Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Semigoodlookin

I think he has been lazy and sloppy in recent weeks. Not all players have the same mental and physical capabilities. ETH always says the players are ready, but Shaw may be one who is feeling the fatigue of so much football. A rest for the remainder of this month will hopefully allow him to recharge and find his form from earlier in the season.

Sylar

I’m not sure downtime is a good thing for him. Isn’t he a bit like Rooney in that he needs games to stay fit? Plus we have great cover in Malacia whenever we need him.
Thankfully it's only 8 days, which means he can join up with united / Eth and train and not worry about a game this weekend.

(Well rest first like others, rashford are doing)

The sending off was great for a united perspective. His first yellow was nonsense but being on the first yellow, his second was a ridiculous challenge to make. Thankfully it was for England and not united

Ole'sattheWheel

Keeping fit amongst the England squad and not playing while away from Manchester for a bit might be good for him. He'll come back fresh with a mindset of "right, back to work now"

Sylar

Thought he was meh and played like we were 4-0 up. So casual which is a shame as he's one of our better technical players

el3mel

Back to business. The left flank was getting destroyed throughout the entire game today.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He's a lazy defender at times but has the best touch and short passing on the team.

Stick him in midfield.

HookedOnAPhelan

As talented as he is - and he's incredibly talented - surely we have to say goodbye at some point? We've seen this shite before from Shaw.

I'm not at all convinced he has the mentality to be part of a title-winning team. And his form just keeps collapsing after a great run.

Irwin99

Left flank was getting wrecked way more than the right at times but i don't think he had much help from the wingers.

Brainless foul for the second goal. Yes it's soft and their player was looking for it but you don't give him the invitation to go down.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
A time will come when he won't be a United player anymore.

Positive thinking is the key.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Now that the contract is secured, it's business as usual.
It's been like that for previous contract renewals too. Expecting him to get back to inconsistent level now, altough he is already average for few games now, and at blame for few goals already.

Sylar

Left flank was getting wrecked way more than the right at times but i don't think he had much help from the wingers.

Brainless foul for the second goal. Yes it's soft and their player was looking for it but you don't give him the invitation to go down.
Yeah the foul was so daft, and he does it so often. Player is going away from goal and he charges in giving the ref a decision to make.

And also agree he wasn't helped. Somebody with brains on our team would just sit on his side for a five or so minute period to get focus away from that side.

The problem I have with Shaw is he doesn't engage well, and think malacia would have done a better job in a game like this

talking robot

Too lazy on defense. He systematically fails to close down spaces he should, and gives away tons of brain dead fouls. I would honestly like Malacia have a run of games. He shouldn’t be in the team right now on this form.

HookedOnAPhelan

He loves talking about how shite the team performed after dropping a stinker doesn't he?

Done with his excuses by now. Either you grow up Luke and start taking responsibility when the going gets tough, or you can feck off to Everton, Spurs or whatever.

Last edited:

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Better footballer than Malacia will ever be but I’m more at ease with Malacia at left back.
That extra 5m he allows the wide man to gain in our half is a big problem. Till he figures has to be at it for 90mins, these sort of performances will never go away but it’s more about how it allows the opposition to push further into our defensive half. By the time he decides to get at his man, they are in our third.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He says yesterday’s performance wasn’t acceptable but he’s been here long enough now to make me think that he does accept it.

Marwood

As talented as he is - and he's incredibly talented - surely we have to say goodbye at some point? We've seen this shite before from Shaw.

I'm not at all convinced he has the mentality to be part of a title-winning team. And his form just keeps collapsing after a great run.
I think its lungs and legs he lacks at times. I don't think he can get up and down the pitch week after week. He's not built for endurance.

Can see him becoming a permanent CB before he's 30.

lex talionis

Shaw wasn't exactly poor, but he offered nothing -- I believe literally nothing -- going forward on a day when his left forward was ineffective.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Far too inconsistent to be our senior starting lb

Oranges038

Now that the contract is secured, it's business as usual.
Standard procedure.

Not his biggest fan, never have been, he's been playing well recently and maybe I thought we'd see some more improvements or even a consistent run of form. But nobody knows with Shaw how he's going perform. That's a problem

He has been having these stinkers too often lately, games where he just switches off, time to give Malacia another run. Might kickstart him again for a while.

Blood Mage

On his day, a superb player and excellent technician. But, he's been a part of three failed regimes now and has never shown the consistency you expect from a world class full-back. So even though I like him I do have some mixed feelings about his contract extension. The same goes for Rashford, he's had a great season but we've just been burned by these guys too many times.

arthurka

It's really tiring seeing him play stinkers game after game, season after season while giving glimpses of what could've been. Congrats on the new contract I guess.

Sylar

Eth said we will know in 24 hours. Seemed like Eth didn't wanna risk it hence the early sub and why shaw could come off himself.

CM

Hope it's not serious. He was playing well tonight before going off, and is one of our few players who can control a football and progress the ball.

Oranges038

You could see he was struggling.

Good move to take him off, hopefully nothing serious.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Just on Shaw - could he be out for a few weeks and what is the injury specifically that he's got?

"Second part of this question, we don't call, it is personal. The first - I don't think in this moment but we have to see how it progresses. I think he can [be] back quite quickly."

So you're not too worried about it?

"In this moment no."

Is it something that could become more problematic, has got the possibilty to be more of a problem?

"Yeah, that, with injuries you have to see over days how it progress and sometimes you underestimate the injury but I think Luke did quite well. He knows his body. He went in the right moment off before he got more damage. In this moment we are quite positive about him returning quickly."

Status
Not open for further replies.