Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JK-27

If Shaw was really overweight then Jose would be very public in saying so. He's called Shaw out in the past so there's no reason why he wouldn't do so now.

JohnnyKills

If Shaw was really overweight then Jose would be very public in saying so. He's called Shaw out in the past so there's no reason why he wouldn't do so now.
Yeah don't think it's a weight issue.

If Jose is really concerned about Shaw's weight, his man-management is confusing given he was praising him to the heavens just a few weeks ago.

Minimalist

If people don't think he looks chunky in those stills I'm out of here.

There's legends games with former players in their 50s in better physical nick than that.

Unless he's wearing some under-armour or something which might possibly explain it.

roseguy64

He wouldn't get on the field if he was fat. It's really that simple. Would have opted for Darmian instead.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The most overweight footballer I can remember.
You've not seen Wayne Shaw.
Yeah, Shaw wouldn't even be making the bench if Jose wasn't happy. Only game he's missed in recent times is Sevilla.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I can't believe the delusion on here today. Use your eyes people, he's about 10lbs overweight. I don't know why he was selected but I guess Jose saw how bad Ashley was playing and thought that Shaw could not be any worse. TBH his performance was Ok, at least he was better than Ashley.

I can't see him being selected on Saturday.

luke511

I can't believe the delusion on here today. Use your eyes people, he's about 10lbs overweight. I don't know why he was selected but I guess Jose saw how bad Ashley was playing and thought that Shaw could not be any worse. TBH his performance was Ok, at least he was better than Ashley.

I can't see him being selected on Saturday.
We're truly fecked if we put Young up against Salah, we need Shaw playing there because of his defensive stability.

Andersons Dietician

Fat shaming again. The boy is just big built. Just the type of body and frame an Endomorph. Which should mean he’ll carry more muscle but with that will come a higher percentage of body fat. Also having body fat within limits doesn’t mean you’re unfit. The more game time ie Cardio he does then naturally he’ll look slimmer.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Fat shaming again. The boy is just big built. Just the type of body and frame an Endomorph. Which should mean he’ll carry more muscle but with that will come a higher percentage of body fat. Also having body fat within limits doesn’t mean you’re unfit. The more game time ie Cardio he does then naturally he’ll look slimmer.
Wouldn't training all week provide enough cardio for him to burn what he takes in? I doubt he's relying just on first team football as his only means of exercise.

If you're exercising everyday - and I assume Luke Shaw is, as football training is his 9 to 5 - it's quite difficult to gain weight unless you're seriously overeating.

I do agree that he is naturally broadly built, but there were moments in the game where his upper body was actually jiggling when he ran, around his gut and chest area, you could see it the couple of times the camera closed in on him. Whilst carrying a bit of extra body fat doesn't equate to outright unfitness, to me he looked noticeably slower, as the lad is lightning when he is at peak fitness.

Andersons Dietician

Wouldn't training all week provide enough cardio for him to burn what he takes in? I doubt he's relying just on first team football as his only means of exercise.

If you're exercising everyday - and I assume Luke Shaw is, as football training is his 9 to 5 - it's quite difficult to gain weight unless you're seriously overeating.

I do agree that he is naturally broadly built, but there were moments in the game where his upper body was actually jiggling when he ran, around his gut and chest area, you could see it the couple of times the camera closed in on him. Whilst carrying a bit of extra body fat doesn't equate to outright unfitness, to me he looked noticeably slower, as the lad is lightning when he is at peak fitness.
I’m not sure how much cardio they would actually do now adays. I would think it is mostly circuits and plyometric stuff. Most of the cardio building is probably done pre season then it’s just maintained. (Not sure on any of that at all tho)

If he is an Endomorph you tend to find putting on muscle quite easiy so depending on what they are doing in training he probably would stack on more muscle than most. No point in shying from it he for sure I would say has a higher percentage of body fat compared to the likes of say Lingard,Rashford or in general you’re average footballer but there are probably a few similar to Luke. Off the top of my head Rooney,Charlie Adam, Luis Ronaldo(although that one could be from drink and partying)

I’m going off of my own experience as my body type is the same as Luke’s I would do a lot of circuits and general plyo stuff and my body whilst I certainly became fitter and stronger Iwouod still hold a healthy lair of body fat and wasn’t until I started doing 4 sessions or more of HIIT a week along with what I was already doing that I started to burn fat. However training that much takes a toll on your body hence why I would say games are best for him.

To add my eating habits were quite good as well where I know some that look like your stereo type fit guy who eat like trash. Saying that when I did drop a lot and become leaner I had dropped all carbs and was only having protein and fats and would only have carbs if I had a big game or training session the next day.

In general it’s just body types and unfortunate for Luke this is something we and he are always going to hear about, bets way for him to shift the focus is just start delivering on the pitch and then hopefully we can talk about his performances than the size of his arse.

Brophs

The One and Only
The cnut got frosted tips. No wonder he can't get a game. Sake.

luke511

The team was playing a lot better when he was the field, I'll leave it at that. Martial was buzzing, Shaw's mini sprints inside and down the wing sucks the opposition out of position and opens up space in attack for players like Martial. With Young and Valencia it's every predictable and static and you don't get the same effect. The only problem is Young hits a great cross one out of every ten and that's enough for Jose.

AshRK

Is he even that good for us fans to every time moan when he doesn't play. I am not a fan of young but shaw is doing himself no favours. Won't be gutted if he is sold and we buy a top lb.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I didn't see any reason for him to be yanked at half time. The one time an uncontested cross came into the box it was Martial's fault for not tracking the fullback.

izec

Jose is toying with him. He is gone anyway, hasnt started for us in ages before today and then gets subbed at HT.

Is he even that good for us fans to every time moan when he doesn't play. I am not a fan of young but shaw is doing himself no favours. Won't be gutted if he is sold and we buy a top lb.
No, we got a great couple of months out of him before the injury, after an underwhelming first season. Sadly after all this time I don't think he's gonna recover and get back to that top level.

Despite that, we have more balance with him in the side. A proper left back will do wonders for this team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Like going back to the days of Van Gaal where he would constantly sub full backs!

I must admit though, it did take until 20mins of the second half with Young on the ball for me to remember, hang on Shaw started this game!

What is going on, barely gets a look in, yet Jose says he doesn't see any better left backs out there!
Then Young keeps him out effortlessly!

Kostur

海尔的老板
The team was playing a lot better when he was the field, I'll leave it at that. Martial was buzzing, Shaw's mini sprints inside and down the wing sucks the opposition out of position and opens up space in attack for players like Martial. With Young and Valencia it's every predictable and static and you don't get the same effect. The only problem is Young hits a great cross one out of every ten and that's enough for Jose.
There literally isn't one thing current Shaw has over Young. Not one.

el3mel

Simply not good enough. I don't think I can trust him in big matches tbh.

Need both LB and RB this summer. It's urgent.

Kapardin

The overrating of Shaw is ridiculous. He can make a pretty darting run, but he offers nothing in attack in terms of incisive passes, crosses or assists. His defending is worse than Young's, and Young himself is not adequate for us.

He hasn't shown anything that suggests he should start over Young though. That being said, I appreciate he has tried of late.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoo

Just sell him it’s not going to work with Mourinho as manager. I just want this LB chronic problem to go away.

El Zoido

He’s nothing special going forward and rank bad in defence. I cannot understand the hate Jose is getting for the handling of him, we complain about lack of quality in the squad then demand Shaw plays. I know we WANT him to be good, but I just feel he’s not at this level.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
10(i hope) games left. All very important. I don't see that he will get more chances this season. So if he wasn't injured, this was the game that maybe ended his career here. Jose will want new left back for next season. First choice left back in who he can trust. If young stays, no point for shaw to stay here.

Giggs86

Inappropriate Content
May sound harsh but he's a fat lump of shit. Offers nothing. Can't see him having a future here.

Status
Not open for further replies.