Luke Shaw next move?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It is bewilderingly easy to get in astonishing shape. Not quite as easy as it is to get fat, but close enough.

He has the best of everything available to him. Chefs, nutritionists, money, free time, coaches. I blame the club as much as I blame Shaw. He seems to be monumentally immature. He's a 22 year old child. He'd do well to move into a house with another top professional, eat, shit, sleep fitness and good choices for 3 months, declare himself unavailable for the first team squad until he's fit, then take it from there.

Laziness causes an athlete to look like that. He's easily 7-10kg's overweight for an athlete. You can't put that kind of timber on in 4-5 weeks without a genuine effort. He looks like the average bloke that works out three times a week and drinks beer five times a week. That kind of all over layer of fat. Shoulders, back, arms, legs.

He needs a Charles Barkley clause in his contract extension.

Dear Lord! State of him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It is bewilderingly easy to get in astonishing shape. Not quite as easy as it is to get fat, but close enough.

He has the best of everything available to him. Chefs, nutritionists, money, free time, coaches. I blame the club as much as I blame Shaw. He seems to be monumentally immature. He's a 22 year old child. He'd do well to move into a house with another top professional, eat, shit, sleep fitness and good choices for 3 months, declare himself unavailable for the first team squad until he's fit, then take it from there.

Laziness causes an athlete to look like that. He's easily 7-10kg's overweight for an athlete. You can't put that kind of timber on in 4-5 weeks without a genuine effort. He looks like the average bloke that works out three times a week and drinks beer five times a week. That kind of all over layer of fat. Shoulders, back, arms, legs.

Is that a recent picture?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Is this also a recent pic? He looks bloody ridiculous.

Revan

Assumptionman

Jesus Christ, this is obese. He looks worse than Rooney ever did. If he continues like this, he'll reach Tyson Fury level.

SirAF

Ageist

Jesus Good Lord

Minimalist

I agree with your post in general but I think you mean it's simple to get in good shape (it's not complicated). I don't think it's easy for 99% of people, it goes against natural habits/desires in todays world. Losing weight, getting in shape, it usually fcuking sucks at least half the time you're doing it - it ain't easy.

In the case of Shaw though, as you've said, he has all the advantages the ordinary person in the street doesn't. Mainly that of taking all the time he wants each day to prioritise his training/nutrition.

The Bloody-Nine

Might need another 'tailored' training regime when you arrive back, Luke. Good to see you've learned your lesson.

I'm sure this is down to the manager, the legbreak, bad luck, etc, etc.

Revan

Assumptionman
Kind of crazy but he has been a worse signing than Anderson. Hoping that it doesn't take another 4 years to get rid of him.

Jezpeza

I was an advocate of him getting another chance or a pl loan, but just saw this, I've changed my mind, what a joke.

Footballers nowadays are top athletes and are paid stupid amounts of money to keep themselves fit and in shape. He obviously doesn't care. Give the boy Mitchell a shout and get rid of shaw. Probably fit enough for a league 2 side

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I agree with your post in general but I think you mean it's simple to get in good shape (it's not complicated). I don't think it's easy for 99% of people, it goes against natural habits/desires in todays world. Losing weight, getting in shape, it usually fcuking sucks at least half the time you're doing it - it ain't easy.

In the case of Shaw though, as you've said, he has all the advantages the ordinary person in the street doesn't. Mainly that of taking all the time he wants each day to prioritise his training/nutrition.
It's easy for 100% of able bodied people to get in shape. The mechanics of it. People fall over with the realities. Shaw doesn't have those limitations.

1. Eat well
2. Work out

If you give every overweight person a 100k a week salary, a house with a pool & gym, a chef, chauffeur, a fitness coach, and then tell them they lose the cash if they go over a certain weight I'm confident that the vast majority will be ridiculously athletically fit inside 6 months or heading that way.

Luke Shaw is going to head into pre-season needing a pre-season just to get ready for it. He's an absolute joke. Somethings not right in the lads head. It takes an obscene amount of ignorance and an absolute absence of self discipline to let your sh1t slide to that degree.

I'm fine with his holiday. Go to Ibiza for a month in the off-season, smash some coke, drink all the booze you like. He's still 22. I get it. But drag your sorry carcass out of bed every day, run 10k, swim a little, find some high grade mdma and dance yourself thin. That alone is enough to not pack on weight. It's not like he can't have fun.

Paxi

Quite the contrast to Bailly - who just post constant videos of him on a treadmill.

Paxi

It's easy for 100% of able bodied people to get in shape. The mechanics of it. People fall over with the realities. Shaw doesn't have those limitations.

1. Eat well
2. Work out

If you give every overweight person a 100k a week salary, a house with a pool & gym, a chef, chauffeur, a fitness coach, and then tell them they lose the cash if they go over a certain weight I'm confident that the vast majority will be ridiculously athletically fit inside 6 months or heading that way.

Luke Shaw is going to head into pre-season needing a pre-season just to get ready for it. He's an absolute joke. Somethings not right in the lads head. It takes an obscene amount of ignorance and an absolute absence of self discipline to let your sh1t slide to that degree.

I'm fine with his holiday. Go to Ibiza for a month in the off-season, smash some coke, drink all the booze you like. He's still 22. I get it. But drag your sorry carcass out of bed every day, run 10k, swim a little, find some high grade mdma and dance yourself thin. That alone is enough to not pack on weight. It's not like he can't have fun.

I don't even think footballers party that hard anymore. Most of these guys who are true professionals are teetotal these days.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I don't even think footballers party that hard anymore. Most of these guys who are true professionals are teetotal these days.
I'm not saying he has to do drugs and party. Just making the point that you can get absolutely off your face, drink booze and still not end up with a thin layer of blubber enveloping your whole body.

He's a lazy sh1t with sh1tty friends by the looks of it. Massively overstepping in my assumptions, but you get the feeling his mates are probably happy to see him pick up the cost of yachts, champagne and buffets but would never sit him down and tell him to get his professional sh1t together.

Once more though, it's mainly the clubs fault. If any of my employees were performing as badly at their basic contractual commitments, I'd have fixed those issues or got rid of them inside a year. The club has sat by and watched a kid fail to grow up and look after himself properly. They seem to have done nothing to support that.

Paxi

I'm not saying he has to do drugs and party. Just making the point that you can get absolutely off your face, drink booze and still not end up with a thin layer of blubber enveloping your whole body.

He's a lazy sh1t with sh1tty friends by the looks of it. Massively overstepping in my assumptions, but you get the feeling his mates are probably happy to see him pick up the cost of yachts, champagne and buffets but would never sit him down and tell him to get his professional sh1t together.

Once more though, it's mainly the clubs fault. If any of my employees were performing as badly at their basic contractual commitments, I'd have fixed those issues or got rid of them inside a year. The club has sat by and watched a kid fail to grow up and look after himself properly. They seem to have done nothing to support that.
Fair enough about the bolded part. And I also agree with you completely. :)

MetoTTT

I wonder if this guy has any ambition to be a good pro player left in him!

No profanity

Man that is overweight for a footballre but Obese? You lot must think I'm a sick obese fat feck :(
Haha exactly what I was thinking.. :S Lucky we don't have profile pictures with all these judgmental feckers around :P lol

Murray3007

wow such a fat obese cnut that has no right even being at United as many people were saying. shows what a couple weeks training can do. hes a young lad let him have his time off,

Alabaster Codify7

wow such a fat obese cnut that has no right even being at United as many people were saying. shows what a couple weeks training can do. hes a young lad let him have his time off,
This isn't the point mate - the point is, he times this sh*t to perfection. Just in time for when Jose decides to sell him or not. You mark my words - once that transfer window closes, "upset and confused" Luke Shaw will balloon back to his usual self and sit around doing nothing. Then he'll once again be "determined to prove Jose wrong and fight for his place" around December.....

beergod

This isn't the point mate - the point is, he times this sh*t to perfection. Just in time for when Jose decides to sell him or not. You mark my words - once that transfer window closes, "upset and confused" Luke Shaw will balloon back to his usual self and sit around doing nothing. Then he'll once again be "determined to prove Jose wrong and fight for his place" around December.....
It has happened so many times, he's a classic crash dieter type that gets himself fit then fritters away his gains and then has to restart the cycle all over. It didn't work well for the likes of Rooney/Hatton and shortened their respective careers at the top level. His "influential agent" makes sure he gets maximum coverage every time he is in one of his fit cycles.

meamth

All panic reactions here on caf and he's fit again.

calm down. The fat is gone now haters.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not being funny but that’s a heavily filtered photograph. It’s no reference whatsoever.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Came here to not be a dick. I posted his last chub-rub photo.

I really worry about Shaw. He appears to be such a young 22.

He is not in great shape in the latest photo. I'm not really a big fan of staring at mens physiques but the amount of filtering that's been applied to that photo is just silly.

It suggests to me that he's seen the chubby photos, used it as motivation for improvement, but thought 'fcuk it, i'll add shadows and sharpness to this one to show those guys'. It's a shortcut. It smacks of laziness.

He is undoubtedly slimmer. Improvements have been made. He's still not where he should be though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
With such attitude He'll end up useless by age 28 and in the MLS by age 31. Which kind of defeats the supposed long term benefits of investing on a kid like him in the first place. I'd say we sell him off and add a professional player instead.

Red_toad

It has happened so many times, he's a classic crash dieter type that gets himself fit then fritters away his gains and then has to restart the cycle all over. It didn't work well for the likes of Rooney/Hatton and shortened their respective careers at the top level. His "influential agent" makes sure he gets maximum coverage every time he is in one of his fit cycles.
How long have you trained him or personally got to know him?
Shame you brought Hatton into the thread, as he was suffering health issues and attempted suicide quite a few times. Maybe you need to educate your opinion a tad more.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Came here to not be a dick. I posted his last chub-rub photo.

I really worry about Shaw. He appears to be such a young 22.

He is not in great shape in the latest photo. I'm not really a big fan of staring at mens physiques but the amount of filtering that's been applied to that photo is just silly.

It suggests to me that he's seen the chubby photos, used it as motivation for improvement, but thought 'fcuk it, i'll add shadows and sharpness to this one to show those guys'. It's a shortcut. It smacks of laziness.

He is undoubtedly slimmer. Improvements have been made. He's still not where he should be though.
What you see based on a photo is incredible, are you a psychic? Let's just wait and see once he plays a game.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
How long have you trained him or personally got to know him?
Shame you brought Hatton into the thread, as he was suffering health issues and attempted suicide quite a few times. Maybe you need to educate your opinion a tad more.
OT: I thought Hatton’s depression was in relation to his 2 losses and struggles later on in his career as fame, failure and accessibility to any narcotics took hold. The original quoted post was referencing the crash dieting cycle which Ricky was famous for all throughout his career. To that end, the original quote was correct and while your connection to mental health isn’t entirely unfounded, it’s not wholely relevant either.

tonnas

Shaw has the type of body to get fat and lose his leanness quite quickly even if he pays attention to his diet but have a cheat day twice a week, ona side note, players like sanchez nani etc stay fit all year long without doing as much effort. One has to keep that in mind.