Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

Never been in better shape, it shows in his face how trim he is right now.
Unfortunately, he was poor for me and as I said in the match day thread, also been under par the last two games (Arsenal and Palace). Maybe it's the illness and being out but since the City game, his performances returning at left back have been a bit too lackadaisical and without the usual poise on and off the ball you'd expect from him.

the gafferjs

Maybe it is just me but I always find him quite miserable, especially when he does an Interview after a match. I think there is maybe a touch of anxiety in there so its not so much his delivery but his tone, he just sounds like he hates what he does.

He was terrible against Arsenal IMO, got schooled by Saka.

Also and this is not just restricted to him but this trend of covering the mouth when speaking on the pitch, like seriously, who cares what is being said? Are the people watching on TV going to telepathically inform the opposition? 8 times out of 10 a direct free kick fails so does it matter if people see what is being discussed?

Raven

Maybe it is just me but I always find him quite miserable, especially when he does an Interview after a match. I think there is maybe a touch of anxiety in there so its not so much his delivery but his tone, he just sounds like he hates what he does.

Also and this is not just restricted to him but this trend of covering the mouth when speaking on the pitch, like seriously, who cares what is being said? Are the people watching on TV going to telepathically inform the opposition? 8 times out of 10 a direct free kick fails so does it matter if people see what is being discussed?
This is such a bizarre rant :lol:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Honestly could be in with a shout for MotM. Licha probably edges it, but Shaw was excellent all game. He dominates the entire left side of the pitch when he's on form.

FujiVice

If it wasnt for Martinez, I dont think there would have been a more sure fire Man of the Match performance all season. Absolute leader. Sadly for him, Licha has a big red S under his normal outfit.

lex talionis

Very solid performance, but Martinez and Varane were masterful today. I’d like to have seen a bit more in attack from Shaw than we did.

NoPace

Geniune shout for us having the best backline in the world in front of DDG when Dalot is fit.
I was thinking this is hyperbole but the Lucas Hernandez injury and Carvajal's dip in form probably means this is true until Madrid sign Cancelo this summer or something.

Ekeke

His touch was unusually loose, normally his first touch is one of the best parts of his game. But did put a good cross in for the goal in a good team move

Mr.Hik

He is slowly becoming world class. Would walk in any team right now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was watching on a shite stream but there was a moment Palace were on the break and he went into central defence and won the ball back with nonchalant ease

Oranges038

Once again showing how good he can be when he has a bit of competition for his place.

Hope he keeps this up, hell of a player when he's in this kind of form.

Bondi77

No, but it might make a back page headline for the Sun

RobbieBerns

Kind of want to see how he would do next to Sabitzer at home against Leeds next time out. With his technique and read of the game I’d like to see him as a six where Eriksen normally plays, reckon he could boss it there.

criticalanalysis

Thought he had a good game and some vital contributions but..I'm going to still beat the old drum, he's stands off a bit too much for me in the left channel. Gets bypassed or let's the other players play a pass down the line a bit too easily for me. Granted it's against a very skillful Olise but I just want to see him go touch tight or get closer a second before they get the ball.

He's either playing a bit too cautiously or playing within himself physically i.e less short/long high intensity sprints. It's probably why he's comfortable in the penalty area/CB positions as his area of coverage is smaller.

lex talionis

Brilliant of late, as has been the case most of the season. Not more to say about Luke Shaw.

slored1

Garnacho doesn't click with him that well. Second half showed that.

Hulme91

Looked like a man possessed in the 2nd half, genuinely unplayable when he's on it because of that combination of physicality/technical ability

Bwuk

It won’t happen but I’d start him at CM against Leeds on Sunday next to Sabitzer.

Fred is far too chaotic.

CloneMC16

He played really well with Sancho. He made our 2nd goal. The turn he made created so much space for him to run into. Absolute quality.

Mailo

I would like EtH to setup like this on Sunday:

de Gea
AWB - Varane - Martínez - Malacia

Shaw

Sabitzer - Fred

Bruno - Rashford - Sancho

The way he's playing I reckon he could play almost any position on the pitch to a pretty high standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.