Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Think Shaw will eventually move to LCB full time, whether with us or with someone else. He’s a very compact, efficient, tidy player and I think he could do very well there given a run of games.
Just saying.

Jules_T

The funny thing is that you could tell that he knew he was playing well.

Shaw had a cockiness about him today.

How tall is he? Similar to Martinez?

Glorio

I think he's quite a bit taller. He seems one of those that look short but could easily be 6ft.

For me, knowing both he and Varane are speedsters gave me - and probably the players - an extra level of security and freed them up to press high up the pitch

Gordon S

Got worried first when i read that there were massive surprises at the back for us, than i see it´s Luke at LCB, pheew. Not worried anymore.
Guy is a tank, strong as an ox, rapid, good first touch, solid and calm.
Honestly think we might have played him out of position for some time now :lol:

Skills

Snitch
I think he's quite a bit taller. He seems one of those that look short but could easily be 6ft.

For me, knowing both he and Varane are speedsters gave me - and probably the players - an extra level of security and freed them up to press high up the pitch
It's the short legs. He's got a short stride like a much smaller player.

Cantonalegod

He's 6'1" believe it or not.

He's long in the body and short in the leg, and his stockiness makes him look shorter.

Marwood

It suits him at CB. He's been brilliant before in a back three.

It removes his major weakness i.e the lungs to get up and down the pitch.

NoPace

He was so good I started thinking we might just replace Maguire with another right-footed CB and make Shaw the backup LCB, bring back Alvaro in the summer to be the 3rd choice LB who makes the bench whenever Lisandro, Shaw or Malacia is hurt, suspended or rested, which probably adds up to a decent amount of bench apperances.

Bojan Djordjic

It suits him at CB. He's been brilliant before in a back three.

It removes his major weakness i.e the lungs to get up and down the pitch.
What?? Do people actually think he’s got a lung problem? He’s one of the best athletes in our squad. He’s like young Rooney in that he looks a bit porky but can run all day.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

And he is not terribly quick. But quite agree. He played very well and did during the WC.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I mean, is it really a surprise that Shaw plays well after he’s had Christmas dinner.
All those potatoes, dripping in duck fat. A block of stuffing the size of a dictionary. A full pint of gravy.
We should have played the fecker up front, he’d have gobbled up all those chances in the second half

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What?? Do people actually think he’s got a lung problem? He’s one of the best athletes in our squad. He’s like young Rooney in that he looks a bit porky but can run all day.
He certainly lacks it a bit — if not in stamina per de but certainly in intensity. It’s only when he’s at his absolute physical best (which happens from time to time) that he’s able to switch to a Shawberto mode. He’s absolutely rapid but he’s far from Rooney’s metaphorical lung capacity.

Rake

Just a simple Google search and you might find your answer.
No way he is 6'1... He is 1.81 (5'9) on FM22, which seems closer to the truth. He is 1.78(5.8) according to Transfermarkt.

Height aside, he was very good yesterday. Don't know if he will be able to cut it against top opposition, but certainly can be utilized as CB against weaker teams.

Last edited:

Rake

Weirdly enough he’s listed as 185 cm/6'1 on Premier League’s official website… but here he is pictured next to the 6'1 Gareth Bale:

Image is not showing, but it is probably the one below. Clearly not as tall as Bale.

Marwood

Nah no chance.

I wouldn't call it a problem, you just have to be extremely fit to play fullback.

OverratedOpinion

Weirdly enough he’s listed as 185 cm/6'1 on Premier League’s official website… but here he is pictured next to the 6'1 Gareth Bale:

Perfect example, there are also a lot of pictures of him being clearly shorter than Ronaldo who from personal experience having stood next to him is a pretty strong 6 ft 1 but definitely not 6 ft 2.

Not that it matters, I think he has always looked very good at centre back and think he is probably our second best option on the left.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s 5ft 10in to 5ft 11in. There are a lot of discussions in Reddit and celebheights.
Bale is also not 6ft 1in, he is more of a 6ft 0.5 in.
Good Lord. That’s an actual website?! I think we can all guess the average height of people who use that website. Or indeed anyone who discusses height in terms of 0.5 inches.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Good Lord. That’s an actual website?! I think we can all guess the average height of people who use that website. Or indeed anyone who discusses height in terms of 0.5 inches.
Yes, Pogue, it's a website about the discussion height of celebrities around the world. People usually share their opinion and pieces of evidence about it.

https://www.celebheights.com/
https://www.celebheights.com/s/Gareth-Bale-48099.html
Celebheights.com listed Bale as 183.5 cm. From what I've read, I think it's the correct estimation.

With Ronaldo who is in 185-186 centimeters, he is shorter than him maybe 2 centimeters.

Compare him to Bale, I actually think he is around 178-179 centimeters.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
First choice LB, second choice LCB. He’d probably even be our best Casemiro deputy too if we played him there. Top player.

the_cliff

He's been good at CB.

Have to say Maguire is even further down the CB pecking order right now. Says a lot.

Shaw and Varane Motms today.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He’s been superb this season. A joy to watch when he’s in form.

I’ve said it before but his first touch is as good as I’ve seen. Just glued to his boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.