Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parma Dewol

Really pleased for him. Career of highs and lows, but it looks like ETH and Shaw are a good fit and there’s evidently a good deal of trust there.

Leg-End

Please avoid injury, he always gets into form then injuries himself and comes back with no confidence. He's been fantastic the last two games.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Two games at CB, and no goals conceded. He’s playing really well, needs to keep it up.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He was immense, so glad to see him at his best. Could play him anywhere and he’d perform, just on his game.

meamth

Once Licha is back, he can continue playing at the left.

I have no words left to praise him, very complete footballer.

Rustyspider13

The performance against Forest didn't require much from Shaw, but this one was impressive. Went up against Costa like it was nothing. At one point the game was slowing down and he took charge and started coming up to midfield to win the ball back to continue attacks. Really enjoyed that.

Mr.Hik

When on the form he is so good. Our best player with Case and Varane.
Stay healthy Luke, we need you.

RedIan

Great stand in centre back and keeping Maguire and Lindeloff on the bench spks volumes for his qualities.

Sylar

Fantastic season so far especially after the first few where it didn't look good (iirc)

What a natural footballer, always has seemed like the nicest lad too even if a bit thick so I'm very pleased for him. Looks like he's our backup LCB now for the season, a left footer on that side is clearly important to ETH.

Skills

Snitch
I reckon you could stick him in any outfield position and he'd look decent there.

redom

I already feel comfortable seeing him in that CB slot which is a testament to how well he's slotted in there and adapted his qualities to that position.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I have to admit that he looks much better as a CB than I thought he would, he's been rock solid for two straight games now.

flameinthesun

Been saying for years I reckon shaw would make a very good CB. Can dribble and pass out from the back, is good 1v1, strong, good in the air. The only thing that would be a weakness, which is also his weakness at lb, is his concentration and positioning sometimes. For this system he is almost the perfect backup/challenger to Martinez for that LCB position. Only issue is Malacia is so much poorer than him at lb.

SAFMUTD

He's a really good CB, his touch and speed really help him. He's also surprisingly good at positioning considering he's a LB.

FujiVice

Versatility is never a bad thing. Great we discover these things when we dont need to fill that position, rather than "McTomminay can play centre back, lets try him there!"

Cloud7

He's looked really good in that CB role, and for the squad as a whole it's really reassuring that he seems to be able to slot in there.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is quite capable CB, well done!

Why is he using "people" instead of "we"?
Maybe he feels he's been a perfect professional and others haven't?

Good on him for speaking it anyway. He's not wrong.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Speaks volumes of his quality as a player that he has slotted in as CB with zero fuss. Class player.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His (immense) ability to play CB is a massive booster for that new contract. Really surprised with this "finding".

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I have to admit that he looks much better as a CB than I thought he would, he's been rock solid for two straight games now.
He's a really good CB, his touch and speed really help him. He's also surprisingly good at positioning considering he's a LB.
Is it possible it has something to do with less running per game in correlation to the positional change? His ever returning issue on the left back has been fitness, stamina, lack of assertiveness, momentarily lapses of concentration. His body is nearly a paradox. His strength, speed, positioning and touch is all above average for a FB and certainly a CB. Evasive attitude or even laziness at his worst, but a strong silent leader at his best. Even his mind is a mystery.

I know it's only two games, but I'm going to speculate around the potential of this positional change. With less sprints, shorter distances and less ground to cover in total. Does that help him managing his energy levels during a game, resulting in a higher level of consistency in concentration, reading of the game and physical challenges?

Positionally a CB on average run about 2km less than a FB, and he saves himself about 200m in sprints per game. His body type might be better suited to this position. Focusing on defending comes more natural to him and is maybe less draining for his mind during a game than always forcing himself to be doing something in attack. He is a player who is immensely talented and plays better than most on 80%, maybe a positional change can elevate his top level and unlock his potential to play on 100% effort, while remaining consistent through 90 minutes, then a season, and for his career. At 27, with the level of talent he has, he shouldn't continue with his up and down issues every other season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Looks like we have a new CB. Should buy a LB to compete with Malacia. Shows what the manager thinks of Maguire that he’s playing a LB at CB. Takes a special manager to recognise players ability to play in other positions.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He’s arguably the best footballer at the club and he’s performing like it again.

Funny how you’ve his detractors saying he only won POTY because he was playing in a terrible team while he’s still showing his class in a team with the likes of Varane, Casemiro and Eriksen.

Status
Not open for further replies.