Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He was unlucky for the second goal but still probably our best player (that’s not saying much, mind)

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Close to our best player tonight. I'm not surprised if he lacks confidence going forward because prior to Ole no one ever, ever, passed to him. Sanchez always made some sort of weird point in never passing to him once, when he should have been trying his utmost to build up a relationship with the back on his side. Quite happy with Shaw's rate of progress, very promising.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
After the goal tonight and the chance he served on a plate to Lukaku last week I hope he starts just drilling those crosses in, he's clearly actually quite good at it when he does it

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Close to our best player tonight. I'm not surprised if he lacks confidence going forward because prior to Ole no one ever, ever, passed to him. Sanchez always made some sort of weird point in never passing to him once, when he should have been trying his utmost to build up a relationship with the back on his side. Quite happy with Shaw's rate of progress, very promising.
Yes his rate of progress is starting to pick up now after a few disappointing years. It is promising. Hopefully he'll continue to add even more to his game, and he'll be a very very good player.

sherrinford

Our best player for the third game in a row. He slipped for the second goal - it didn’t spoil his performance for me as much as it clearly did for others here.

Andersons Dietician

Arguably our best player with Smalling. Unfortunate slip for their goal but wouldn’t hold that against him.

Tidy little run for the assist. Needs to do more of that than his standard get the bell, stand still line up cross hit man in chest. Just drive in to the space.

Web of Bissaka

One costly slip aside, he did well, our best player today.

Well attacking run at the dying mins, and good assist.
-> Funny this happen only after Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Matic and Pereira (all five love to drift to the left wide in a heavy traffic) get out of his and Martial way.

So maybe if they could just not mess the build up attack, congested spaces and losing easy possession, all on the left side, then maaybe Shaw and Martial could show their good combination of attacks way better.

Red_toad

Mid talble pl player at best.

He just looks too bulky to be a top class left back plus I can see him having weight issues like Rooney after the age of 25 plus.
25 plus? Think you're changing history for Rooney there he was excellent when he was 26.

Canagel

he cost us for the second goal. he's been decent lately but no way MOTM.

Stepney73

25 plus? Think you're changing history for Rooney there he was excellent when he was 26.
But not for very long

Rooney declined fast in the second half of his twenties and most wanted him out the door around 2013 onwards.

varga92

Luke Shaw has withdrawn from the England squad due to injury.

Great..

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope the injury is not bad enough to make him unavailable for the post international break fixtures.
Any updates on the nature of the injury?
It's a "we've got big games coming up and we need the rest" type of injury. Same with Martial.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Quality again today. He looked like he'd regressed for a while but lately he's been solid and composed at the back and now he's adding some good attacking play to his game, which exactly what was needed.

Red Stone

Good thing Mourinho left his brain here before he fecked off. Shaw has been almost flawless these last few months.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's getting better and better. My MotM. He or Rashford is United future captain.

Minimalist

He was alright other than the assist for Rashford. Good defensively more than anything.

The issue is that Ashley Young is his comparison on the other side - so he looks practically elite level compared to that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Top performance again. Both the goals were from him, the pass for the first was beautiful.

When he intercepts and charges forward it really makes such a difference.

Zoo

Only good player today. Credit for him. Magnificent pass for the goal.
Jones was very good too and Smalling held his own physically. Defence won us the game. Shaw definitely motm.

Devil may care

MOTM, only one in the back 6 with any consistent composure on the ball and even he had to hoof it a couple of times, fantastic assist for Rashford's goal and should have had second when he delayed to long on the cross in the first half.

ErranMorad

He is an excellent defender and his passing is very good, can he play as a central defender in the future? His attacking output leaves a lot to be desired from what you expect out of a LB at a top club.

Still, easy MOTM today. Don't think any other player was close.

SoCross

He is an excellent defender and his passing is very good, can he play as a central defender in the future? His attacking output leaves a lot to be desired from what you expect out of a LB at a top club.

Still, easy MOTM today. Don't think any other player was close.
I guess it wasn’t Shaw with that brilliant assist then.

He was excellent again today, one bright spot in a defence that was shocking early on.

Cloudface

Whenever the ball breaks near him or there is a 50/50 tackle with the opposition I know he will be the one coming out of it with the ball. He's looking imperious lately.

On productivity, he has seven assists this season already. With his performances at the minute I expect him to get into double figures. Very good numbers for a 'defensive' fullback.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I already mentioned he is a very good passer. However, his output in the attacking third isn't good at all. Needs a lot of improvement there. Whoever plays on our left drifts in, which leaves a lot of room for a fullback to cause havoc.
Martial stands static on the byline and Pogba is always over there too. There isn't lots of room and Martial is dreadful at linking with the fullback.

He started off just about every attack we had today by winning possession and making 50+yard runs.

Raven

I literally can't believe people have been calling for his head since Mou left. He's a phenomenal LB, his touch and passing are of an incredibly high standard, let alone for a left back.

lewwoo

Yet again motm and by quite some distance today. Works his arse off and is becoming the player we all hoped he would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.