Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

What’s he going to look like after he stops playing?

Bwuk

He should be fined for the shape he’s in. Absolutely ridiculous.

champp1nho

Clearly put some weight on and didn't show anything special but still EASILY better choice than Young. Young was absolutely rubbish once again.

Donut

This should really be the final straw. He's bordering on obese. We need a new LB.

R'hllor

He looked ok before he got dropped and now he looks like this, there were moments i was scared that he wont trip of his own boob.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
he lost the ball 2 or three times in easy positions, lost a header and let one CP player cross the ball to their only threat Benteke. Even after this game where Young was poor, seriously anyone thinks Shaw is better than him? I get your frustration but even without talent and I personally question Shaw having much positive assets to his attacking game i.e. he cannot shoot, he's average crosser, he cannot dribble. He just makes runs which every player should do at his poition... so even without the talent , the hunger and desire is not there, I'd just ship him on or send him on loan. Rather ship him on because seriously he should be beating Young anyday to the starting lineup and if given chance at least fecking fight for his spot. He's spineless and far from United mentality. It's like if he's thinking of something else. He never seems switched on.

So after today's cameo I am convinced, he will not make it here. Just don't see it and seriously his mentality makes me crazy because Mourinho simply doesn't write you off totally, some players come back from being out of favour. Shaw doesn't have the mentality for top club football. And no I don't think he's that fat, his body shape is different than others but it's the spirit he's lacking and seriously top talent contributing offensively, making runs is just not enough and even that, you'd have to be flawless defensively which he isn't.

saivet

Looked out of shape, but thought he did okay while on the pitch (a bit like his sub performances before he got a run of games). I think his style alone make him a better option than Young though.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He really looks like someone who has problem with weight, I am not sure you can be that fat while playing for Manchester United if you don't have some medical issues. It's a shame because I thought we have excellent fullback potentially, but I can't see any future for him here with that attitude. I have no idea how Mourinho gave him any minutes at all.

I actually liked him, he has really disappointed me.

luke511

Despise the fact Young's starting for us at LB at the moment, ahead of a real prospect in Shaw. I know he looks out of shape at the moment but play him on a consistent basis and that won't happen. Compare the two player's clean sheet to games ratio and I bet Shaw beats him by a mile. We look so vulnerable at the back when we have Young and Valencia playing on either side.

RedNed77

Looked out of shape, but thought he did okay while on the pitch (a bit like his sub performances before he got a run of games). I think his style alone make him a better option than Young though.
Same for me, I felt he tried to make something happen when he got the ball, and looked solid when occasionally needed. Not sure he looked any fatter than usual to me, he’s quite thickly built like Rooney.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
How has he been allowed to gain weight? Surely these things are monitored closely all the time? Very weird.

Hamadovich86

I dont understand how an elite level athlete can gain so much weight! His weight has fluctuated far too often imo. Bad signs for him.

Minimalist

He's some fcuking size.

There must have been a few fellas in the crowd thinking, "maybe it's not too late to get a contract after all?!"

RMD83

First thing I thought first time he got on the ball that he looks like he’s put on weight in the last few weeks. It’s not encouraging to be honest. Definitely in the Rooney, gazza mold in that there’s a fat man inside him trying to break out. Sadly the signs point towards him being a naturally fat guy that isn’t trying hard enough to stay match fit during his career. Maybe there’s good reason he isn’t getting the nod.

Djemba-Djemba

You can see why Ashley Young is getting the starting spot despite playing poorly in the last few weeks.

Shaw looked very unfit, completely unprofessional from him. Again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was wondering why he hasn't played in a while. Looks pretty obvious that he's put a bit of weight back on. Shameful for a professional at his level to be lacking the professionalism to get himself in proper match fitness, especially with the problems he's had.

He did OK on the pitch, and if he was in shape then I'd say he has to start ahead of Young as it's a no brainer... but the only reason for him not starting has to be because of his fitness. Left back is badly needed.

King Eric 7

The size of him FFS. Thought he looked a lot leaner than this not long ago. He's struggled with his weight for years now, so think it's time to buy a new LB.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's pathetic. Honestly, just pathetic.

Also a bit like Tupac, massively overrated because he got shot got his leg broken.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I somehow missed what Shaw's appearance was during the game tonight but if what you're all saying is correct then it's a blessing that we won't be conned into thinking we don't need to address the LB spot in the summer

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Looks like all those clamoring for Shaw to start have realized why he doesn't. He is a yo-yo dieter playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Devil may care

The only purpose he servred tonight was modelling the large version of the kit for the bigger male or female.

Bobski

That was Anderson sized. Kit maybe exaggerated it a little but if you are fit and serious about nailing down a place you can't be that unprofessional to end up in that condition.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
he lost the ball 2 or three times in easy positions, lost a header and let one CP player cross the ball to their only threat Benteke. Even after this game where Young was poor, seriously anyone thinks Shaw is better than him? I get your frustration but even without talent and I personally question Shaw having much positive assets to his attacking game i.e. he cannot shoot, he's average crosser, he cannot dribble. He just makes runs which every player should do at his poition... so even without the talent , the hunger and desire is not there, I'd just ship him on or send him on loan. Rather ship him on because seriously he should be beating Young anyday to the starting lineup and if given chance at least fecking fight for his spot. He's spineless and far from United mentality. It's like if he's thinking of something else. He never seems switched on.

So after today's cameo I am convinced, he will not make it here. Just don't see it and seriously his mentality makes me crazy because Mourinho simply doesn't write you off totally, some players come back from being out of favour. Shaw doesn't have the mentality for top club football. And no I don't think he's that fat, his body shape is different than others but it's the spirit he's lacking and seriously top talent contributing offensively, making runs is just not enough and even that, you'd have to be flawless defensively which he isn't.
Agree with most of this, but I don't think anyone can question his hunger.

Canagel

If Jose had given him a run of games starting back in January when he praised him he wouldn't have gained weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.