LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

I'd be more enthused by the apparent end of the philosophy era if Giggs wasn't hanging over things like a fart in church.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Harry Redknapp doesn't hold back:

Manchester United is a club devoid of excitement and Louis van Gaal’s ego has come crashing back down to earth with an almighty bump. United are an average team with average players and the nightmare scenario of missing out on the top four is now looking a genuine possibility.

The supporters have seen enough, they were booing after just 23 minutes of the game against Southampton, and all the attention is on Van Gaal and how much longer he can stay in charge. He has had one big reality check this season and just like with Jose Mourinho, he has discovered that it’s not all about him, it’s about the players. If you’ve got good players it’s the easiest job in the world – but if like United you’ve got average players it’s the hardest.
Manchester United are paying the price for some awful recruitment:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ment-they-have-spent-lots-of-money-badly.html

foolsgold

The Redknapp article is dreadful, it's headlined awful recruitment, but he doesn't point to a single signing he thinks is awful.

Last year with AdM and Falcao, fair enough but everyone else he has signed has been decent enough.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I should've known better than to publish the wise words of Harry Redknapp, despite his son being our manager.

SalfordRed1960

@SalfordRed1960

I've noticed you saying Mourinho's football is as boring as van Gaal. They could not be more different. And I don't mean just in winning matches...well at least last season. Mourinho's football is less passionate than I am used to. His teams are are like well oiled machines. They produce results. The closest I can say is they remind me of the German National team.

van Gaal produces cack.
I am not sure I actually said that. I said I find it amusing that people who are slagging LVG are creaming themselves over Jose. There has not been one team he has managed that has played attractive football. As you say yourself, a well oiled machine. He also has absolutely no history of building or rebuilding a team and certainly has no experience of turning around a club that has lost its identity. He could not even turn the mess round that he created this year. Same goes for Pep in most of that.

R'hllor

I know this is LvG out thread but must say that players not acting like cnuts in this situation,they not doing a Chelsea,i mean no one would say a word against them if they did it. Fans having a go at LvG,they could just tag along,imagine we have Chelsea squad :lol:,they would sit down right after kick off and wait HT.

roykeane19

We are really lucky as with our form this season, I think under normal circumstances the 4th spot would have been almost too far off, its a good thing every other team keeps fecking up, and sadly so do we everytime, so we dont really gain any ground

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I am not sure I actually said that. I said I find it amusing that people who are slagging LVG are creaming themselves over Jose. There has not been one team he has managed that has played attractive football. As you say yourself, a well oiled machine. He also has absolutely no history of building or rebuilding a team and certainly has no experience of turning around a club that has lost its identity. He could not even turn the mess round that he created this year. Same goes for Pep in most of that.
He had 4 months of meltdown. I'm willing to give him a chance. imo he is simply the best manager around.

SalfordRed1960

He had 4 months of meltdown. I'm willing to give him a chance. imo he is simply the best manager around.
His record speaks for itself, but I would still have prefer someone like Simeone or Ancellotti. Saying all that I wanted LVG the first time Fergie said he was retiring. Would have been interesting to see what he could do with squad at that time.
Still think people on here underestimated the work that needed to be done after Fergie left. I was never the most ardent Fergie fan, but he has certainly gone down in my eyes through leaving the United squad in the state it was left. His success will always be respected, but just felt he didn't want to leave the next manager in a perfect place.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
His record speaks for itself, but I would still have prefer someone like Simeone or Ancellotti. Saying all that I wanted LVG the first time Fergie said he was retiring. Would have been interesting to see what he could do with squad at that time.
Still think people on here underestimated the work that needed to be done after Fergie left. I was never the most ardent Fergie fan, but he has certainly gone down in my eyes through leaving the United squad in the state it was left. His success will always be respected, but just felt he didn't want to leave the next manager in a perfect place.
You really believe that? you're in a tiny minority!

Read the delusion vs cock up thread - we are having a good debate about exactly this in there.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/self-delusion-or-monumental-cock-up.413921/page-2#post-18695932

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Why hasnt he been sacked yet? What exactly are we waiting for? I mean even LVG doesn't think he can bring us out of the shit hole he has dug us in. This bullcrap about firing managers isn't a United thing and thats not how we run this club is idiotic. We aren't firing him in August - one month into the season. He has been given plenty and I mean plenty of chances to improve and on top of that LOADS of money to play with. He doesn't deserve anymore time nor money.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why hasnt he still been sacked? What exactly are we waiting for? I mean even LVG doesn't think he can bring us out of the shit hole he has dug us in. This bullcrap about firing managers isn't a United thing and thats not how we run this club is idiotic. We aren't firing him in August - one month into the season. He has been given plenty and I mean plenty of chances to improve and on top of that LOADS of money to play with. He doesn't deserve anymore time nor money.

:D

Esquire

David Gill is the Terry-Thomas to Woodward's George Cole (look 'em up, kids), and even he is distancing himself in a very smart way.

I miss Gill. Devious, but clever.
Read the notes of his interview. Completely agreed, now there's a master operator at work. Maybe Ed needs a couple of lessons from Gill on the Machiavellian way to run a football club.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Read the notes of his interview. Completely agreed, now there's a master operator at work. Maybe Ed needs a couple of lessons from Gill on the Machiavellian way to run a football club.

Do you think Gill was asked to say those things by Woodward to lesson the blow when LVG gets sacked in a few days.

To imply is a collective board decision and not his alone?

Gill could have offered his full support to LVG but he said everything expect that the club was about to sack him.

Funny the interview came right now, also the recent love letter from Mourinho just days after United directors (Gill?!) meeting Guardiola.

Something is definatly cooking right now.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Fergie did not leave a perfect squad. But to say he did that intenionally is uncalled for. I have seen an awful lot of football in my life. I have not seen an intentionally sabotaged effort by a manger so he can have an early retirment until now. This season has been a an exercise in sabotaging the team. In spite of van Gaal's efforts, we were top of the table for a short while. He has now made us a butt of jokes. That is why we need to be rid of him.

Last edited:

Green_Red

Just changed me vite from evaluate at end of season to sack him now. I said during the liverpool game on here before we scored that regardless of the result I was boycotting United until LvG was sacked. Just got on to see the result against Southhapton. feck am I glad I didnt watch that shite. Time for him to go and if we dont have the balls to get rid then we will be lucky to get top 10 this year. If that happens the owners need to gut the management team and feck Dudwood right off too.

Esquire

Do you think Gill was asked to say those things by Woodward to lesson the blow when LVG gets sacked in a few days.

To imply is a collective board decision and not his alone?

Gill could have offered his full support to LVG but he said everything expect that the club was about to sack him.

Funny the interview came right now, also the recent love letter from Mourinho just days after United directors (Gill?!) meeting Guardiola.

Something is definatly cooking right now.
Unless this interview was agreed long in advance, which I doubt, then I'm with you that something is up. How many years was Gill in this business, as either United managing director or FA senior executive, and has given a signifcant interview like this where he expressly (but diplomatically) criticises the performance of the team. I don't know about the timing of this with the Pep rumors as the money is on him joing City, but Gill is too shrewed not to be aware of the fallout his comments would generate at this sensitive time. I certainly do not believe he has not had conversations with Ed on sacking LVG.

Esquire

Just changed me vite from evaluate at end of season to sack him now. I said during the liverpool game on here before we scored that regardless of the result I was boycotting United until LvG was sacked. Just got on to see the result against Southhapton. feck am I glad I didnt watch that shite. Time for him to go and if we dont have the balls to get rid then we will be lucky to get top 10 this year. If that happens the owners need to gut the management team and feck Dudwood right off too.
Can you imagine Moyes right now? He would actually feel vindicated!

Green_Red

Can you imagine Moyes right now? He would actually feel vindicated!
I dont think LvG being shit vindicates Moyes even in the slightest. LvG being shit doesnt make Moyes good, lets not pretend he wasnt shite, he was fecking terrible.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Unless this interview was agreed long in advance, which I doubt, then I'm with you that something is up. How many years was Gill in this business, as either United managing director or FA senior executive, and has given a signifcant interview like this where he expressly (but diplomatically) criticises the performance of the team. I don't know about the timing of this with the Pep rumors as the money is on him joing City, but Gill is too shrewed not to be aware of the fallout his comments would generate at this sensitive time. I certainly do not believe he has not had conversations with Ed on sacking LVG.
If the interview had been organised ages in advance, I'm sure Gill could easily postpone it rather than make statements that would be reported to United fans worldwide.

David Gill is not only a hugely significant person in the clubs history but also still very influential by retaining a seat on the board and being prior boss and mentor of current EV-C Woodward.

And like you say, he never gave that many interviews when he was our CEO, let alone speak so specifically on pure footballing matters.

It's no coincidence that knowledge of Mourinho's strategy document was known to the press just days after the reported Guardiola meeting. I think both were leaked by United to reassure the fans and stock markets that both were still possible.

All these dots are connected and everything Gill said (more importantly did not say) was carefully worded and designed to have an impact. Expect other senior club ambassadors to also distance themselves from LVG in coming days.

It's either Mourinho in before next weekend, or Giggs in next week followed by Guardiola in the summer.

Last edited:

mav_9me

Changed my vote to sack now.

My preference would be poch in summer.

But if that does not look likely, it has to be Jose to replace him now.

No point waiting till summer to see if pep would be available etc etc. ..ask pep now. If he gives any answer other than yes, move on.

Hamadovich86

I think Woodward is struggling, between sacking van Gaal, backing Giggs as full time manager or bringing in Mourinho. Maybe he hates all three options but a decision must be made. It should not get any worse than this so I want van Gaal gone now.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
The biggest problem if you read the fanzines/subscribe to certain forums who have a decent record at getting things right is this-
  • Ferguson/ charlton dont want mourinho as they will further lose control of the club. He wont be a yes man and his high chance of success will mean their influence on things is nullified giving Woodward lot of power.
  • Giggs wants the manager job full time and Sbc And Saf want him to take it as they will have some semblence of control. Gill does not think this should happen.
  • Woodward does not want to look bad on basis of 2 bad appointments. It decreases his stature within the club. It will cost the club money to sack him and that is not something woodward wants to do. There is a forum that also says that woodward has stopped Lvg from resigning 2 times as he wants him till the summer. Lvg's health is adversly affected by the pressure on him.
  • Mourinho wants the job desperately. He even has studied united team and as u might hear in press has identified targets. The only thjng is if gets job now ir at end of season. This is hugely opposed by Sbc/SAF.
  • There is a continuous power struggle at OT , Its like Rock of gibraltar case where fergie went berserk. He dint care who owned jnited back then, he doesnt now.
This is what is being said on various forums and fanzines. I think there is some truth here. How much i do not knw.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I've seen things about SAF/Gill but I can't figure out what the endgame is if that's true. Get Giggs in? And then what, get rid of Woodward so they can control things from behind the scenes? Doubt the Glazers would sign up for that. Just seems odd. Why did they both leave so abruptly if the future of the club meant so much? They left with the Rooney situation a mess, DDG unsigned, much of the squad aging or not good enough and now want to jump back in? No thanks, we need to move on.

Hostekule

The biggest problem if you read the fanzines/subscribe to certain forums who have a decent record at getting things right is this-
  • Ferguson/ charlton dont want mourinho as they will further lose control of the club. He wont be a yes man and his high chance of success will mean their influence on things is nullified giving Woodward lot of power.
  • Giggs wants the manager job full time and Sbc And Saf want him to take it as they will have some semblence of control. Gill does not think this should happen.
  • Woodward does not want to look bad on basis of 2 bad appointments. It decreases his stature within the club. It will cost the club money to sack him and that is not something woodward wants to do. There is a forum that also says that woodward has stopped Lvg from resigning 2 times as he wants him till the summer. Lvg's health is adversly affected by the pressure on him.
  • Mourinho wants the job desperately. He even has studied united team and as u might hear in press has identified targets. The only thjng is if gets job now ir at end of season. This is hugely opposed by Sbc/SAF.
  • There is a continuous power struggle at OT , Its like Rock of gibraltar case where fergie went berserk. He dint care who owned jnited back then, he doesnt now.
This is what is being said on various forums and fanzines. I think there is some truth here. How much i do not knw.
Imagine if this is true.

Silva

I really how that's bollocks, because it's basically the nightmare scenario. Incompetence is easier to forgive than wilful negligence.

Esquire

I dont think LvG being shit vindicates Moyes even in the slightest. LvG being shit doesnt make Moyes good, lets not pretend he wasnt shite, he was fecking terrible.
I said HE would feel vindicated. I didn't say he should be vindicated. I witnessed all the Moyes shit too. In my eyes this season is not any better than Moye's sole season here.

Green_Red

I said HE would feel vindicated. I didn't say he should be vindicated. I witnessed all the Moyes shit too. In my eyes this season is not any better than Moye's sole season here.
Yea you're probably right, he'll look at this and think he was sacked for not getting results and now the replacement is in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.