Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When he really goes at it 100% there isn't many that can keep up with his drive.

The mixture of finess speed and power is very rare.

gza the genius

Agree with those saying to try him in midfield while Casemiro is out. It clearly isn't going to work with Fred and Sabitzer so we need someone in there who can read the game and good under pressure. It may not work but it can't be worse than yesterday and I certainly think it's a better option than Lindelof.

NotQuiteManc

I think he is talented enough to play in midfield. Can't be worse than Fred at DM, can it? :nervous:

Rolaholic

So glad he's back to his best, he's one of the best around when he's on form. Makes the game look easy

Last edited:

Gordon S

I think he is talented enough to play in midfield. Can't be worse than Fred at DM, can it? :nervous:
Tell me where we couldn´t play him? Strong as a horse, rapid, quality on the ball, composed.
His passing was mint when he played as a CB so no reason why he couldn´t do some of the playmaking parts there as a DM as well.

It´s either him or that crazy Argentinian for midfield next game for me.

NotQuiteManc

Tell me where we couldn´t play him? Strong as a horse, rapid, quality on the ball, composed.
His passing was mint when he played as a CB so no reason why he couldn´t do some of the playmaking parts there as a DM as well.

It´s either him or that crazy Argentinian for midfield next game for me.
I think he is a very talented player, but as far as I know, we only have seen him played more on his left side, be it LB or CB. We haven't seen him more on the right side of the field, which I imagine he would be involved more if he were to play in DM, if that makes sense? Either way, if any manager that is able to coach players to play different positions and have prior successes, it would be EtH.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

What impresses me most about Shaw is the way he effortlessly glides with the ball at his feet. He is a deceptively quick dribbler because he doesn't rely solely on pace: instead he makes use of his exceptional close control. When he's progressing the ball forward, it always feels like he's in control of the situation.

Also, he's rarely wasteful with his passing. When United have the ball in a dangerous position on the wing, I am more confident in Shaw delivering a perfect cross than any other player. So many Premier League full backs regularly overhit or underhit their crosses, whereas Shaw's crosses are often perfectly weighted.

Leeds United 0:2 Man Utd

slored1

Overall a very good performance. Peach of a cross for Rashford and looked way more assured than the clown on his right.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought that was his worst game in a while, and he was excellent in the last two months or so, but the cross was beautiful.

RK

I think even aside from the assist he played well. He doesn't seem to panic, so much composure, valuable in games like this.

acnumber9

Shouldn’t have been playing centre back when he had Leeds on toast at left back on Wednesday night.

Eli Zee

Shaw is awesome.... fast, strong, good cross.... runs up and down the pitch a lot, defends well.... he's great.

Good assist

BorisManUtd

Beautiful cross, like the one to Casemiro at Bridge. Such a good decision to cross it as quick as he did, Leeds defence had no time to adapt and Rashford was in perfect position to score. Some players would take their time and ultimately nothing would probably come out of that attack.

Idxomer

Much better after moving to his natural position, playing beside Maguire did him no favours.

Mike Smalling

Seen over the whole season, he's up there with Rashford, Casemiro, Martinez and Varane as our best performers.

Andersons Dietician

I thought he was actually pretty good today, weird seeing people say he was turd at CB. Won headers, covered Maguire made options and when he got on the ball looked assured. We certainly missed him at LB and the touch then using his body before putting in that cross was superb.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He’s genuinely matured into a consistently world class performer.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I think this guy doesn't get enough respect for what a just all round top class player he is. The fact his game intelligence is good enough for him to play CB says a lot, especially considering how effective he is as an offensive minded player.

CM

Shame he'll have to play CB again on Thursday but the delivery was excellent for the Rashford goal

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's like they said at Southampton: he's one of the most naturally-gifted players I've ever seen. Things that he finds simple 99.9% of players would struggle with.

If we could just sort out his head so he's a bit more consistent throughout the 90, he'd be world-class. And he still has pace to burn, even as an 'older' player.

Watching him and Maguire you'd never guess who was the accomplished CB and who was the United/England captain playing in their natural position.

Status
Not open for further replies.