Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alabaster Codify7

Well well well.

No, stop this fecking nonsense! Not you, haram, the situation in general. It's groundhog day - every time Shaw is criticised, we get these leaks about him knuckling down and trying hard to improve and earn his place.....then all goes quiet again and he shows up looking like a lardass.

Why can't people see that all this is, is a lazy player doing 'just enough' to keep earning a stay of execution then taking his foot off the gas as soon as the criticism subsides a little bit, then rinse and repeat. He knows this is his pinnacle of his career, it will all be downhill from here in terms of prestige so he wants to do enough to keep getting given a chance, but not enough to actually dedicate himself fully to his career.

It's situations like this that saw us keep a clearly 'done' Anderson at the club for so long - if we want to reach the top again, we HAVE to be ruthless with these players. Sell him in the summer and bring in a fully-fit, committed, top-class LB.

Alabaster Codify7

This happens literally every time after negative news stories come out in the papers about him.

Didn't see this post, sorry, this is exactly what I just said and it proves beyond doubt the character of Shaw as a player. Only willing to show the world he's grafting when it seems like he's being sacked off.

el3mel

I think the big problem is if he only decides to train harder after getting slaughtered by the manager in the press. We only hear these leak after each time Mourinho criticizes him. He should be training hard every day no matter what, so these leaks are concerning for me if he only puts extra work when he's about to be getting sold.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'll care about Shaw putting in extra sessions when it results in him looking like the player we were hoping for when we bought him 4 years ago.
Spot on.

kps88

It's obviously PR from his team. I'm sure there's players who do extra work in training but don't feel the need to publicize it. Sulking and bad mouthing Mourinho won't do his chances any good with potential buyers.

I don't blame his team though. They need to fight back against all the negativity as he's going to be looking for a new club in a couple of months.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
In his 4th season with us and he's managed 39 games :lol:. Get rid.

haram

Luke needs to work harder, take responsibility and apply himself.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Luke needs to work harder, take responsibility and apply himself.
Without a doubt. I've got no doubt it's down to immaturity and there's a good chance that at some point he will grow out of it and start applying himself all the time. I've got to say though, it wears a bit thin as a fan that every time his application or fitness is questioned, an article pops up saying how Luke has been putting extra shifts in recently in a bid to get himself fully fit and in good form. You're a professional footballer Luke, you shouldn't need to be putting in extra shifts to get into that position because that position you're putting in extra work to get to is the bare fecking minimum of whats expected of you.

haram

Without a doubt. I've got no doubt it's down to immaturity and there's a good chance that at some point he will grow out of it and start applying himself all the time. I've got to say though, it wears a bit thin as a fan that every time his application or fitness is questioned, an article pops up saying how Luke has been putting extra shifts in recently in a bid to get himself fully fit and in good form. You're a professional footballer Luke, you shouldn't need to be putting in extra shifts to get into that position because that position you're putting in extra work to get to is the bare fecking minimum of whats expected of you.
Dont want to be cynical, but it seems like he starts working once he feels like his nice contract at United is under threat. That would be sad.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No, stop this fecking nonsense! Not you, haram, the situation in general. It's groundhog day - every time Shaw is criticised, we get these leaks about him knuckling down and trying hard to improve and earn his place.....then all goes quiet again and he shows up looking like a lardass.

Why can't people see that all this is, is a lazy player doing 'just enough' to keep earning a stay of execution then taking his foot off the gas as soon as the criticism subsides a little bit, then rinse and repeat. He knows this is his pinnacle of his career, it will all be downhill from here in terms of prestige so he wants to do enough to keep getting given a chance, but not enough to actually dedicate himself fully to his career.

It's situations like this that saw us keep a clearly 'done' Anderson at the club for so long - if we want to reach the top again, we HAVE to be ruthless with these players. Sell him in the summer and bring in a fully-fit, committed, top-class LB.
This

Zoo

Liked his performance today, he showed good aggression. There is a real talent there that’s being wasted.

el3mel

He does everything a fullback should do while attacking, just of less quality than what we desire if you ask me.

Last edited:

Silas

Thought he was fine. Still needs to sort out his crossing, though.

Donnie Brasco

:lol:

Which is it then?
People should go and watch other teams around Europe and compare some of the fullbacks with Shaw.
He's young and english so of course our fanbase will defend him no matter what and he is ridiculously overrated.

Pogba and Lukaku has done 100 times more at this club than Shaw yet get more abuse then Shaw.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
People should go and watch other teams around Europe and compare some of the fullbacks with Shaw.
He's young and english so of course our fanbase will defend him no matter what and he is ridiculously overrated.

Pogba and Lukaku has done 100 times more at this club than Shaw yet get more abuse then Shaw.
That is because Shaw rarely plays.

Ashley R1+O

Very very promising performance. He's like a nugget and he's hard to shift off the bal. He was closing down the cross as well as getting up the line which was great! Still maybe a few seasons away from maturing but another very promising outing. Small steps for the lad, we've got time for him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Young is miles better. He can actually deliver a ball, although I do keep saying that I would like to see Young on the right and Shaw getting games over Valencia.

Rossa

Same as Darmian, albeit to a much lesser extent, but he is too slow off the line giving quick wingers a field day going on the outside. He can’t stand off his man like he does because he doesn’t have the acceleration for it. Evra defended that was too, but only Lennon ever managed to get away from him. Shaw needs to adapt his style of defending.

Bobski

Shaw's confidence is low. Used to be instinctive in going from defending to attack, now he is second guessing everything in his game, playing within himself. it is a pity but he needs a move, Mou does not rate him, there is no point in him wasting prime years on the bench/stands, could easily become a star elsewhere.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He does everything a fullback should do while attacking, just of less quality than what we desire if you ask me.
I'm not sure he does, he gets to good positions and is fairly fast but he has no variety or skill to his delivery. He'll always do a low cross to nowhere. Just like the right fullback, it's a bit toothless.

el3mel

I'm not sure he does, he gets to good positions and is fairly fast but he has no variety or skill to his delivery. He'll always do a low cross to nowhere. Just like the right fullback, it's a bit toothless.
That's why I said he does it with less quality than what we desires. He moves, he overlaps, he takes a position, but doesn't accompany this with an end product and with a less quality than we should have. He's showing the bare minimum of what a LB should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.