Luton Town in the Premier League? Probably not

colombianmancunian

As a non UK fan: What’s the problem with Milwall and Luton? From what I have read the first has a racist fan base (am I right?), and the second has a terrible ground. But I'll like to know what's the deal with each team.

Superden

some of yous are such snobs. freaking out at the sight of a few terraced houses. im sure you can get prawn sandwiches in luton too. just dont expect it in some foccacia..

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
some of yous are such snobs. freaking out at the sight of a few terraced houses. im sure you can get prawn sandwiches in luton too. just dont expect it in some foccacia..
Luton is a shithole. It’s not snobbish to say that. It’s regularly in the top 3 worst places to live in the UK in just about every list imaginable.

cfkane

Between the two I would like Luton to come up. The thought of Eric Morecambe skip dancing in the afterlife in celebration of his beloved club gaining the top flight kinda makes me smile.

Man-United

Town will be dangerous in the play off. Quite a job they done being better than their bitter rivals Watford.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Regarding Millwall, not for at least another year. Enjoy your summer, cnuts.
Indeed, I called it earlier, textbook millwall. Rowett has actually got a much better side than usual though, not a complete bunch of cloggers.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Happy to see Millwall fail. Luton I have no strong views on - I could be wrong but from what I've heard their attempts to combat racism in the club and particularly to involve their Asian community are significantly more serious than Millwall's.

croadyman

Not a chance Millwall gets through the play offs. I'd actually put money on them dropping out the playoff places, happens nearly every year.

Luton, on the other hand, no one should be forced to go to Kenilworth Road. Absolute dive.
Good call they bottled a 3-1 lead

Fr. Todd Unctious

Am I right in thinking Luton would be the 1st team (in the PL era at least) to be relegated from the Football League re-gain League status and get all the way up to the top flight

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Every episode of 24 Hours In Police Custody there's something going wrong in Luton.

Is it because the show is solely set in Luton? Who can say. Crime utopia? Definitely.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Once I went to a Watford vs Bristol City Fa Cup game because me and a mate managed to get cheap tickets. Watford won and as we came out of the ground there were Luton fans waiting to have a scrap with Watford ones. Bizarre club.

Jeffthered

Am I right in thinking Luton would be the 1st team (in the PL era at least) to be relegated from the Football League re-gain League status and get all the way up to the top flight
If this is a fact, then their promotion to the PL would be an incredible and in my opinion, represent a timely story for the Premiership and wider football. It would be fantastic, on Leicester winning PL levels.

I may appreciate some of the experiences and observations re Luton Town, but I do find some of the comments pretty snobbish and patronising. And regarding the comments on racism amongst their fanbase, where do we want to go with that? There is SO much that can be said on this topic.. let's look at Millwall and Luton, alongside other ongoing matters. Heung-Min Son was racially abused by Chelsea fans only a few days ago.

Not suggesting I have any affinity with Luton Town FC, but they are a small club who have done incredibly, incredibly well to get to where they are. Like Brentford. And Bournemouth. I would love to see them in the Premiership, which would also help bring those pathetic fans into the 21st century.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If this is a fact, then their promotion to the PL would be an incredible and in my opinion, represent a timely story for the Premiership and wider football. It would be fantastic, on Leicester winning PL levels.

I may appreciate some of the experiences and observations re Luton Town, but I do find some of the comments pretty snobbish and patronising. And regarding the comments on racism amongst their fanbase, where do we want to go with that? There is SO much that can be said on this topic.. let's look at Millwall and Luton, alongside other ongoing matters. Heung-Min Son was racially abused by Chelsea fans only a few days ago.

Not suggesting I have any affinity with Luton Town FC, but they are a small club who have done incredibly, incredibly well to get to where they are. Like Brentford. And Bournemouth. I would love to see them in the Premiership, which would also help bring those pathetic fans into the 21st century.
We don't like Chelsea either

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Nice to see Coventry having a shot. Didnt they have some problems recently?
I’d love to see Coventry back in the PL.

I always remember having an abundance of Coventry Panini stickers in the ‘80s and thus my wardrobe door was always plastered in Coventry stickers through my whole childhood!

Always had a bit of a soft spot for them due to that! :lol:

Josh 76

I always remember having an abundance of Coventry Panini stickers in the ‘80s and thus my wardrobe door was always plastered in Coventry stickers through my whole childhood!

Keith Houchen in 87 and all that !

Real Name

Tried to remember which Croatian player played for them and it was Jarni. But he didnt play a single game for them, signed in 1998 then soon after that Madrid bought him. It was some kind of a scheme cause Betis didnt want to sell him to Madrid.

MegadrivePerson

I always had a soft spot for them too.

they always used to be good for a win against Liverpool in the 90's!

poleglass red

everytime I think of Coventry I always get 2 contrasting flashbacks, one is that horrendous injury David Busst sustained against us, and the 2nd is that iconic diving header by Keith Houchen in the cup final v Spurs.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Petr Ndlove, John Salako, Shaw, Dublin, Busst (:() I used to have soft spot for them as a kid. Also every panini sticker pack had a Coventry player in it!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I know nothing about Luton other than having the misfortune of having to use its airport. Awful place.

But surely we're all rooting for Michael Carrick and Middlesbrough, no? He's got them playing great football too, really keen to see how he does in the PL if he can get them promoted.

Peelhead

Once I went to a Watford vs Bristol City Fa Cup game because me and a mate managed to get cheap tickets. Watford won and as we came out of the ground there were Luton fans waiting to have a scrap with Watford ones. Bizarre club.
The airport has a ridiculously long walk to the gate where I have to go. It's like I have to get another flight from security to the gate.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
So, people don't like the Super League because it is elitist and would kill the opportunity for small clubs to fight their way to the top.

A Club then goes from relegated to the Conference League to a potential PL spot in 14 years - with five years of which were spent in non-league football to boot - and now it is 'their ground/town is a sh*thole' and they're essentially a tinpot club.

CAF logic at it's finest.

Telsim

So, Luton are actually playing in the Premier League next season? This is great!

Loon

:lol:
I still remember David Pleat dancing in his slip-ons when they beat City to stay in the top flight (and sent City down).

saivet

So, Luton are actually playing in the Premier League next season? This is great!
They are in the play off final and will play the winner of Coventry vs Boro for a place in the PL.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
So, people don't like the Super League because it is elitist and would kill the opportunity for small clubs to fight their way to the top.

A Club then goes from relegated to the Conference League to a potential PL spot in 14 years - with five years of which were spent in non-league football to boot - and now it is 'their ground/town is a sh*thole' and they're essentially a tinpot club.

CAF logic at it's finest.
Luton are welcome to play in the Premier League as much as they want,

Their town is also the stuff depressions are made of