Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

marktan

Looks like we're back to calling him rubbish because of his supposed weight, lack of effort etc. Let's ignore the fact that he was solid when he was given a run this season and then was dropped for little reason for Young. He'll never push on for us if he isn't given a run in the first team, and technically he's far better than Young. He just needs game time, but we just don't seem to want to give it to him.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Looks like we're back to calling him rubbish because of his supposed weight, lack of effort etc. Let's ignore the fact that he was solid when he was given a run this season and then was dropped for little reason for Young. He'll never push on for us if he isn't given a run in the first team, and technically he's far better than Young. He just needs game time, but we just don't seem to want to give it to him.
You've gotten the priorities wrong here.

Ainu

How can he be this out of shape? Seriously? A lot of us probably look fitter than him despite having desk jobs. Imagine training day in, day out at some of the finest facilities in the country and getting paid loads of money to stay fit. I really don't understand it.

marktan

You've gotten the priorities wrong here.
Like what? Playing a young, technically gifted full back on his favoured side to offer us some actual width, who could go back to what he once was for us 2 seasons ago and at Southampton, instead of a 32 year old converted winger who won't be with us in 1-2 seasons time? Shaw could be great for us, Young is reaching the end of his spell with us. It's not all about just this season.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Don't be stupid.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If Jose had given him a run of games starting back in January when he praised him he wouldn't have gained weight.
So.. he's gained weight because he didn't play? It's Jose's fault?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why did Jose stop playing him when he was fit?

I dont get it

Kostur

海尔的老板
Like what? Playing a young, technically gifted full back on his favoured side to offer us some actual width, who could go back to what he once was for us 2 seasons ago and at Southampton, instead of a 32 year old converted winger who won't be with us in 1-2 seasons time? Shaw could be great for us, Young is reaching the end of his spell with us. It's not all about just this season.
Like he should be pushing for a spot and then get a run in the team, not the fecking way around. What are we now, a charity? He's been here fourth season now, achieved feck all, managed to look good for about a dozen games over the course of 4 seasons, the leg breaker excuse is being thrown around but the facts are that he's been called an unfit shit prior to the leg break and after it.

He's a clown, just like Anderson was.

Cliche Guevara

I think he means Shaw should be getting himself fit so he can justify his selection.

I don’t know if he genuinely has weight issues, or is just chunky, or was wearing a strip four sizes too big.

He looked fat as feck though.

crossy1686

career ending
If Jose had given him a run of games starting back in January when he praised him he wouldn't have gained weight.
This is fecking nonsense. Shaw is more than capable of going for a run or the gym. He doesn't need game time to be professional and keep in shape. Many of us manage it without Mourinho picking us also.

I think this says more about the state of Shaw's headspace than anything else. If he's neglecting to stay in shape and being in shape is his primary source of income then he's got bigger issues.

RMD83

You can’t be serious! If the answer to not getting picked is to let yourself balloon in weight then no wonder Jose has no faith in him. I want shaw to be a success here but like the saying goes “you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink”.

el3mel

Professional footballer should keep himself fit even if he doesn't play a single minute in the season, especially if he's that young.

Shaw isn't doing himself any good tbh. He has all the tools to secure the LB position and Young isn't doing great.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Does anyone have a pic of Shaw? I'm inclined to think the Caf is armchair'ing on this issue, but seems there is something to this uproar.
I'm just going with the flow on this one as he didn't really stick out for me. I was really tense in the end though.

Oldyella

Does anyone have a pic of Shaw? I'm inclined to think the Caf is armchair'ing on this issue, but seems there is something to this uproar.
He wasn't as bad as some are making out, but he really looked like he was carrying a few extra pounds. Noticeably so. Weird one, as he looked in good shape not long ago.

marktan

Like he should be pushing for a spot and then get a run in the team, not the fecking way around. What are we now, a charity? He's been here fourth season now, achieved feck all, managed to look good for about a dozen games over the course of 4 seasons, the leg breaker excuse is being thrown around but the facts are that he's been called an unfit shit prior to the leg break and after it.

He's a clown, just like Anderson was.
Err... did you miss my whole point being the fact he was given a run in the team whilst Young with his red card, was very good for us, and then instantly benched? You're an agenda poster, every semi positive post about Shaw you've replied with snide remarks. If you can't see that he's actually a technically talented fullback then there's nothing to discuss here.

ISS 98

Unfortunately a very timid performance once he came on today, never really looked to drive forward and instead dragged the ball back towards our half and left it to someone else to do the hard work. I'm a big fan of the boy and wish his horrible injury never happened, but his time is probably up now.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I was all for giving him a chance after he came back, but he’s done now. New left back please.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I have simillar height and build so I'd say he's around 88kg from what I've seen today. It's pathetic really, 3 jogs a week is enough to keep you athletic if you're not eating junk food everyday.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He didn’t look any different than usual?

Why do people bring this up every time he plays? Yes he’s got a big ass and wide hips but it doesn’t mean he’s fat FFS :lol:

CM

Young is and has been dross at left back for a while now, and people are still more concerned with Shaw's appearance than how he actually plays. You're a weird bunch.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Young is and has been dross at left back for a while now, and people are still more concerned with Shaw's appearance than how he actually plays. You're a weird bunch.
If it wasn't just a trick of the light, I think it's more concern about attitude, which is a justifiable concern considering it's been questioned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.