Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drz

I don't think it is an easy feat to play as CB instead of your defined RB position in the Premier League, regardless of the club you play for.
A good feather to have in your hat, should do Shaw's confidence all the good in the world. If he keeps working as hard as he is good things await him and us by association.

El Jefe

He's been really good and more importantly he's excellent on the ball so there's no drop off from Martinez being out in our ability to progress from the back. In games Lindelof and Maguire have filled in for Licha, the play from that back has suffered.

What I will say though is Varane can play with anyone at CB, he's that good. How would Shaw look playing with Maguire or Lindelof as his CB partner? Not great I'd imagine but its good to know we have him as an option there.

mav_9me

While he has done brilliantly at CB I think we miss him at LB. Again Malacia has been ok but not the same passing or ball progression

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If nothing else it's good to know that this is at least an option in some games when Martinez is out.

SinNombre

If he keeps it up, it will mean he has been good 4 out of the last 5 seasons which makes all this talk of inconsistency a bit silly.
And a 3rd world class season along with 2 impressive major tournaments.

Honestly, until Casemiro, he was the United player closest to a world xi. It is a bit unfortunate that English didn't win the Euros since that would have given him the respect that his performances deserved.

Oranges038

He's been good.

His post match interview was good too, shows that maybe ETH is getting through to those players who've been coasting through their time at Utd.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Where this might matter is in terms of any CB signing in the summer. With Martinez our CB most likely to play and Shaw potentially offering a left-footed alternative in some games, it would point to any Maguire replacement needing to be right-footed to step in for the more injury prone Varane in a balanced way.

Remember the geese

Where this might matter is in terms of any CB signing in the summer. With Martinez our CB most likely to play and Shaw potentially offering a left-footed alternative in some games, it would point to any Maguire replacement needing to be right-footed to step in for the more injury prone Varane in a balanced way.
This makes complete sense and has always been the case, in my opinion. Unfortunately, Varane picks up the odd injury here and there. Would be smart of us to pick up the next Varane and give him some cup games etc.

slored1

When he has competition, he is some player. What a fecking performance. An absolute tank with the ball and very good without it.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Shawberto Carlos.

On second thought let's not use that nickname ever again.

InfiniteBoredom

Shawdini
Shawberto Carlos
Lionel Shaw

All jokes aside, great attacking performance from him. Defensively more of a mixed bag, as he made some good clearances and interceptions, but also lost his man on a few occasions and let them swing crosses in.

One of the most important members of the team right now, no doubt about that, but still improvements to be made.

RuudtheRed

Amazing pass at the end to Bruno, I half expected RvP to appear and head it past Casillas

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The best and worst of Luke today in moments, but the run and pass were things not many can do.

Olecurls99

Looked a bit lackadaisical in the first. Immense in the second. Best left back in the world. Love watching him in form.

MiracleInMadrid

On the ball he is like Marcelo at his best but less flashy.

He’s not pure energy like Robertson. He’s not that kind of player. But he will be absolutely everywhere without looking like sweating.

I really enjoy watching him play

RedRoach

Stunning performance. I hope he can keep this is up because when he is on song there is no better left back in world football.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Finally seeing the lb we signed from Southampton. Top class player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I feel like people expect too much. How many players are juggernauts on both ends of the pitch?
Not really, i'm a huge fan of Luke but he didn't have a great time against Stacey, and that pass at the end? nearly cost us the clean sheet.

You can praise him and criticise at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.