Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's hard not to like him these days. He plays like he is full of confidence defensively, no one can get past him and is very good with bringing the ball up the pitch, hopefully he can improve in last thurd of the pitch too.

mjstokes85

I read a lot on here that Luke Shaw is poor going forward but he makes some phenomenal overlapping runs that just seem to get ignored by players obsessed coming inside and going through the middle. There were at least 3 brilliant opportunities Vs Arsenal to play Shaw in on the overlap but Pogba, Rashford and especially Alexis (not yesterday but in general) always prefer to go inside. Not sure if they aren't seeing him or he's not being vocal enough but there is nothing wrong with the runs he is making.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He's been mega in recent weeks, if he can consistently deliver crosses like the one for Lukaku he'll hold down the left for a good while.

Mcking

He's been mega in recent weeks, if he can consistently deliver crosses like the one for Lukaku he'll hold down the left for a good while.
That was an excellent cross, he should be attempting more of those.
I don't know why he is consistently ignored by Martial and Rashford whenever he attempts an overlap though. He made a good one against Southampton, Sanchez picked him out with ease and he created a big chance for Lukaku. It was the same with Dalot and Lukaku yesterday. Martial and especially, Rashford seem to be the only ones that always ignore overlaps and go alone inside. It neither helps them nor Shaw.

Swiss_Red89

He's playing brilliant at the moment. I hope he can stay injury free and develop his offensiv play, he has it in him. I think the left back spot for england should be his as long as he is playing at this level. He also was the first choice england left back before his major inury if i remember correctly, so its about time he gets his place back.

Last edited:

AP88

Supports
Man City
As a pure defender, he’s elite - Van Dijk levels of defensive awareness and ability IMO. He’s also a top level technical footballer - the only thing in which he’s average is his crossing; physically he’s phenomenal as well.

With the emergence of Chilwell for England, I’m hoping it crosses Southgate’s mind to start Luke central; he would be absolutely flawless in that position - it maximises his strengths and nullifies his attacking weaknesses.

Hyperbole alert - but i genuinely could see him as Baresi reincarnated in that role.

Swiss_Red89

As a pure defender, he’s elite - Van Dijk levels of defensive awareness and ability IMO. He’s also a top level technical footballer - the only thing in which he’s average is his crossing; physically he’s phenomenal as well.

With the emergence of Chilwell for England, I’m hoping it crosses Southgate’s mind to start Luke central; he would be absolutely flawless in that position - it maximises his strengths and nullifies his attacking weaknesses.

Hyperbole alert - but i genuinely could see him as Baresi reincarnated in that role.
You mean in a back three as the LCB? Similar to the role Walker played at the worldcup as a RCB?! Interesting idea, didnt think about it yet, would be interesting to see this. But thought Southgate skipped the back three/five after the WC and returned to a back 4. As a pure CB in a back 4 i think he lacks height unfortunately...

luke511

Looking back on the first page we were one of few who didn't want him gone in the summer. Shaw's made us proud haha.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Cracking Phil Jones impression for Wolves’ second goal.

Thought he was ok all things considered. Good season from him so far and hope he picks it back up next time out.

championo

Top Stalker
His tendency of just slowing down when ball is coming to him or when he has the ball punished us big time today. I don't understand why he does not attack the ball. Jose hated that about him. He stops the game when he gets the ball, don't know if he can't play with Martial anymore or what? So many misunderstandings today.

marktan

Thought he was alright, but he really needs to make those runs he made for the goal more often. He's stopped doing it post leg break, but it's a massive help when he does do it as he's so hard to get the ball of in full flow.

Hoof the ball

He's one of the laziest offensive players I've seen in my time. So reluctant to overlap aggressively. Often plods into position. Frustratingly enough, when Jupiter aligns with Mars and we're desperate for a goal, somehow he has the ability and will to drive forward with the ball! Why doesn't he do these things more regularly when we all know darn well he's capable of them!?

el3mel

He got owned for the goal.

Though it wasn't actually a trash performance. Assisted the goal as well, which is a rare sight.

But the defense against their goal, oh well..

Zoo

Good assist and defended well again. Jota got the better of him one time yes but it should have been saved by Romero. I’m very happy with him this season.

Stepney73

Mid talble pl player at best.

He just looks too bulky to be a top class left back plus I can see him having weight issues like Rooney after the age of 25 plus.

0le

I just wish he would work on his crosses. He always seems to drag it back and play it on the floor. Defended well except for one mistake which for him, sadly led to a goal.

Irwin99

Could have done better for the second goal but probably our best outfield player along with Smalling. Our attack let us down, not our defence.

Brain-fart for the 2nd goal but overall he was solid and tidy.
Needs competition though.His offensive game is still the most underwhelming aspect of his game.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was probably our best player on the day, but man he had a mare for Wolves' 2nd.

Raw

Absolute shite for the 2nd goal but his overall game was fine, and he produced a fine assist.

I don't think Shaw's the kind of player to have a really really bad game. None that I can remember anyway. So at least he's got that consistency in him, which is something I can't say about the likes of Pogba and Rashford whose performances fluctuate wildly.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
At fault for their goal, obviously, but I'm confident he'll learn from his mistake. Sometimes we forget he's only 23.

There are not many LBs in world football I'd swap him with - he's maturing well and will be world class in a few years. His one on one defending, his attacking link up play, attitude and desire are all spot on. Needs to improve his decisions and crossing - but I'm sure he'll improve. One of our best players this season.

Got done for their goal but he was possibly our best player otherwise.

AJ10

Was weak for their second but played well and looked like the only player trying to do anything which is just pathetic from us when we have Rashford/Martial/Lingard/Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.