g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Lukaku might be open to Serie A move in the future | Read new OP

Marcelinho87

A far cry from last year when people were posting gifs/pictures of his "passion" and stuff.

The guy is a decent striker but ultimately is not good enough to be leading the line for us, not the way we play anyhow.

Judas

Open to offers
Christ you have players like Hazard openly admitting he doesn't know whether to sign a new contract because he wants to go to Madrid and there's barely a word in anger from the Chelsea supporters but Lukaku makes a comment barely fit for a footnote in an article and people are loosing their minds :houllier:
It's more excitement at the thought of upgrading our strike force, isn't it? It's nice to dream.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Christ you have players like Hazard openly admitting he doesn't know whether to sign a new contract because he wants to go to Madrid and there's barely a word in anger from the Chelsea supporters but Lukaku makes a comment barely fit for a footnote in an article and people are loosing their minds :houllier:
Because Hazard is tearing up trees at Chelsea whilst Lukaku can’t hit a barn door, yet is dreaming of moving on to bigger and better things. Juve wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. His level is AC Milan at tops.

Canagel

He's a good professional and all but I wouldn't be sad if he left. And I don't have a problem with him talking about Juve. He was probably asked about the upcoming CL game and he gave an opinion that's it. I don't think he'll ever be good enough for us so if sometime in the future he left I wouldn't mind. Juve wouldn't go near him that's all I know. They sold an even better striker in Higuain just this summer.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So, Pogba should follow Lukaku's example?:lol:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
By the looks of the replies in the first page, no one has actually read the quotes. I'll copy them here to save you the click and the unncessary meltdown:

“Juve have a great project in place and they just keep going. Every year they try to get stronger,” Lukaku told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Without doubt, Juve are one of the two-three best teams in Europe. They’ve got a great Coach on the bench and extraordinary players in every area of the team.

“Cristiano Ronaldo stands out, but watch out for the others too. Paulo Dybala is already impressive and getting stronger, while I love Douglas Costa. He’s an exceptional signing and his career shows he always makes the difference.

“It’s a tough group, but obviously Manchester United want to finish on top.”

Lukaku’s brother Jordan plays for Lazio as a wing-back, so Romelu was asked if he’d enjoy a Serie A experience.

“Why not? I hope it happens.”
A nothing comment. I guess it is international break though...

He did the same thing when he was Everton- he was giving interviews saying he wanted to play for a bigger club and play CL football.

Cloud7

I’m not seeing anyone losing their minds. I’m seeing nothing but joy and excitement at the prospect of him leaving :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m open to him moving to Serie A too. If in some alternate planet, we could swap him for Dybala, it would be the ultimate robbery.

Oldyella

Whats he supposed to say when asked by Italian media? Nothing in this.

AaronRedDevil

I swear I'd be getting ready to rip the dressing room a new one if I was Mourinho. All the things the players keep saying behind his back and in the media. Jesus, just shut the *** up!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He faked his way into a career at Man Utd, he’ll not be able to do the same once more. Before someone brings up all his goals for Belgium, even Nicklas Bendtner could score hat-tricks against Gibraltar with de Breuyne and Hazard behind him.
What about being the youngest overseas player to 100 goals in the PL? Or is that fake too?

Major

Supports
chelsea
There is a proverb in my native country which goes...“If a blind man threatens to throw a stone at you, he knows what his foot is on”.
I think Lukaku has The Reality Stone.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he's quite down the pecking order in terms of being a problem in this team, but his fundamental style of football/inherent weaknesses make me feel like should we receive the requisite fee, I wouldn't be opposed to a move at all.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I’m not seeing anyone losing their minds. I’m seeing nothing but joy and excitement at the prospect of him leaving :lol:
Posters thinking it's a meltdown. :lol: It's a meltup. We are happy of that prospect.
I have to wonder with fans like this, how are your insanely high expectations ever met? Do you only watch United's full games, but highlights of the other clubs, so you assume other strikers bang home every chance?
Lukaku is 1 goal behind the likes of Aguero and Kane, ahead of Salah, yet you don't see their fans celebrating a gutter press story about the chance of moving them on. Anyone we'd replace him with will clearly not live up to your expectations either, so why celebrate the idea?

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I have to wonder with fans like this, how are your insanely high expectations ever met? Do you only watch United's full games, but highlights of the other clubs, so you assume other strikers bang home every chance?
Lukaku is 1 goal behind the likes of Aguero and Kane, ahead of Salah, yet you don't see their fans celebrating a gutter press story about the chance of moving them on. Anyone we'd replace him with will clearly not live up to your expectations either, so why celebrate the idea?
Hes not good enough for a team that wants to challenge, his touch is awful and his hold up play isnt good enough, hes missed at least one sitter in each match this season, and cost you points. His big game prowess is almost non existent (watch him turn into prime drogba vs us now) And his goal rate is patchy.

The Firestarter

He's a donkey.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Hes not good enough for a team that wants to challenge, his touch is awful and his hold up play isnt good enough, hes missed at least one sitter in each match this season, and cost you points. His big game prowess is almost non existent (watch him turn into prime drogba vs us now) And his goal rate is patchy.
He's currently in bad form and still has 4 PL games this season. 2 more for Belgium.
He's a donkey.
Insightful.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
By the looks of the replies in the first page, no one has actually read the quotes. I'll copy them here to save you the click and the unncessary meltdown:

A nothing comment. I guess it is international break though...
A nothing comment? Did you read his last four words?

‘I hope it happens’

Cloud7

It’s not just about goals. It’s about what they bring to the team as a whole. Every one of the top 6 have strikers who bring more to the table than Lukaku, with the exception of Chelsea, and even then you could argue that Giroud does a better job of bringing others into play.

If Lukaku is so close behind them, yet the club is languishing below those clubs, have you wondered why? Lukaku as the focal point of our attack has our attack floundering overall.

Also I can’t say for Kane, but Aguero gets subbed out around the 60th minute in most games, whereas Lukaku plays every minute of every game for us.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
United offered 100 m + Lukaku for Dybala.
Juventus rejected the offer and want only the 100m.

I'll get my coat.

GeorgieBoy

Very unfair the amount of shit he's getting by the posters in this thread. I like him here and wouldn't want him to leave.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
A nothing comment? Did you read his last four words?

‘I hope it happens’
Did you read the actual question, rather than the one intentionally mistranslated to stir up a story?

Lukaku’s brother Jordan plays for Lazio as a wing-back, so Romelu was asked if he’d enjoy a Serie A experience.

“Why not? I hope it happens.”

He's 25. Ronaldo moved to Seria A at 33. I see nothing wrong with him wanting to sample other leagues at some point in his career.

ReallyUSA

I like how this website is totally different from other forums. Arrogant, crybabies here. Romelu is a good player in a terrible system. With great players he looks unbeatable, with Mctominay and Rashford he looks bad. I hope he doesn't leave.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It’s not just about goals. It’s about what they bring to the team as a whole. Every one of the top 6 have strikers who bring more to the table than Lukaku, with the exception of Chelsea, and even then you could argue that Giroud does a better job of bringing others into play.

If Lukaku is so close behind them, yet the club is languishing below those clubs, have you wondered why? Lukaku as the focal point of our attack has our attack floundering overall.

Also I can’t say for Kane, but Aguero gets subbed out around the 60th minute in most games, whereas Lukaku plays every minute of every game for us.
I agree with that applied to this season, where Lukaku is playing poorly, as is the team as a whole. It doesn't apply as fairly to last season though does it?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with the last sentence, but yea I agree, playing the amount he does can't help. He must be shattered.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
He's currently in bad form and still has 4 PL games this season. 2 more for Belgium.

Insightful.
Its not bad form per se this is what he does. Even those 2 for belgium he missed a few sitters then too. In the tight games you dont get loads of chances thats why he costs you ala the spurs game.