Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
All of our passing patterns were known to Liverpool, ball out to Shaw, not down the line so inside for a one two. Liverpool are this up.
Every team knows every other teams patterns. It’s not like they could much about it at OT or the first half yesterday. This was obviously much more than sussing out our tactics

Kopral Jono

A second half performance straight from the deepest pit of hell. Most perplexing because he was our best player in the first half!

kthanksbye

The basic error he made for Gakpo's 2nd goal was unacceptable stuff from a professional footballer, Martinez get's stretched out wide and Shaw has to cover the middle, but while he's tracking back, he's worried about Salah beating Martinez and never looks behind him to check if someone is making a run.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The basic error he made for Gakpo's 2nd goal was unacceptable stuff from a professional footballer, Martinez get's stretched out wide and Shaw has to cover the middle, but while he's tracking back, he's worried about Salah beating Martinez and never looks behind him to check if someone is making a run.
his attempt at a clearane for 6th was pathetic

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Every team knows every other teams patterns. It’s not like they could much about it at OT or the first half yesterday. This was obviously much more than sussing out our tactics
His pass inside to noone was read like a book. He played it without looking and they knew he would play it.

AFC NimbleThumb

For as good a he can be he epitomises the issues that hang over the current squad. High ceiling but a ridiculously low basement level of performance.

I simply can’t see us competing for top honours consistently with him. Talent wise it is there but mentally I just don’t get it with him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Shaw when he believes the pattern he is used to is on.
Alright. Anyway it’s a decision making when things go tits up one, which is obvious rather than a training ground issue. He’s usually a quality passer but not sure what happens between the ears with this lot when the heat is turned up

Rossa

He was absolutely rubbish, as was the rest of the team. He was not only horrendous in the second half, but everything worked against him as well - so very poor and extremely unlucky. He lost any form of intensity in this match, and that never works - why did he stop when he ran past TAA for instance? He was ahead. He could have cut inside, gone to the byline to cross, but he just stopped, indecisive.

He'll bounce back.

PaulRich

They targeted him 2nd half and he really struggled. I mean really struggled. At times like this support from your wingman would be nice. Antony had other ideas. I feel a little sorry for LS.

SER19

They targeted him 2nd half and he really struggled. I mean really struggled. At times like this support from your wingman would be nice. Antony had other ideas. I feel a little sorry for LS.
Wasn't Antony on the right?

Dominant

I think at least 3-4 goals in the 2nd half came on his side. Totally gone mentally. Him and Bruno have to be dropped for Betis. No other ways.

SER19

He was but evidently he should have run diagonally across the pitch to come help Shaw. Any excuse is good for a bit of Antony bashing.

Its a strange one, there are countless memorable examples of Bruno having a horror show down that side. One think Antony can't be accused of is not protecting his full back, he does this very well

RedDevil@84

If he is running out of steam, give him rest. We don't want Shaw to revert to old form.

NoPace

If he is running out of steam, give him rest. We don't want Shaw to revert to old form.
Now that it's 5 subs and we have a good backup who seems to relish coming on and being annoying to opponents, I could see him getting a lot more 70 minute games.

WFRed

I've always thought of him as one of our better players since he came back out of the wilderness. But is it just me or has he recently been getting caught too often drifting into the centre and drawn towards the ball when defending leaving people unmarked behind him?

criticalanalysis

Thought he was fine, give him a rest vs Southampton.
First half he was poor, got square on attackers, something he does all the time and obviously slow to react for their goal. Fantastic delivery for Fernandes' goal and better 2nd half against a really poor Betis.

Probably unlikely to get a rest though as we'll want to win the game early and then hopefully give Malacia minutes so he can find some rhythm to go into the Betis game, where he may start.

I've always thought of him as one of our better players since he came back out of the wilderness. But is it just me or has he recently been getting caught too often drifting into the centre and drawn towards the ball when defending leaving people unmarked behind him?
It's not a recent thing. He's always been lacksadical with his boxing out and closing down the space. It's why he works as a centre back so well at times as he has a natural tendency to drift inwards towards the penalty box and doesn't like facing attackers down the channels/in open space. He's very capable of doing and shutting players down, it's just not a consistent thing of his.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No one is criticising him for another half arsed defending for the goal?

Not even after he did it for probably 3-4 goals last game too, and you would expect he would improve on that.

WFRed

First half he was poor, got square on attackers, something he does all the time and obviously slow to react for their goal. Fantastic delivery for Fernandes' goal and better 2nd half against a really poor Betis.

Probably unlikely to get a rest though as we'll want to win the game early and then hopefully give Malacia minutes so he can find some rhythm to go into the Betis game, where he may start.

It's not a recent thing. He's always been lacksadical with his boxing out and closing down the space. It's why he works as a centre back so well at times as he has a natural tendency to drift inwards towards the penalty box and doesn't like facing attackers down the channels/in open space. He's very capable of doing and shutting players down, it's just not a consistent thing of his.
Fair enough. There were probably even worse offenders before which meant I didn't notice him as much!

Idxomer

He tried hard to win us the game but in return, his whole side was open for Southampton to attack freely.

Bwuk

I said it before but with Casemiro out now I’d be tempted to try him at #6.

WFRed

Thought he was ok yesterday but both he and AWB were vulnerable when Southampton came forward leaving men with far too much space. It was only Southampton's poor passing or control that meant they didn't punish us as they could have done. Shaw did at least try and offer something going forward too which some of those in front of him seemed incapable of doing...

Overall though I thought the whole backline did well yesterday playing for so long without Casemiro in front of them.

Man Utd 3:1 Fulham

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His world class period lasted how many months before turning into pretty poor defender again?

Awful defensively once again.

HookedOnAPhelan

Complains about fatigue in the post match interview. Such a convenient excuse for a poor performance. For all his talent he's always struck me as the kind of guy looking to blame anything/anyone else when things go to shit.

He's fecking world class at his best. But I still don't trust him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Complains about fatigue in the post match interview. Such a convenient excuse for a poor performance. For all his talent he's always struck me as the kind of guy looking to blame anything/anyone else when things go to shit.

He's fecking world class at his best. But I still don't trust him.
Shouldn't be going with England if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.