Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I think 80% of you lot are the same as me and have seen him play maybe 3 times. Most of ye thought Matic was brutal until he actually started playing for us. I have no idea if Moura would improve us.

Zoo

Seems to be a lot of Lucas Moura experts on here.

DCP

People saying that our squad is full of these average talents needs to seriously reconsider how they look at our squad. We have no right winger, be have very little in terms of direct running and making space in wide areas. Whoever we play on the right comes inside, at one point in one of our last games we had Martial, Lingard and Mata all on the pitch, all in a left wing/left inside forward position at the same time.

A big reason were sometimes struggle to find the winner is that we don't stretch teams enough, yes he may not be a balon d'or winner but he offers us something that is missing from our team, someone that can beat their man with skill and pace and get a cross in from the right without having to cut back inside.

Reactions: KM

Thisistheone

If its true at only 25m, then I don't know whether to be excited at us doing smart business or worried that the Glazers are going for the cheap option instead of the 55m Mahrez.

Kostov

Jesus Christ, based on the reactions on here someone might think we have prime David Beckham occupying our right side. Instead we have Juan Mata playing there and there is not a single RM at the club.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Jesus Christ, based on the reactions on here someone might think we have prime David Beckham occupying our right side. Instead we have Juan Mata playing there and there is not a single RM at the club.
It's not about whether he'd improve us, it's about whether another player could improve us much more. Granted, I'm one of those who hasn't seen a great deal of him (not least because he's not really playing now). Why aren't other (top) clubs interested?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
The brazilliam Walcott lol

Tbf if we get him for €25m then it is a good deal.

Also with Valencia and Moura on the right hand side will bring power, pace to our team.

We just need someone like Jorginho and a LB and then we have a decent side.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I don't think it's ridiculous at all that people would have expected more. It's not that we have better - But we should be looking for better. He's not even the PSG squad player I'd be targeting.

I know a lot depends on the fee/wage/role - He may be decent value for a useful squad player but I've watched PSG a lot in the last few years and there's a reason their fans will not miss him. Incredibly sloppy with the ball and makes infuriating decisions - I thought we have enough of that in our squad as it is.

Normally pretty optimistic about signings but this is underwhelming. I doubt he'll be here for too long.

Jig1234

The brazilliam Walcott lol

Tbf if we get him for €25m then it is a good deal.

Also with Valencia and Moura on the right hand side will bring power, pace to our team.

We just need someone like Jorginho and a LB and then we have a decent side.
I don't think it's worth it. - I feel we will have to replace him in a year or two. He has not developed at all.

He has a lot of pace but no end product. I think Mahrez is the smarter option.

Jig1234

I don't think it's ridiculous at all that people would have expected more. It's not that we have better - But we should be looking for better. He's not even the PSG squad player I'd be targeting.

I know a lot depends on the fee/wage/role - He may be decent value for a useful squad player but I've watched PSG a lot in the last few years and there's a reason their fans will not miss him. Incredibly sloppy with the ball and makes infuriating decisions - I thought we have enough of that in our squad as it is.

Normally pretty optimistic about signings but this is underwhelming. I doubt he'll be here for too long.
Stinks of Di Maria. 1 season or 2 and he'll be off.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's not about whether he'd improve us, it's about whether another player could improve us much more. Granted, I'm one of those who hasn't seen a great deal of him (not least because he's not really playing now). Why aren't other (top) clubs interested?
They don't need him, there isn't an other top club that really needs a wide player. We are pretty much the last one to pick.

Kostov

Well no, it's about people to be a bit more realistic, it's January and there are not many options available. Feck it's hard enough even in the summer to find those players that would improve us much more. We don't have a single RM at the club, getting Lucas Moura for a relatively small sum might prove to be smart move.

Why weren't other top clubs interested in Salah last summer? Is that the sole benchmark if said player is a good option?

People whining about Moura and than mentioning Mahrez tells you all you need to know. Mahrez has been whoring around Europe for 2 years now and he is still at Leicester. Mahrez is as inconsistent as Lucas, bar one season he's done feck all and would probably cost twice as much.

MadMike

First let's wait and see. Because it could be purely rumours and even if not, it could be a loan deal with an option to buy in the summer.

Underwhelming as it sounds now, if he comes here on loan and proves a very useful player that we have dibs on for €25m in the summer... people will be calling it a master stroke.

I do have my doubts of course but let's see how it plays out.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Just noticed he scored 19 goals last season which isn't bad, but I'd wait before making any judgement. The source is awfully dodgy.

VanGaalEra

The Caf told me Lingard was championship level, Matic would be a shit signing because he was too old and Memphis was great.

So if the Caf is saying Lucas is shit and we should stay away, I hope we buy him.

Crimson King

I don't think it's worth it. - I feel we will have to replace him in a year or two. He has not developed at all.

He has a lot of pace but no end product. I think Mahrez is the smarter option.
Wouldn't Mahrez want to cut inside a lot? I think one of the issues Mourinho wants to address is the fact all our current wide players do this. Maybe if we didn't have Martial/Rashford/Lingard on the left this would make sense, or if we signed Mahrez to play through the middle as a #10, but then is that where he is best utilised?

Also, let's not forget that Mahrez can be magic but there are also a lot of question marks over him still, he could be another very expensive mistake.

Moura would take some of the responsibility to provide width on the right off of Valencia. Sure, I can't see him developing into more than a squad option long term but that's what Lingard was until a few weeks ago. Not a great strategy I know, may as well have held onto Zaha (good player but also not good enough for Utd imo) but it takes time to build a team, sometimes you have to slowly upgrade piece by piece unless an exceptional player is available.

Who else can we realistically get in January? Hopefully if we did sign him he'd do a job until we can recruit someone better, or maybe someone from the youth team like Chong will break through?

Personally I don't think we will sign him, and don't want to because he supposedly turned us down for PSG in the first place. His agent is just using the club to generate attention to get him out of PSG.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Any chance we can convert him into a full back?

VanGaalEra

Just noticed he scored 19 goals last season which isn't bad, but I'd wait before making any judgement. The source is awfully dodgy.
19 Goals and 11 Assists, not too shabby at all.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The Caf told me Lingard was championship level, Matic would be a shit signing because he was too old and Memphis was great.

So if the Caf is saying Lucas is shit and we should stay away, I hope we buy him.
By Caf, you mean a few idiots.

It'll end up being one of those names we put on a list and go "we've spent so much money on shite".

I don't blame us going for him, I don't think he's good enough for the club at all but given it's January we'd have to pay a daft sum of money to get a player we actually want. I do however blame our Summer recruitment and the previous 5 years of recruitment for not buying a fecking Right Winger when it's been obvious as feck it's been a glaring hole in our squad.

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
Just out of interest, who's Moura's agent?

And what other clients do they have?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Figer
Juan Figer Svirski is an Uruguayan-Brazilian football agent. His organisation, MJF Publicidade e Promoções S/C Ltda, represent, amongst others, Brazilian footballers Robinho, Júlio Baptista, Alex, Zé Roberto, and Europeans Luís Figo and Marcos Senna. He is co-owner of the firm with Wagner Ribeiro. Figer has been ...

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
If it’s a loan with an option to buy that’s another story. I read that as if an agreement was already in place.

My main issue is that I don’t think he’s that much better than what we have to justify that sort of fee. I’d genuinely rather stick Rashford out there and normally hate seeing him on the right. He’s a different option to Mata for sure and offers a bit more natural width but I’d be pretty concerned if we’re seeing him as a long term fixture of our starting XI.

Loan for 6 months would be fine though – Although it will feel strange – We rarely make such short term deals.

prath92

I’m not unhappy with any of Mourinho’s Signings other than mkhi. So I trust him to buy good players only

Though Mourinho said just last week that he isn’t going to buy anyone so I would be surprised if we buy him

Crimson King

By Caf, you mean a few idiots.

It'll end up being one of those names we put on a list and go "we've spent so much money on shite".

I don't blame us going for him, I don't think he's good enough for the club at all but given it's January we'd have to pay a daft sum of money to get a player we actually want. I do however blame our Summer recruitment and the previous 5 years of recruitment for not buying a fecking Right Winger when it's been obvious as feck it's been a glaring hole in our squad.
I think Mkhitaryan was supposed to be part of the solution to this, as that's where he excelled for Dortmund.

Sadly it hasn't worked out.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Well no, it's about people to be a bit more realistic, it's January and there are not many options available. Feck it's hard enough even in the summer to find those players that would improve us much more. We don't have a single RM at the club, getting Lucas Moura for a relatively small sum might prove to be smart move.

Why weren't other top clubs interested in Salah last summer? Is that the sole benchmark if said player is a good option?

People whining about Moura and than mentioning Mahrez tells you all you need to know. Mahrez has been whoring around Europe for 2 years now and he is still at Leicester. Mahrez is as inconsistent as Lucas, bar one season he's done feck all and would probably cost twice as much.
It might prove a smart move, it might also be another underwhelming addition. That's my worry.

Such a shame to see Willian be a sub every other game (made 11 starts in the league, 11 sub appearances, 2 starts in the CL, 2 sub appearances). Can he really be happy there? Of course, it would be unlikely in the extreme to see Conte willing to sell another player to Jose, but maybe the Chelsea hierarchy might fancy a pile of cash for a 29 year old.

Oh, and yes, I'm also one of those who would prefer Mahrez to Moura. Sure, he's inconsistent (their whole team was last season) but nowhere near a Mkhi. He's got excellent crossing, set piece delivery, and great on the counter. IMV Mahrez isn't a big risky move.

AshRK

Have seen him play numerous times and have to say he is a confidence player. When he is on form he will make difference, when not he will be frustrating to watch. Someone years back mentioned he has a potential like robben, now I think that may be over exaggerating his potential but he is also not Brazilian Townsend or even Zaha. He is better than them. Maybe as a squad player he is not at all a bad option and that to he is 25 who will not cost that much. Again I will only have him as a squad player with hopefully we looking to get some top player this summer and not to make him a permanent solution unless ofcourse he kick starts his career here.

Devil may care

This sums it up, if we could get him on loan to add an extra body who offers a different kind of option in attack, it would be worth it, and for him it means a 6 month spell in the shop window rather than not playing at all.

dove

I think it's worth a shot for £20m. We can't make only marquee signings for £70m each, we also need players like Moura.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I think 80% of you lot are the same as me and have seen him play maybe 3 times. Most of ye thought Matic was brutal until he actually started playing for us. I have no idea if Moura would improve us.
Maybe that's true but we're seen Mahrez play a lot of times and if he's available we have to go for him

L1nk

It really does need to be a loan, Lucas Moura is absolutely not good enough to be a permanent RW for us, in the summer we'll have a much wider array of options, Pulisic and Lozano for one, both of whom are younger and better than Lucas Moura. I really hope this isn't a panic buy in January, though judging by our ropey transfers recently i wouldn't be shocked, if this is the extent of our ambitions, buying more average squad players that we need to replace with actual quality, then we won't be getting any closer to that title. Again ask the question, would any top team in this or any other league be buying Lucas Moura at this point, no, christ Nantes want him.

Tdlr; Loan ok, buy hell no

kode

I think at this price it good business, the guy is very very quick can dribble and not bad in front of goal. The main issue with him is may be his delivery with crosses. With him you can play very effective counter attack and those dreaming about flying winger will be happy. His limited playing time is due to the competition he has either side (Neymar and Mbappe not to mention the like of Di Maria, Pastore, Draxler who are also able to play there). He looks to have good mentality: is fluent in french (took the time to learn) doesnt moan for playing time etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.