quite a bit of scrutiny now and LVG has added to this.
Whilst he was wrong to do it, it shows that it's got to him, which can ony be a good thing in terms of us playing so many of them in the future.

finneh

Ah it's that brilliant logic where our chances on goal count as misses and the opposition's count towards who should have won the game.

Van Persie should have had two, Falcao should have had one and instead of playing long ball we'd have been passing the ball about picking them off on the counter. Instead they scored from a set peice and sat back into their box.
This has been the most surprising part of the 'cafe since the West Ham game. A high percentage seem to believe that we had no real good chances, West Ham had 4-5, De Gea saved us once again and we were lucky to get an injury time winner.

The truth was that 4 of the 5 best chances in the game fell to a United player, De Gea didn't make any saves that you wouldn't have expected him to make and RVP/Falcao both missed sitters.

Nine of out ten times that game finishes 2 or 3-1 and we say "poor performance but important result".

giggsziniho

Shouldn't have spent the time and effort to give further fuel to the media. Should have said he's more concerned about getting us back into the champions league then spending time responding to other managers post match interview.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Sure, but that's what rival supporters do.
Yeah but you have to admit this whole thing is very embarrassing regardless of being rival fans, if rodgers did this then I'm sure you would find it embarrassing too, as I said I'm sure there's fans and people associated with other clubs finding this hilarious and pathetic.

Empire

Yes because that stat is all that is relevant when it comes to our passing game. The tempo of our passing and how quickly we move the ball on is our problem, I thought that was pretty obvious.
It is obvious but there will always be posters like @Cassidy who don't see it.

Boycott

Fergie's rants were exactly that. A rant off the back of repeated questions about a particular topic. He let it all go at once and left it there. The Rafa/Mourinho and now this from Van Gaal screams of paranoia purely because they per-meditated doing it.

Devil may care

When I saw this thread was 7 pages long I thought something interesting must have been said, my mistake. The silly thing is Allardyce clearly said it tongue in cheek as well.

ottosec

Hoe stupid is the press officer, tho, all cameras on her and she does that shit... :lol:

It's fair to say that she'll be looking for a job tomorrow. :lol:

Skills

Snitch
"Alan Pardew has come out and criticised me ... Alan Pardew is the worst at haranguing referees, his whole staff, every game," Ferguson said. "He was at it the whole game on Wednesday. He shoved the [assistant] referee and makes a joke of it and he's got the cheek to criticise me. It's unbelievable. He forgets the help I gave him.

"The press have had a good field day out of it. They've addressed every possible avenue. The only one they've left out is Barack Obama. He's too busy. I carry that because I'm the manager of the most famous club in the world. I'm not at Newcastle, a wee club in the north-east. That's simply the facts of life."

Varun

Staff
Yeah but you have to admit this whole thing is very embarrassing regardless of being rival fans, if rodgers did this then I'm sure you would find it embarrassing too, as I said I'm sure there's fans and people associated with other clubs finding this hilarious and pathetic.
Why's it embarrassing?

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
I really wouldn't care.

I'm not sure all the people defending him now would be laughing at Rodgers either. Some definitely would be lining up to stick the boot in (@Pexbo and @The Man Himself I'm looking at you!), but I don't think that's the case for everyone.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
"Alan Pardew has come out and criticised me ... Alan Pardew is the worst at haranguing referees, his whole staff, every game," Ferguson said. "He was at it the whole game on Wednesday. He shoved the [assistant] referee and makes a joke of it and he's got the cheek to criticise me. It's unbelievable. He forgets the help I gave him.

"The press have had a good field day out of it. They've addressed every possible avenue. The only one they've left out is Barack Obama. He's too busy. I carry that because I'm the manager of the most famous club in the world. I'm not at Newcastle, a wee club in the north-east. That's simply the facts of life."
That presser was genius, I must say. Very well put by SAF and his timing and intonation made it very sinister and brilliantly funny at the same time.

Whereas Van Gaal is just a nitpicker who couldn't help himself today.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Stop living through rival's eyes, that's more embarrassing than LVG's press conference.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
That presser was genius, I must say. Very well put by SAF and his timing and intonation made it very sinister and brilliantly funny at the same time.

Whereas Van Gaal is just a nitpicker who couldn't help himself today.
Thank you for this glorious memory of SAF....

He absolutely destroyed Pardew, Newcastle and imposed Manchester United as a whole club...

That huge for a mind gamer

LVG has still a lot to learn