Lukaku's "touch"

CA1

What an embarrassment he really is.

The state of his physique is an insult to the fans who pay to watch Manchetser United.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Ronaldo isn't a striker, Juve's striker is Mandzukic and he's not better technically than Lukaku.

Last year Lukaku was more than good enough to start for United, this year he's put on some weight and has been playing like crap. His first touch is inconsistent but he's not really a donkey, he can play football and terrorize defenses with the ball at his feet too.
State of this.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Lukaku is good at what he does. Being the last guy to touch the ball before it ends up in thr back of the net. He's not a guy who needs to have the ball and link up.

Morata is far more talented, sure, but a properly utilized Lukaku will score 20 league goals.

He's not United quality, he doesnt have enough tools for that, but he's nowhere near the worst striker in the league or what have you.
You're right, his first touch is a shot.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
:lol:
He was the only attacker on the pitch besides Rashford.

Every time I see the ball ricochet off his foot I cast my mind back to the finesse of the likes of Van Persie and Berbatov and wonder how we’ve got here.

Bro, he is not even looking better than rashford, never mind the big boys.

Twitter is a gold mine though. We had the horse meme. Here is the elephant meme.

Watching it in real time made laugh out loud, but this thread is also comedy gold.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's like he's he opposite of a magnet. The ball just bounces off him.

Belgian Heskey.

I’m pretty sure the ref blew the whistle as a moment of mourning.

In all seriousness though, they should MRI his brain. I’m quite convinced he’s got some tumor growing in his cerebellum/basal ganglia.
There is no way someone can regress from a decent premier league player to someone that cannot complete fundamental football skills. This is clearly without any physical disabilities because United actually have one of the most advanced sport science teams set up and would not let him anywhere near the pitch with any slight physical doubt.

Time to seriously, medically examine his head.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why did this make me laugh so much hahaha.

hobbers

We all laughed righteously at Liverpool when they signed Andy Carroll. But with Lukaku we have somehow managed to pip them to the title of shittest big money striker signing of any big team ever.

Not going to go into it but I'm pretty sure I could think of 12-15 current Prem strikers who would be an upgrade on Lukaku.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We all laughed righteously at Liverpool when they signed Andy Carroll. But with Lukaku we have somehow managed to pip them to the title of shittest big money striker signing of any big team ever.

Not going to go into it but I'm pretty sure I could think of 12-15 current Prem strikers who would be an upgrade on Lukaku.
If Spurs counts as a big team (do they?) Vincent Jansen is up there..

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

Eh, Lukaku's been disappointing but I don't think he's been anywhere near as bad a signing as Carroll was for Liverpool. So far he's got a relatively respectable goals return (even if it doesn't make for his overall performances) and we were justified in signing him (arguably) in that he'd had a 20+ goal league season just before and had generally been a strong scorer in the league for a few years.

By contrast, Carroll had literally had about one decent half-season with Newcastle, and in his spell at Liverpool only managed six league goals, averaging about one every seven games. Feels hard to emphasise how genuinely bad a signing that was considering how much they paid for him, and considering how silly a panic buy it was when he'd done nothing to justify a reasonably large fee.

Seij

He's quickly turning into Akinfenwa without the heading ability.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
People laughed when Arnautovic was mentioned as a possible signing but he's a better footballer than Lukaku.

Sb_16

I'd feel sorry for him if he didn't talk shit often. Then again he makes me laugh so he's great.
You all don't be talking shit about our only ray of enjoyment in this shit season now, will you?

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Considering all the money wasted post SAF, would it really have been too much for you lot to spend 100m on Ronaldo? Sure he might have 2-3 years left but he’s a goal scoring machine and I’m sure commercially it would have made sense.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Considering all the money wasted post SAF, would it really have been too much for you lot to spend 100m on Ronaldo? Sure he might have 2-3 years left but he’s a goal scoring machine and I’m sure commercially it would have made sense.
I doubt he'd have wanted to come back at this point. More than anything else, he wants to do everything possible to go down as the greatest of all time. The best way of doing that is leading yet another club to a CL title. Something that looks a long way beyond us, even with him in the side.

Bojan11

If Spurs counts as a big team (do they?) Vincent Jansen is up there..
No he’s not. He barely plays and they spent peanuts on him.

Lukaku plays every game and cost £75m which we’d never get back for him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I doubt he'd have wanted to come back at this point. More than anything else, he wants to do everything possible to go down as the greatest of all time. The best way of doing that is leading yet another club to a CL title. Something that looks a long way beyond us, even with him in the side.
Good point and at worst he would wanna only win a league title which he has huge chances to do at Juventus than at United anyway

jmaggio

I’m pretty sure the ref blew the whistle as a moment of mourning.

In all seriousness though, they should MRI his brain. I’m quite convinced he’s got some tumor growing in his cerebellum/basal ganglia.
There is no way someone can regress from a decent premier league player to someone that cannot complete fundamental football skills. This is clearly without any physical disabilities because United actually have one of the most advanced sport science teams set up and would not let him anywhere near the pitch with any slight physical doubt.

Time to seriously, medically examine his head.
I’m afraid his first touch would break the MRI scanner.

tomaldinho1

Ronaldo isn't a striker, Juve's striker is Mandzukic and he's not better technically than Lukaku.

Last year Lukaku was more than good enough to start for United, this year he's put on some weight and has been playing like crap. His first touch is inconsistent but he's not really a donkey, he can play football and terrorize defenses with the ball at his feet too.
Typo or a serious look in the mirror is needed

Lukaku would struggle to get into most PL sides currently - overweight, no movement, not actually that good in the air (likely becuase he weighs about 100kgs), poor technically, poor with the ball at his feet....who would sign him?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
In all seriousness some of the comments in here seem to act like Lukaku isn’t a genuinely class footballer. He’s obviously in the doldrums now and his confidence looks shot, but you could find videos of a million amazing players doing stupid shit.

My worry is we have a player who has scored 85 goals in the Prem before he’s hit the prime of his career and he looks dreadful. Make no mistake though, it’s not all his fault and he isn’t our main issue.

Litch

In all seriousness some of the comments in here seem to act like Lukaku isn’t a genuinely class footballer. He’s obviously in the doldrums now and his confidence looks shot, but you could find videos of a million amazing players doing stupid shit.

My worry is we have a player who has scored 85 goals in the Prem before he’s hit the prime of his career and he looks dreadful. Make no mistake though, it’s not all his fault and he isn’t our main issue.
Thank you.

PoTMS

This is what I don't get. We're happy to spend £80m on Lukaku and £50m on Fred in order to improve our team but we don't wanna splurge £15m on sacking Mourinho - which would actually improve the team right away.

meamth

Lukaku could perform for Belgium because the pressure is less. Not everyday he face against France, Brazil, etc.

At United you have to perform 99% of the time. First touch must be perfect every time. Remember those days when you feck your first touch and Cantona, Keane, Rio and co. will give you death stares? Yeah. That was the standard.

Lukaku is the version of Phil Jones when playing forward. Calamity striker.

meamth

This is what we fielded 10 years ago:

That was too much to ask :(. Rooney in his prime wasn't the cleanest in terms of first touch, but it was alright because he got other things he could do.

Lukaku is just....gosh.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
He was getting a lot better

Then he got worse

AndyJ1985

This is what we fielded 10 years ago:

It's funny to think back at how much stick berbatov got. He was a class act compared to the donkey we have upfront now. Although standards were much higher back in those days.

Sort of. He's a bloody good striker when the team plays a very specific way, which we don't, and there is something seriously wrong with him to be carrying the weight he is.

Even with him in top form though, it's not enough. We can post all the videos we like of Berbatov but let's not forget, a player that good was still not good enough. Likewise Van Nistelrooy. For all his finishing ability, which was the best I've seen in the PL, we had to tailor our game to cover his lack of all round involvement and it coincided with the leanest period we saw since SAF became successful.

The strikers we have fielded in our most successful seasons have been extraordinary players, capable of doing anything and everything. Lukaku will never be that good.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

This. He has always had his flaws but I would assume (and hope) the "he can't play football" posts aren't entirely serious.

BigRon1985

Watching it in real time made laugh out loud, but this thread is also comedy gold.
Thanks for making my day! After the misery of yesterday's result I now can't stop laughing and am getting some strange looks at work! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: