Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

On a technical level he is one of the best footballers that the country has ever produced, his one footedness is the only flaw in his game in that aspect.

His top level is exceptionally high, up to him to stay there for longer this time.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He's a really good CB, his touch and speed really help him. He's also surprisingly good at positioning considering he's a LB.
His positioning is a question mark at LB because we’re so reliant on him bombing forward that he’s always out of position when we get countered.

Maguire’s reluctance to help cover up the gap makes Shaw look worse and Fred/Scott are just hopeless and makes it look easy when we get countered.

It’s literally impossible for him to run both lengths of the pitch faster than opponents can pass the ball.

Play him at centre back and he’ll not have the issue because there’s no way he’s running into the opposition’s penalty box on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Maybe he feels he's been a perfect professional and others haven't?

Good on him for speaking it anyway. He's not wrong.
That's exactly my point, because he hasn't. He's had numerous of terrible performances when they decided to get rid of our last manager, he alongside Maguire was one of main culprits for our terrible run last year, especially being one of senior players who was supposed to drive other players and not hide behind them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Excellent performance and along with Varane/Casemiro was the best player for us imo.

Skills

Snitch
That's exactly my point, because he hasn't. He's had numerous of terrible performances when they decided to get rid of our last manager, he alongside Maguire was one of main culprits for our terrible run last year, especially being one of senior players who was supposed to drive other players and not hide behind them.
I think you need to start a justice for Solskaer thread

0le

This was the "question" he was asked:
"The manager's strict, he's bringing in some discipline, you can see there's a marker down today wasn't there."

This was what he replied:
Yeah of course, but I think at a top club like this it has to be like that. I think you know, people can't do whatever they want, you know maybe that's been part of the problem in the past where people getting away with silly little things but you know like you just said there, the manager takes all of that into consideration and you know like you've seen today, I think if you're not doing and keeping the standards high then you wont play."

What else did people want him to say? That there should not be discipline? It seems like a reasonable response to the question. Earlier in the interview he also praised Rashford, saying "he can be one of the best in the world" and "you know there's a goal coming" when referring to him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was playing injured and needed bolts taking out of his leg. He missed the end of the season because of that surgery.

Why is everything always personal? he didn't choose to perform badly, these are humans.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I think you need to start a justice for Solskaer thread
I wasn't fan of Ole by any means and asked for his head long time before we sacked him, but Shaw shying others in his interviews was always laughable when he was part of every manager post Fergie here and played good only when he liked it.

I am glad he is playing well again, but let's not pretend he is always like this, if anything he was one of laziest players in the squad for years but also very talented which saved him many times.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That's extremely harsh. Yes he started last season terribly (not as bad as Maguire though...or a few others for that matter), but people tend to forget that he spent almost two thirds of the season battling a few different injuries.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
That's extremely harsh. Yes he started last season terribly (not as bad as Maguire though...or a few others for that matter), but people tend to forget that he spent almost two thirds of the season battling a few different injuries.
It's not just the last season, he'd had lot of inconsistent seasons over the years.

Also battling injuries has nothing to do with being good attacking wise and being lazy and out of position defensively.

Bobski

Shaw?
Steady on mate, blimming heck :lol:
Doesn't mean that he is one of the best English players ever, as his performances have not lived up to it, but his technical level is exceptional, pristine first touch, great weight of pass, incredibly comfortable on the ball.

Idxomer

If he keeps it up, it will mean he has been good 4 out of the last 5 seasons which makes all this talk of inconsistency a bit silly.

Ludens the Red

He’s such a good fecking player when his mind is on it. There aren’t many left backs who could a slot into centre half for two games and look as accomplished.

TheReligion

Abusive
He’s a generally very good footballer. He must have a good football intelligence to be able to slot in at CB so well too.

United baffle me. Mourinho basically said Shaw had to brains remember?

We’ve been held back so long it’s irritating. So many bad choices from the owners.

The United

He has always been an excellent one on one defender. He hardly gets beaten even by the best wingers around.

With that and his good anticipation, it is no surprise that he is playing well as a CB.

Lee565

Could easily make and argument that he would be a better option to partner stones in central defence for England ove Maguire if chilwell is fit considering he has pushed Maguire down the pecking order at united

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Surprised how well Shaw's done at centre back, given his issues with positioning down the years. Hats off to him. Hopefully his good form continues for as long as we need it.

flappyjay

A few posters over the years have long said he would make a good CB turns out they were right.

Woziak

He’s such a good fecking player when his mind is on it. There aren’t many left backs who could a slot into centre half for two games and look as accomplished.
Shawdini , Luke is Paulo Maldini reincarnated great left back, great Wing back, Great CB in a 2 or a 3

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This was the "question" he was asked:
"The manager's strict, he's bringing in some discipline, you can see there's a marker down today wasn't there."

This was what he replied:
Yeah of course, but I think at a top club like this it has to be like that. I think you know, people can't do whatever they want, you know maybe that's been part of the problem in the past where people getting away with silly little things but you know like you just said there, the manager takes all of that into consideration and you know like you've seen today, I think if you're not doing and keeping the standards high then you wont play."

What else did people want him to say? That there should not be discipline? It seems like a reasonable response to the question. Earlier in the interview he also praised Rashford, saying "he can be one of the best in the world" and "you know there's a goal coming" when referring to him.

You no fun. You just squashed a potentially 10 pages discussion, full of bored posters.

Blood Mage

Has what it takes to be a CB for sure. When his pace has gone that's where he'll play I reckon.

Bondi77

We have four top class CBs now so we should just make a quick sale with Lindelof and put that money to a new striker in January.

wangyu

Good to know we have a great backup CB. He is a bit susceptible in the air but his footballing ability makes up for that.

lex talionis

Another exceptional performance, leaving us only with a few minor quibbles on how he could improve his game. But as it stands now let’s acknowledge that Luke Shaw is a world class LB and quite decent at CB.

Devil81

Martinez wants to be careful because ETH seems to me to be a manager who finds something that works well and sticks with it.

I love that because it's a sign of a great manager to spot something and go with it as he has more confidence than he would over a legitimate player of that position.

Fact is ETH clearly likes a technical player in at CB, I've no doubt Martinez will slot straight back in but Shaw is pretty much like for like. Both technical, both small and able to move with the ball like a midfielder.

This is the end of Maguire right here, he has no future at United as a starting player so he has to go.

Thiagoal

He’s just generally a really classy footballer. Stick him centre mid or right wing and he’ll perform just as well! Some players are just naturals!

Valencia Shin Crosses

Martinez wants to be careful because ETH seems to me to be a manager who finds something that works well and sticks with it.

I love that because it's a sign of a great manager to spot something and go with it as he has more confidence than he would over a legitimate player of that position.

Fact is ETH clearly likes a technical player in at CB, I've no doubt Martinez will slot straight back in but Shaw is pretty much like for like. Both technical, both small and able to move with the ball like a midfielder.

This is the end of Maguire right here, he has no future at United as a starting player so he has to go.
I think Martinez reads the game and tackles a bit better, but he clearly doesn’t have the physical strength and pace of Shaw.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I think Martinez reads the game and tackles a bit better, but he clearly doesn’t have the physical strength and pace of Shaw.
That and Shaw is miles better than Malacia too, but it gives us another option if injuries/fatigue hits.

stepic

Jose said he had to be told how to play, yet here he is playing multiple positions. Jose was a fecking twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.