Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

Complains about fatigue in the post match interview. Such a convenient excuse for a poor performance. For all his talent he's always struck me as the kind of guy looking to blame anything/anyone else when things go to shit.

He's fecking world class at his best. But I still don't trust him.
i'm not sure I would deduce it like that but I do find his post match interviews a bit 'off'.

Recently, he said the standards dropped after the league cup win and today he says we're showing signs of fatigue. To be fair to him, it might be true but it goes against everything ETH has said publicly and it seems he's the only one who's admitting these two things.

ETH has been very consistent with saying that the players loves the amount of games and they have the fitness and drive to continue. Now most casual observers can tell we are absolutely fecked and ETH has his blame in that but I believe he's saying what he's saying because he wants to cultivate a mentality of just pure professionalism and dedication to the cause. I.e Even admitting fatigue or making excuses about injuries, the amount of games leads to losing focus etc even if it's just blatant lying.

I don't want to be too harsh on Shaw but given he had a full week rest, he was absolutely passive and appalling today pre-penalty.

Himannv

I think most players are having bad games at the moment. I reckon Malacia can play a bit more in the upcoming games as that always seems to fire Shaw up - I think there's a mental aspect to the fatigue.

Lovely assist though.

Shimo

Not that it's going to happen but, hope Southgate pulls one of his "brilliant" decisions and not start him for the upcoming qualifiers. Maybe saying he is tired, Southgate might just start Chilwell instead at least against Italy.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Not that it's going to happen but, hope Southgate pulls one of his "brilliant" decisions and not start him for the upcoming qualifiers. Maybe saying he is tired, Southgate might just start Chilwell instead at least against Italy.
The players need to be smart. With so many games in a season where World Cup happened, qualifier should take less priority. He can easily tell Southgate he's not fit enough to be playing 90 mins, maybe 15-20 mins. There should be a middle ground. England has so many player options.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Missed the first ten minutes yesterday but I'd say that's probably a pen if the refs/VAR decide to take a closer look. We can chalk that down to luck being in the first few minutes. He did it at another point in the game where he grabbed a player shirt in the box and I remember thinking the player could have gone down looking. Great player of course.

Rossa

Reed was running circles around him. Quite literally at points.
And the concerning part of that is that it's not about pace, it's about concentration, or lack of. He starts to sprint far too late, and that's why there are so many crosses coming in from his side. He's been great this season, but even at his best he's poor at closing down his winger, giving them far too much time and space to cross the ball or pull a cut back.

simplyared

He's definately come down a level or two recently. At best he's world class in his position. Nowhere near that now! His attitude must be questioned as we've seen it so many times before. Whats he doing off the pitch?

He did push him though. That's a pen.
No he didn't. He at worst slid his hand down his back as he tried to get close to him. Nowhere near a push.

None of it really matters anyway as he was nowhere near reaching the ball.

OrcaFat

I’ve read a few of these recent posts and brilliant though he is, I wouldn’t mind him being rested for the odd game here and there in the next few weeks.

I wouldn’t read anything into his interviews. He’s just a bit thick.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Asides from the meltdown at Anfield, I think Shaw's performances this season have been very good. When it's the last 10 mins of a game and we're in need of a goal, his overlapping runs are such an asset. He's rarely wasteful with his crosses in those situations where we're on the front foot, as he so often picks out the killer pass. When he assisted Sabitzer's goal vs Fulham it dawned on me that he has done this countless times before (notably Casemiro's header vs Chelsea and Rashford's vs Leeds) where we're urgently hunting a late goal and Shaw's composure in picking out a) the right cross and b) a perfectly weighed delivery has been instrumental in changing the scoreline.

So long as Ten Hag is United's manager, I'm confident we'll continue to see Shaw being a pivotal part of United's creativity from the wide attacking areas.

Last edited:

Irwin99

Good lad getting a red card :D . No injury and back for United with some rest.

Red00012

That’s some excellent work tonight . He’s nearly time to catch a flight and meet up with Rashford in NYC .

Woziak

He's definately come down a level or two recently. At best he's world class in his position. Nowhere near that now! His attitude must be questioned as we've seen it so many times before. Whats he doing off the pitch?
I think your find since he’s become a daddy and got married he’s become much more settled in his private life, he seems to take his fitness and health seriously, this season is weird for players who played World Cup and PL, he played all England 5 WC games, 1 Euro Qualifier and 36 times for united with recent 3 games in 7 days regularly.

To be fair for club and country he’s played 42 games, scored 1 goal and got 8 assists from left back. That’s nearly 1 in 4 goal involvements from left back. The guy is world class, just hugely tired. He got sent off for England tonight for two yellows covering Maguire’s obvious deficiencies!

His England form in last 12 tournament and Euro Qualifiers is 1 goal in a Euro Final and 5 assists in other words he turns up at left back and influences big games. How many left backs in world football have 1 in 2 goal involvements at World cups and Euros.

This debate is over, only David Allaba and Alphonso Davies are currently better in world football. Robertson can’t do it for his country, when Luke’s got 60 or 70 caps in the next few years people will start to appreciate how good he is ?

432JuanMata

Asides from the meltdown at Anfield, I think Shaw's performances this season have been very good. When it's the last 10 mins of a game and we're in need of a goal, his overlapping runs are such an asset. He's rarely wasteful with his crosses in those situations where we're on the front foot, as he so often picks out the killer pass. When he assisted Sabitzer's goal vs Fulham it dawned on me that he has done this countless times before (notably Casemiro's header vs Chelsea and Rashford's vs Leeds) where we're urgently hunting a late goal and Shaw's composure in picking out a) the right cross and b) a perfectly weighed delivery has been instrumental in changing the scoreline.

So long as Ten Hag is United's manager, I'm confident we'll continue to see Shaw being a pivotal part of United's creativity from the wide attacking areas.
This is why after the Liverpool game I didn’t post in here. It was a disgrace of a game from him and others but 45 minutes doesn’t take away the amazing season he is having.

I would say ETH loves him because after the Brentford game he was dropped and he had to fight and show is mental strength to improve and get back into the team which he has done excellently

Bertie Wooster

A red card and a suspension is sad for Luke, as I'm sure it's the last thing he wanted.

But I can't help but be delighted about it from a selfish point of view. Great news for us that he can now have over a weeks rest before our next game.

So long as Rashford's injury isn't serious then the England internationals have gone perfectly so far from our perspective - rest for Rashford and Shaw, useful game time for Maguire. :)

Abraxas

Not bad for us, joke red card though. Really soft to get sent off for that. Ref seemed to be enjoying going to his pocket.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This is why after the Liverpool game I didn’t post in here. It was a disgrace of a game from him and others but 45 minutes doesn’t take away the amazing season he is having.
That is exactly the same reason I avoided posting on the caf for most of last season as people's natural tendencies are to get caught up in the here and now. It was clear that most players were suffering from shit circumstances last season, but if you try to be level-headed about the situation then you immediately get pounced upon for showing an ounce of "toxic positivity" about the team you support.

Orange Tree

Great job, Luke!

And now, if Bruno can get a red card for Portugal, that would be swell.

Marwood

I’m not sure downtime is a good thing for him. Isn’t he a bit like Rooney in that he needs games to stay fit? Plus we have great cover in Malacia whenever we need him.
It's only a week off. Even by Luke's previous I doubt he can get himself out of shape that quick.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I've not seen it again but his first yellow seemed extremely harsh, did he really time waste all that much? Granted I'm used to Shaw taking forever to take a throw in, no matter what the score is.

Kane's ridiculous crawling back into the pitch is much worse, I wonder if the ref could give a card in such scenarios?

Eric_the_Red99

I've not seen it again but his first yellow seemed extremely harsh, did he really time waste all that much? Granted I'm used to Shaw taking forever to take a throw in, no matter what the score is.

Kane's ridiculous crawling back into the pitch is much worse, I wonder if the ref could give a card in such scenarios?
Yes, I don’t have a problem with clamping down on time wasting, but it’s the inconsistency that’s annoying. There are much worse examples in pretty much every match these days, and 95% of the time the ref doesn’t even seem to notice. But this ref seemed to be desperate to send someone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.