Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

I thought Shaw looked good in the first half. Super pass for Rashford's big chance. 2nd half seemed to give up on defending.

It's clear he isn't a player that gives 100% all season; it's up to the manager to get him off the pitch as soon as it is evident he isn't putting in the effort.

Irwin99

Players can have bad games but feck me, talk of him being 'better than evra" or Irwin or even Neville is fecking ridiculous. You just KNOW he's got this absolute meltdown in his locker, you just know it. Hopefully he bounces back

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Malacia is shit and I’d play him over Shaw for the rest of the season, that’s how bad that performance was.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
"Should be punished". Ok how would you like to punish him? Strip him down and make him walk down the street saying shame behind him and ringing a bell as he's walking, Cersei style?
That's actually a very good idea. And not just him, the entire team should be part of it.

Also, you do realise this is not the first time Shaw was a member of such a shite display in our biggest losses over the recent years?

CloneMC16

Can't believe what I've just watched from Shaw. He was our best player in the 1st half and worst in the 2nd. He gave up. That was a disgusting 2nd half performance. Really disappointed in him. I think he 100% gets dropped for the next game after that.

slored1

Ah alright, let's not forgive our world class LB. What would you do? Sack him? Real smart thinking there, will really help us. A player had a shit day. That's it. Move on. Tell him he's shit on twitter if that makes you happy.
Yeah I'd sell him. Not even joking. Can't be trusted if he loses his head after being 2-0 down. Not the first time he was this shite in a meltdown as well, I remember Spurs under Ole, Liverpool at home last season... He's a melt.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of his all time worst halves for sure.

Totally lost his head there. At one point insisting on bundling Nunez instead of just taking the ball off him.

Utterly farcical work for the later goals.

Gandalf

He'll be dropped for Malacia midweek and rightfully so.
I would give him a break sure, he has played way more games than usual and he is one of those it seemed to catch up to today, no surprise as fitness has been an issue with him in the past. I would not play Malacia though, he is utter horseshit and a waste of money, Brandon Williams would be a better option even if he is only Championship level.

-Supreme-

He looked very strange from the restart, his first pass after half-time where he decided to pass back when Bruno was unmarked at the touch line was very odd decision and he went downhill from there

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That's actually a very good idea. And not just him, the entire team should be part of it.

Also, you do realise this is not the first time Shaw was a member of such a shite display in our biggest losses over the recent years?
Ok he is capable of having a shit game now and then? Again, he's an excellent player and will once in a very rare while drop a 1/10 game. You want to sell him because of it? You think he should be replaced with an inferior player because of it?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah I'd sell him. Not even joking. Can't be trusted if he loses his head after being 2-0 down. Not the first time he was this shite in a meltdown as well, I remember Spurs under Ole, Liverpool at home last season... He's a melt.
:lol: :houllier:

Right sell the best LB in the world this season because of a shit 2nd half because slored1 gets PTSD from this game when he looks at his face. Let's ignore that he's one of our very best and key players 95% of the time.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Ok he is capable of having a shit game now and then? Again, he's an excellent player and will once in a very rare while drop a 1/10 game. You want to sell him because of it? You think he should be replaced with an inferior player because of it?
I don't want to sell him, who said that?

I want him being criticised because he deserves that. I don't want anyone to tell me how good he was for few months and he shouldn't be criticised today because if that.

el3mel

Ah alright, let's not forgive our world class LB. What would you do? Sack him? Real smart thinking there, will really help us. A player had a shit day. That's it. Move on. Tell him he's shit on twitter if that makes you happy.
World class ? Don't make me laugh please. It's overrating players like these is the reason for such performances.

Anyone who puts on some good performance for United gets classified as World Class by United fans nowadays.

That's not just bad performance or poor form. It was a disgusting attitude and shambolic mentality. Definitely not one I see from "World Class" players.

Stop overrating our players. They still haven't achieved anything worthy of all that.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
World class ? Don't make me laugh please. It's overrating players like these is the reason for such performances.

Anyone who puts on some good performance for United gets classified as World Class by United fans nowadays.

That's not just bad performance or poor form. It was a disgusting attitude and shambolic mentality. Definitely not one I see from "World Class" players.

Stop overrating our players. They still haven't achieved anything worthy of all that.
We literally have world cup winners in the centre of our defence

Maureen-yo

Aside from being one of the best performers at the Euros and World Cup? You know the world stage…

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Best player on the pitch in the first half...

Fecking dippers must have some Havana Syndrome shit set up in the away dressing room.

el3mel

Aside from being one of the best performers at the Euros and World Cup? You know the world stage…
Having a one good international competition performance is enough nowadays for players to be classified as world class it seems.

The reality is Shaw has achieved and won feck all in his career and so far the number of good seasons he has had in his career while he's now 27 can be counted on one hand.

So stop overrating him till he actually wins something at least.

Irwin99

:lol: :houllier:

Right sell the best LB in the world this season because of a shit 2nd half because slored1 gets PTSD from this game when he looks at his face. Let's ignore that he's one of our very best and key players 95% of the time.
Talk of selling him is absurd and reactionary but that's the thing though, he has this absolute meltdown every once in a while that prevents him from getting close to that. People on here talk about him as being the best left back in the world and "better than Evra"... is he feck!!! You can not give that type of performance in your prime years and this is not the first time he's done this.

I hope he bounces back and i'm sure he will but Jesus, that was wretched and not an unusual occurrence with him.

Superunknown

He's won me around this season, but the second half was a huge backwards step. Very disappointing.

sugar_kane

He’s always makes sure he gets the interview after dropping a 0/10 performance like this, it’s so transparent what he’s playing at.

Lecland07

Talk of selling him is absurd and reactionary but that's the thing though, he has this absolute meltdown every once in a while that prevents him from getting close to that. People on here talk about him as being the best left back in the world and "better than Evra"... is he feck!!! You can not give that type of performance in your prime years and this is not the first time he's done this.

I hope he bounces back and i'm sure he will but Jesus, that was wretched and not an unusual occurrence with him.
Every player has crap games in a season. You probably just don't watch other teams enough to see those terrible games.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Having a one good international competition performance is enough nowadays for players to be classified as world class it seems.

The reality is Shaw has achieved and won feck all in his career and so far the number of good seasons he has had in his career while he's now 27 can be counted on one hand.

So stop overrating him till he actually wins something at least.
Literally won a trophy last weekend.

A-man

When Shaw is performing like the worst LB in the world why not move him to CB where he is even worse.

Irwin99

Every player has crap games in a season. You probably just don't watch other teams enough to see those terrible games.
Absolutely correct, you can have horrific games where things just go very wrong and it's just one of those things. But he mentally just collapsed in that second half and the thing that annoys me is that he has previous in this situation.

el3mel

Just pointing out that you're talking bollocks sunshine. Probably best you take a lie down for a bit.
The only one talking bollocks here is you. :lol:

You said that our defense has World Cup winners in it when no one mentioned Varane in this at all.

You considered winning a League Cup good enough for Luke Shaw to be considered World Class.

You're honestly the one who's having a mare and just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I bet Shaw will be so proud of his career having his trophy cabinet at 27 years old including 2 league cups and one Europe League and don't forget his good performance in the Euro. Perfect career for a world class left back nowadays.

Get a grip.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He should be the best LB in the world on talent. But he does dumb things at times and games like today really piss me off.

He's a better footballer than Davies but Davies doesn't have horrible off days and doesn't lazily foul players or jog to stop a cross.
Yep, he's got these lazy days, which means we just need to add quality and drop him when the times come, he's too complacent..

Ekeke

Watching the goals back and some extended highlights and whats worrying even more than Shaw's performance in isolation in that 2nd half is that when he goes to CB and Malacia comes on, Malacia is rubbish and guilty on the goals too. Otherwise I would have suggested we give Shaw a rest and put Malacia in... But no he came on and was bad too.

spiriticon

Just when I think he finally got his head sorted, he's pulled out an absolute peach of a performance to convince me otherwise.

So much talent, but we just cannot truly depend on him.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The only one talking bollocks here is you. :lol:

You said that our defense has World Cup winners in it when no one mentioned Varane in this at all.

You considered winning a League Cup good enough for Luke Shaw to be considered World Class.

You're honestly the one who's having a mare and just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I bet Shaw will be so proud of his career having his trophy cabinet at 27 years old including 2 league cups and one Europe League and don't forget his good performance in the Euro. Perfect career for a world class left back nowadays.

Get a grip.
I never said anything of the sort. You said he hadn't won anything which you've now admitted is completely untrue.

Stick to the facts if you're going to argue with someone.

el3mel

I never said anything of the sort. You said he hadn't won anything which you've now admitted is completely untrue.

Stick to the facts if you're going to argue with someone.
He hasn't won anything, just some Mickey Mouse cups no one gave a shit about. Responding to that by saying he won a couple of League Cups ? :lol:

Do you even believe yourself ?

Status
Not open for further replies.