Luis Nani | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

I hardly think David Moyes is a coach Nani would be prepared to change his mind about leaving for, personally. He's off.
Thats true.. He really wants to work under the Zenith coach! :houllier: Anyone but SAF will be a bonus for Nani right now.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Thats true.. He really wants to work under the Zenith coach! :houllier:
Nani supposedly requesting the ridiculous wages he did was an example of how he didn't want to play under Zenit.

Dominos

Thats true.. He really wants to work under the Zenith coach! :houllier: Anyone but SAF will be a bonus for Nani right now.
He wants to change clubs. I didn't say he hates Moyes, just that he's been set on leaving the club for a while and I doubt a handpicked Ferguson understudy is an appointment that will make him change his mind.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Nani's problem is he think's he's a lot better than he actually is.
Really? Or is it fans like yourself who expect him to put in Ronaldo (2006-2009) performances every week? Nani showed between 2010-2012 that he was a top player. Since then he's lost form, had injuries and been in and out of the side.

I still think he will go. Doesn't really seem like a Moyes player.

Shimo

From a United addict side - I hope new manager means he'll get a fair shot based on form / ability and chooses to stay as he'll show that he is well worth a regular starting role.

From a person that love footie - I hope for Nani's sake he goes elsewhere - some place he can play regularly and become one of the best around because he certainly has the it in his locker to do so.

I think he'll end up going - if it is indeed Moyes then he'll probably more inclined to go with "hard" worker Valencia and on the other end can see the desire to play English players in Young / Zaha. Will be unfortunate for us but, probably very good for Nani's career.

Mainoldo

Really? Or is it fans like yourself who expect him to put in Ronaldo (2006-2009) performances every week? Nani showed between 2010-2012 that he was a top player. Since then he's lost form, had injuries and been in and out of the side.

What is a Moyes type player? His current 11 consists of Mirallas and Pinaar. Players that he has brought.

Adebesi

I thought the reality here was Moyes will be a puppet and SAF will continue running the show from upstairs for an extended handover?

In which case, things look no better for Nani.

If on the other hand Moyes is actually the manager, and SAF is an ambassador, then yes, maybe this is a chance for Nani to hit reset and give it another go with us.

Again, people play for clubs on the whole, not managers. Nani isn't going to leave because of Moyes. If he wants to be a United player he'll be glad of another opportunity.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think he'd be daft to go. This will be like a fresh start for him at an enormous club. If he goes it will be a step down.

Traub

Just thinking back to the champions league match. In hindsight, it seems quite clear that SAF knew this would be his last European quest. And what does he do in the biggest of all games? Puts his trust in Nani. To me, that seems like SAF still rates Nani highly. Hopefully moyes will come in and turn his head.

Tibs

Hopefully Moyes will start Nani most games on the right...and we'll see just how good of a player he is again

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
He has a chance for a fresh start with Moyes now. He would be stupid to go.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
It's very fashionable to want players to leave - Nani, Rooney, Valencia etc.

You can't just sell key players when they have an off year. We are not City or Madrid or Chelsea.

Sir Alex is gone, continuity and stability will be key. We need additions yes, but we should not sell some of our best players because of a poor year.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
How long is on his current contract?

I think it may be the case that he signs or he goes otherwise we'll lose him for very little. Regardless of who the manager is.
The way things stand now, if he goes this summer I don't think we will get to much for him anyway. Long rumours about the player being unhappy and wanting out, combined with less game time than usual doesn't exactly put us in a great bargaining position. Might as well hold onto him, and get another season out of him as given the chance he is still the best winger we have at the club.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Why does the manager changing change anything with Nani? Is it not Nani who wants a silly wage to sign on? An amount the club aren't prepared to meet. He either takes the contract we've offered him or gets sold.

Devil may care

Moyes will no doubt ask Fergie's advice, if Fergie thinks as little of Nani as many reports suggest then I doubt anything will change.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He might ask for advice but ultimately its Moyes' team now and it will be his decision. He is not a little kid. He will know what to do.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'd like him to keep Nani and get rid of Valencia/Young/Rooney. If we can add another winger of top notch calibre and then spend the remainder of budget on midfield/striker.. then should be a exciting season.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don't think any of the former two add anything of value and the latter wants to leave, so again he's a player who isn't adding to the squad when his mind is elsewhere. There's quite a few passengers in this squad and we need to streamline it and spend more efficiently... I want to see more quality in this team and people who have the character and desire to make it and excel at United.

Cina

Well, Valencia/Young/Rooney generally means Valencia or Young or Rooney.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't think any of the former two add anything of value and the latter wants to leave, so again he's a player who isn't adding to the squad when his mind is elsewhere. There's quite a few passengers in this squad and we need to streamline it and spend more efficiently... I want to see more quality in this team and people who have the character and desire to make it and excel at United.
They may not add a lot of value but for the team's balance they're important. I think it's essential in a big team to have players, despite being relatively average, will spend time on the bench without creating fuss, who will try their best when possible.I'm not saying the team shouldn't look for better options mind you.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I wouldn't mind them being bench players but they've been first team regulars? we can only afford for one of the two to be a bench player, in my opinion Young is the more versatile as he can provide cover for both wings.

ricky-romeo

our wingers' performances combined for this season is probably the worst i've ever seen. young is quite effective at times and might be worth keeping but i honestly think valencia has lost it. if i am moyes then i will keep nani. zaha is coming as well but i still think we need a match winner from the wing for next season. if not ronaldo then my choice would be bale.

IrishLegend

People who say shit like this (i.e. you) are really pathetic. You're putting words in my mouth that I never said and implying that you and people like you are somehow superior or 'a better fan'.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It was never down to nani himself, think fergie lost pacience or trust in him. He has the ability, just needs that bit of confidence again. Reckon he could stay now. With moyes coming in, I dont see too many exits, he will take his time on that regard.

misterredmist

Nani could benefit from Young & Valencia's poor form this season, or suffer from the emergence of Zahar....

binary bot
I still have some hope that he'll stay...he didn't exactly look like a goner in the celebrations.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Is it me, or was he really limping a bit today? When they all jumped, he was jumping with one foot.

Anyway, he seemed happy.

NM

Is it me, or was he really limping a bit today? When they all jumped, he was jumping with one foot.

Anyway, he seemed happy.
Noticed that too. Definitely wasn't walking right when he went to get the medal.

Phil

Maybe Phil Jones has been at him too?

I watched our goals of the season from last year and it reminded me how influential this guy is, hope he stays.

RonaldoVII

He's got a hamstring injury, Fergie said it a week or so ago before the Chelsea game and said we'll see him back in pre-season training. The way he worded it wasn't 100% certain and so it wasn't really picked up.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Noticed that too. Definitely wasn't walking right when he went to get the medal.
I think it had something to do with the slope up to the stage, that it was wet and slippy. :lol:

Rafael 'limped' up too.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Suddenly, I think he might stay. Seemed to genuinely enjoy today.

Hope he puts pen to paper.

wr8_utd

:'(
Hope he stays now that Fergie isn't around. He could be a really vital player for us with our other wing options pretty hopeless right now.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I get the feeling that Nanis biggest admirer was Ferguson, as Bebe said too. He really expected him to become the next best player but unfortunately it wasnt meant to be and maybe thats what lead to the low amount of apps. I hope Nani stays and becomes a great player with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.