Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Casemiro as well, and arguably Lisandro.
Casemiro - yes, already the best in his position (forgot to include him earlier).

Lisandro - let’s see - he has the ability but he’s still young in his career.

edcunited1878

I don't think that's too controversial. He's the best footballer at the club - his influence extends far beyond that of a typical left back.
He tilts the pitch towards his side as he can dribble past players, pass through the lines, etc. He's improved like most players, but his improvement has been consistency and just overall impact on matches going forward and defending. He's truly playing world class.

Watching him the past few matches, at CB and now at traditional LB, it makes a massive difference in having your left sided defenders left footed, unless you're playing like Cancelo was all of last season.

Telsim

Man of the match. His strongest game in a long while. Hope he keeps this up.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Motivation and fitness make such a huge difference at the elite level. We're seeing it with Rashford and others as well. Shaw has always had the skill but he's prone to complacency. Even last night at two nil he started trying little casual passes and almost conceded a goal because of it. Then you see his cross for the third goal( not to mention the sexy second goal) and realize why we bought him for a record fee all those years ago.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Hes been an elite player for many years now, so these performances aren't surprising anymore. He looks like he's playing against kids. Insane close control strength and pace.

Mmm-Qatarian

I just love that a section of the fanbase convinced themselves that this guy was useless basically just because he's English and they for some reason decided that "the English cohort" were to blame for our abysmal football last season.

Shaw is a top player. Even in a terrible side last season, the extent to which his performances were poor was usually massively overplayed.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Barring last season, he’s been pretty much consistently one of our best players since he hit his prime. He’s every bit as good as Robertson or Cancelo.

Andersons Dietician

The run for the goal was great. The pass to Bruno was great but there was one where he just held the ball, invited pressure and ignored a simple option back just waiting for a tiny gap and Casemiro to make the move and bent a pass round a player in to Casemiro. So simple yet fantastic.

Also loved when he found himself playing DM and Cas was filling in at LB. Seems to be a partnership forming there.

Shawdini or Shawberto he is just class.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He‘s been brilliant, but let‘s see how long he keeps up that form. He can be exciting, and then suddenly drops off.

Raven

He‘s been brilliant, but let‘s see how long he keeps up that form. He can be exciting, and then suddenly drops off.
Not really though. He's been very consistent for us for about 4 years, he had dip in form last season but I think that's largely due to the Euros, a squashed season and injuries.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
think it’s fair to say the cb experiment might be over today.

Isafim

Luke Shaw had a great match against Bounermouth, not only scoring after a great run but also the launch for the third goal for Bruno Fernandes to go under it was wonderful, finally Luke Shaw when well, and he comes very well, he is one of the best left backs in this competition and he's been that, I think we can look at Luke Shaw through that prism this season it's cool to see a player who had so many ups and downs much downs than the ups of a few seasons with all that serious injury problem and now he's managing to have an interesting consistency at a good level of performance

Reactions: Jippy

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Luke Shaw had a great match against Bounermouth, not only scoring after a great run but also the launch for the third goal for Bruno Fernandes to go under it was wonderful, finally Luke Shaw when well, and he comes very well, he is one of the best left backs in this competition and he's been that, I think we can look at Luke Shaw through that prism this season it's cool to see a player who had so many ups and downs much downs than the ups of a few seasons with all that serious injury problem and now he's managing to have an interesting consistency at a good level of performance

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Strange decision to start him at CB. I'm not convinced he has the defensive awareness to deal with Haaland's movement. Here's hoping ten Hag proves me wrong.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
so so good today. last 5 mins especially he was a monster

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Superb. Back to the player he always should be. This was the first season I ever gave up on him; glad he was determined to prove me wrong! :angel::wenger:

MiracleInMadrid

That last tackle in the very end. I flew off my sofa screaming his name.

Love him. So, so, so god damn solid

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Always thought he would be an immense LCB in a back 3 but he's dominating in a back 4 as a CB... brilliant stuff.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Strange decision to start him at CB. I'm not convinced he has the defensive awareness to deal with Haaland's movement. Here's hoping ten Hag proves me wrong.
This aged well ;)

But yes, the gamble paid off. Shaw’s really fecking good at this defending shit and playing football if he can stay healthy

ShinjiNinja26

Absolute top quality. Whether it’s at CB or LB, he makes it look so easy. He’s just really good at football, the type that would excel in any position he’s put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.