Television Love Island 2018

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Megan is obviously a plant by the producers. There’s no way she wrecks Laura and Wes’ relationship and then decides to completely forget all about Wes within minutes of him leaving the villa. Then you’ve got her behaviour with New Alex and Dean - why ask Dean to kiss you if you’ve got no interest in him? It’s all a bit scripted, for me.

Also, the producers messing with Dani’s head last night was ridiculous. Why show that clip of Jack and not the umpteen examples of him being a gentleman? Why not show Georgia examples of Josh being a sleazebag? Why not show Wes examples of Megan being a slag? I get the narrative is dictated a lot by what the producers desire, but that’s manipulation to the point of depravity.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Megan is obviously a plant by the producers. There’s no way she wrecks Laura and Wes’ relationship and then decides to completely forget all about Wes within minutes of him leaving the villa. Then you’ve got her behaviour with New Alex and Dean - why ask Dean to kiss you if you’ve got no interest in him? It’s all a bit scripted, for me.

Also, the producers messing with Dani’s head last night was ridiculous. Why show that clip of Jack and not the umpteen examples of him being a gentleman? Why not show Georgia examples of Josh being a sleazebag? Why not show Wes examples of Megan being a slag? I get the narrative is dictated a lot by what the producers desire, but that’s manipulation to the point of depravity.
She's clearly got VERY low self esteem.

The fact she's had so much surgery, she obviously wasn't happy in herself.

The way she now acts is clearly very attention seeking, she loves the guys falling over her. She's a narcissist that won't be happy unless the spotlight is on her. No doubt the producers have asked her to mix it up a bit, as before that point she was happy making do with Eyal.

Let's be honest though the show was steadily getting a bit boring, the drama has added a lot.

I agree though them messing with Dani was a bit OTT, especially as he's been good as gold.

I can't wait to see the Josh/Georgia situation though, he's in bigggggggg trouble.

GloryHunter07

Megan is obviously a plant by the producers.
I had a similar feeling about Adam, they are both a producer's dream.

Cant wait to see what happens to Wes!

I felt like Dani massively over reacted. He just said "OMG" a couple of times, surely she knows the video wouldve been cut to make it look as bad as possible..

Buchan

She's clearly got VERY low self esteem.

The fact she's had so much surgery, she obviously wasn't happy in herself.

The way she now acts is clearly very attention seeking, she loves the guys falling over her. She's a narcissist that won't be happy unless the spotlight is on her. No doubt the producers have asked her to mix it up a bit, as before that point she was happy making do with Eyal.

Let's be honest though the show was steadily getting a bit boring, the drama has added a lot.

I agree though them messing with Dani was a bit OTT, especially as he's been good as gold.

I can't wait to see the Josh/Georgia situation though, he's in bigggggggg trouble.
Oh, absolutely. Megan has got massive self-esteem issues. I get the impression that she’ll never be fully satisfied with how she looks and that any positive male attention (by somewhat attractive guys) will lead to her going astray.

She’s also totally contradicted herself in the villa as she admitted that New Alex is ‘totally her type’ (older, ‘manly’ figure) yet he’s as far away from Wes in terms of looks as anyone in the show. That’s why I think her stunt to split up Wes and Laura was a ploy by the producers. It didn’t make sense at the time (they never showed us one conversation between Wes and Megan prior to the split yet she claimed she was falling for him after binning Eyal) and it makes even less sense now.

Buchan

Also, New Charlie is even more of a bore than OG Alex so Ellie feigning attraction to him is a bit rich (pardon the pun). I hope she’s kicked off next. She comes across as hugely fake.

SteveTheRed

Oh, absolutely. Megan has got massive self-esteem issues. I get the impression that she’ll never be fully satisfied with how she looks and that any positive male attention (by somewhat attractive guys) will lead to her going astray.

She’s also totally contradicted herself in the villa as she admitted that New Alex is ‘totally her type’ (older, ‘manly’ figure) yet he’s as far away from Wes in terms of looks as anyone in the show. That’s why I think her stunt to split up Wes and Laura was a ploy by the producers. It didn’t make sense at the time (they never showed us one conversation between Wes and Megan prior to the split yet she claimed she was falling for him after binning Eyal) and it makes even less sense now.
I think she is just like that, I've known types of girls just like it...see an opportunity with someone who is coupled up, gets what she wanted and is now bored, new guy comes along and it will be the same story.

Honestly think she has such low self esteem that probably any one of the blokes could go up to her and kiss her. She just doesn't know how to say "no" it's quite sad really.

GloryHunter07

Megan and Adam seem to have the same roving eye. They are both young and good looking so fair play but eventually they need to grow up a little.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

Tbf didn't she say she wasn't actually attracted to Wes at first, it was just he has good banter and fun to mess around with.

Her face isn't even good looking.

And Alex is such a weird guy. That shit about brushing toes in bed :lol:

bleezy

Her and Adam both have massive confidence issues. They've been through drastic body transformations and need that attention to keep them going. Eyal, Dr Alex, Wes and New Alex are all so vastly different, Megan's only real type is 'attention'.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Megan is fine as long as you can take her for what she is rather than getting whipped - which is what happens to most guys. she lives off the freshest bit of attention (which is probably down to the self esteem stuff that's been mentioned) so the only way you'll know ever if she's yours is by not declaring your 100% interest in her and feed her scraps whilst contuining to be really nice - as she does to everyone else.

This is all my opinions obvs..

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Apparently over 650 sad sacks have complained to Ofcom about the Dani/Jack thing last night

Heardy

Given the show has been blamed for not caring / doing enough for ex contestants after the girl killed herself, seemed a cheap shot to openly play with someone’s emotion for he sake of viewings.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Yeah people are turning on him. The bloke I went to school with is the guy that keeps clashing with him!
Teddy or Grant? Those two seem the most down to earth and genuine from an outsider's point of view. Teddy seems a really good bloke tbh

Adam-Utd

She stooped a bit low there which the whole "she can feck off/not clapping" crap.
I found that hilarious :lol: she's not the type that lets a grudge go bless her.

Thought it was funny seeing Karma come around for Wes, Megan really is ruthless. I bet Laura was laughing her head off inside.

Jeez though the Josh/Georgia part... you've got to feel for the girl. You know she would have rebounded with the other lad but he's been booted too so she's stuck :lol:

SteveTheRed

Am I alone in thinking that the hate for Josh is little much?

Him and Georgia were basically pushed to couple up because everyone else had someone. They eventually got on well but it wasn't at the boyfriend/girlfriend stage. He's then gone off for a few days and found someone who he is obviously more suited for.

He had to recouple with that girl otherwise he is just letting her leave, then 100% regretting it and eventually ending it with Georgia anyway - breaking her heart either way.

Brinky

Him and Georgia were basically pushed to couple up because everyone else had someone. They eventually got on well but it wasn't at the boyfriend/girlfriend stage. He's then gone off for a few days and found someone who he is obviously more suited for.

He had to recouple with that girl otherwise he is just letting her leave, then 100% regretting it and eventually ending it with Georgia anyway - breaking her heart either way.
I agree, obviously its not nice to be pied off for someone else, but just get on with it.

Also, Georgia was loved up with Niall and the day he left, she was straight onto Josh.

Hal9000

He's led her on just a bit though hasn't he? He's basically done what Adam did to Rose/Kendall. He's acted and said all the right things to her, and jumped ship straight away.

Adam-Utd

Yeah I don't blame Josh really, but I think it's more the fact it happened without them both knowing that makes it seem worse.

Obviously it's part of the game and it's great drama, there had to be a winner / loser out of it, and Josh came out looking bad.

A lot of the couples are "forced" as otherwise they'll get the boot, so people will pretend to have feelings to stay in the game.

iluvoursolskjær

A lot of the couples are "forced" as otherwise they'll get the boot, so people will pretend to have feelings to stay in the game.
Which is what makes situations like Josh’s inevitable really.

I really did feel for G though, her loyalty is a very attractive trait and she didn’t deserve to be pied but that’s the game though innit. Kaz and Josh just look a more natural fit.

The timing of Casa Amor proper fecked Wes though eh, Laura must be loving it. And Dani cracks me up.

Adam-Utd

Which is what makes situations like Josh’s inevitable really.

I really did feel for G though, her loyalty is a very attractive trait and she didn’t deserve to be pied but that’s the game though innit. Kaz and Josh just look a more natural fit.

The timing of Casa Amor proper fecked Wes though eh, Laura must be loving it. And Dani cracks me up.
Yep, they've played it well with the timing IMO, things just about started to get a bit boring / samey with the couples, Megan lit the touchpaper and it's well and truly gone up in flames :lol:

GloryHunter07

Georgia has begun to piss me off.

Of course its not nice to get ditched like that but she has been massively milking it. She started on the drama as soon as Josh left the Villa so she must have had an inkling that he didnt like her that much.

Contrast to Laura who called Megan a slag in the heat of the moment then basically took it like a grown up.

SteveTheRed

He's led her on just a bit though hasn't he? He's basically done what Adam did to Rose/Kendall. He's acted and said all the right things to her, and jumped ship straight away.
I guess slightly but in someway not? He was saying stuff like "She keeps me on my toes, but each day I am liking her more and more etc."...that's not leading her up the garden path, it's just saying what is it. Obviously she liked him more than he liked her. If the shoe was on the other foot I feel people would be saying "Georgia is allowed to like someone else, they just weren't suited etc."

Georgia has begun to piss me off.

Of course its not nice to get ditched like that but she has been massively milking it. She started on the drama as soon as Josh left the Villa so she must have had an inkling that he didnt like her that much.

Contrast to Laura who called Megan a slag in the heat of the moment then basically took it like a grown up.
Agreed, I feel for her because she has been rejected and it's never nice, but she is milking it! I heard she slept with someone's boyfriend before the show anyway

Buchan

Georgia is being heralded as some Girlpower Queen whom we all should love and respect but I’m not having it. She’s come across quite deceitful in my eyes and very entitled most of the time but particularly since Josh left for Casa Amor. She regularly admitted to treating Josh like a 13-year-old boy (“I act like I’m not interested in him to keep him on his toes”) - who the feck wants to get into a relationship with a headwrecker like that? Huge red flags right there.

Then you’ve got her admission last night that she feels weird as ‘no boy has ever run away from me before’. To me, her tears are either fake or she’s just upset that she wasn’t the one to break up with Josh when Jordan threw himself at her, which is how she normally ends her relationships as per her own confession. Also, on a totally unrelated note, Georgia’s resting bitch face is quite off-putting and I’m not sure I’d be able to look at that all day long.

All in all, well done to Josh for having a pair of balls and following what he feels is right for himself.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Gutted Adam has gone, one of the only entertaining ones in the villa.

Buchan

Also, Adam getting voted off is the biggest UK television tragedy of 2018 thus far. The absolute state of some of the contestants still standing. It beggars belief, it really does.

EDIT: Snap, @Theon.

iluvoursolskjær

If I have to hear the word 'loyal' again tonight I dunno what I'll end up doing; Georgia and Laura were both doing my nut in. Samira is just an annoying wannabe Meghan (the nasty aspects) and how is Dr Cringe (Alex) still on the show while Adam gets the boot?

I find it hilarious how Wes makes everyone lose their shit by saving 'Muggy Meg' every time :lol:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Georgia is a chav. And saying that she wanted to jump in bed with that fake Wes lookalike and rip his clothes off but didn't because she is loyal as if that is such an amazing feat. :lol: My girlfriend would be pissed if I said that.

Laura is well annoying too. She's a complete bitch who acts like she is perfect and does no wrong and constantly tried to belittle Wes. The preview for tomorrow's episode having a go at Georgia she comes across as a total bitch. Samira is well annoying too.

How the hell did Ellie "she's playing games boys" and poshboy Charlie get voted safe? Who likes them?

Alex is weird but class, the smouldering shit was hilarious. Adam is cool too, shame he is gone.

spwd

Laura shouldn’t be anywhere near this show, she looks about 40, G is gorgeous and so is Meghan but both seem a bit crackers, although I can understand it with G because she thought she was in a solid couple.
Darryl or whatever would look a lot better if she took all the shit out her face, I don’t mind tattoos but that shits annoying.

Alex has absolutely no chance of finding anything on this show, i like him as hes a gentleman but he’s useless with women, I thought i was bad but Christ!

Buchan

I think Laura has been my least-favourite contestant from day one and I doubt she’ll ever change my opinion of her but her behaviour last night took the cake again (as well as the preview for tonight’s episode). Her chat with New Alex (stirring the pot, saying bitchy things about Megan TO HER CURRENT PARTNER) and her behavior towards Georgia surrounding the date with New Jack just reeked of bitchiness, desperation and entitlement, all rolled into one.

She’s a much more likeable person when she’s not coupled up, which then makes me believe it’s all an act with her as surely somebody is happiest and at ease when they’ve found love/someone to bond with. She’s the complete opposite! Her insecurities with Wes were so obvious and her behaviour last night both to and around the topic of Jack when Georgia took him on a date was staggeringly immature. I genuinely can’t stand her and I think it speaks volumes that she’s not overly popular with most of the housemates in the villa. Maybe because she’s 47 and has absolutely nothing in common with them, who knows?

SteveTheRed

Quite funny to see how the guys deal with each other compared to the girls.

Wes and Alex just straight talking - Wes "I fancy your girl and i'm going to try and steal her" Alex "A man's gotta do what a man has got to do, may the best one win"

Laura and Georgia however, it was all snide sly remarks. Georgia making out she doesn't fancy Jack, Laura acting like she is totally fine with it then the next minute freaking out.