g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's not fat, he's just big boned. Also I've been told light gray colours make you look extra fat. Plus the cameras put on you extra 20-30 kg. Plus it was Palace away.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is that from the time he was good?

Literally no difference. People just can't get used to the fact he's got a large body shape, so weird.

If he was really "fat" no way would Jose have him on the bench or even let him play.

Terminator

Why do people keep saying he's fatter every other week ffs? He's big boned and different shirt colours make him look fatter/thinner despite being more or less the same.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Looks I didn't get the memo, I was supposed to gain bodyfat from 18 to my mid twenties, but I actually did the opposite. Maybe I am a freak of nature?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If the rumours about him taking anti-depressants are true then it explains the weight gain.
Not heard that before but if so that's no laughing matter. Those can make you look a bit bloated, right?

Bwuk

Luke Shaws body fat percentage is far too high for this level and anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves.

The best players around tend to fall between 8-10% body fat, this article claims 6-10 but I'd of thought 6 was a tad low.

http://www.coachmag.co.uk/sport/5438/how-fit-is-an-elite-footballer

Whilst eyeballing isn't a exact science, this is a rough indicator of body fat percentages. Granted the men in these images probably have a lot more muscle mass than your average player.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-e41484b72aa7bf01db8e1d5ceefd77b3-c

Shaw is somewhere beweetn 15-20 and that's just not acceptable.

Bwuk

Not heard that before but if so that's no laughing matter. Those can make you look a bit bloated, right?
No. Weight gain is calories in vs calories out. Shaw is eating too much if he's putting weight on.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Looks I didn't get the memo, I was supposed to gain bodyfat from 18 to my mid twenties, but I actually did the opposite. Maybe I am a freak of nature?
So you went from fat to skinny and your mates got fat? :D I've always been the same, never had to lose weight. Lucky I guess.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
No. Weight gain is calories in vs calories out. Shaw is eating too much if he's putting weight on.
I'm obviously aware how people lose and gain weight but was thinking those meds could make you swollen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Tbf, every individual reacts different to them, but it's true that many people experience weight problems as a side-effect. It can be solved, though, by changing the medication, as well as through diet and regular activities.

As he is a professional athlete who trains every day that risk is even lower. So, it shouldn't be that, even if rumours are true.

roseguy64

He didn’t look any different than usual?

Why do people bring this up every time he plays? Yes he’s got a big ass and wide hips but it doesn’t mean he’s fat FFS :lol:
Same. He looks the same size he's been all season. People have just forgotten since he's been in the bench. And come in here repeating their statements from earlier in the season.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He 100% looked like he'd put on some weight. I swear it was the first thing I noticed when he came on and I haven't once, previously, thought he was fat.

Oldyella

He certainly looked bigger when the camera first focused on him.

He didn't do a great deal when he came on, but I think that was instructions. He basically played it simple but kept his position wide left to stretch play and tucked in to help defensively when we didn't have the ball as Lingard was playing as right back. I would give him another run, he can't be any worse than Young has been recently.

sugar_kane

Even Rashford looked like he had a belly on him last nights. It's the ill-fitting shirts.

Neuron

Luke Shaws body fat percentage is far too high for this level and anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves.

The best players around tend to fall between 8-10% body fat, this article claims 6-10 but I'd of thought 6 was a tad low.

Whilst eyeballing isn't a exact science, this is a rough indicator of body fat percentages. Granted the men in these images probably have a lot more muscle mass than your average player.

Interesting

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Luke is thicc. :drool:

Needs to start over Young though, enough of the rotation except for injuries & fatigue.

Very interesting, i think part of what you're saying is true. Reading what you've wrote has just reminded me of Trippier's interview. He was never over weight but was carrying more body fat than what Poch wanted. I think maybe our training intensity could be better, spurs players for example always look fit.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4865867/tottenham-kieran-trippier-mauricio-pochettino/

sunama

Baghdad Bob
For those arguing that he is not fat....I suggest you get glasses, because there is a big difference between a fit Shaw and a fat Shaw.
At 43, I am leaner than him and nobody pays me to go to the gym.
In saying all this, he did put in effort yesterday, which can make up for being overweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.