• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Scorpy said:
Van Gaal himself has admitted he's incapable of turning it
He's been hinting at that for weeks. I reckon there's truth in the rumour that he's wanted to quit a number of times.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He's been hinting at that for weeks. I reckon there's truth in the rumour that he's wanted to quit a number of times.
Woodward thinks he's the supervet, but in cases like this it's better to just put an old dog to sleep rather than watch him suffer.

sugar_kane

The wording seems very final "cannot fulfil them" as opposed to "am not fulfilling them" - if the quotes are accurate that sounds like a resignation right there.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
“I’m very disappointed I cannot reach the expectations of the fans. They have, or they had, great expectations of me, and I cannot fulfil them, so I am very frustrated.”

I'd say so.
Hmm, everything is lost in interpretation with this guy. Does he mean for that match, or in general? I think we all agree that he can't match our expectations, but sometimes it's hard to make sense of what he says due the the language barrier.

Loon

:lol:
David Gill is the Terry-Thomas to Woodward's George Cole (look 'em up, kids), and even he is distancing himself in a very smart way.

I miss Gill. Devious, but clever.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The wording seems very final "cannot fulfil them" as opposed to "am not fulfilling them" - if the quotes are accurate that sounds like a resignation right there.
He means specifically that he is not currently fulfilling the fans' expectations, in my opinion.

SteveJ

Scout
Hmm, everything is lost in interpretation with this guy. Does he mean for that match, or in general? I think we all agree that he can't match our expectations, but sometimes it's hard to make sense of what he says due the the language barrier.
Yep, that's normally true. In this instance, though, I'd argue that he appears to fully understand the 'past-present-future' nature of what he's saying.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Yep, that's normally true. In this instance, though, I'd argue that he appears to fully understand the 'past-present-future' nature of what he's saying.
I guess so -- looks like this is the end, then.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I get the impression the board and Woodward are hanging on for as long as they can so they can get away with dropping Giggs on us.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Mourinho in the summer after Giggs? 3 years too late, but better late than never.
That was the big big balls up wasn't it!

After SAF left, the Glazers should have begged Gill to stay for one more year and appointed Mourinho. Had we done so, I think we'd have won the league the following year and given the monies afforded to LVG, Mourinho would have also transitioned us into a top CL team.

Monumental cock up which may takes a few more years to fully recover from.

SteveJ

Scout
Air of defeatism settles on Manchester United after defeat by Southampton
Louis van Gaal’s future as Manchester United’s manager hangs in the balance again after another dour display that is offering scant hope to fans ~

At the end Ed Woodward stood in the directors’ box with a stunned expression as Louis van Gaal trudged to the tunnel accompanied by jeers and boos. It was the first open revolt inside Old Trafford against the manager and the stifling style he has imposed on Manchester United.

Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, now faces an unavoidable question: is this finally the time to sack Van Gaal?
Smell of Defeat:
http://www.theguardian.com/football...ted-louis-van-gaal-southampton-charlie-austin

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Yeah, it's hard to say due to the language barrier, but I still think he's talking in general. I think he said it after the game, but he clearly acknowledges the fact that he's let the fans down since his arrival.

Loon

In other news, 21 years ago today Cantona kung-fu kicked the Palace fan. Time flies...

I was there that night. Other side of the pitch. We thought he'd just thrown a punch until we got back to the car, put the radio on, and found hell had broken lose...

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
I get the impression the board and Woodward are hanging on for as long as they can so they can get away with dropping Giggs on us.
This would be criminal. Nothing against Giggs, but hiring him would be insane. Even as interim manager.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Air of defeatism settles on Manchester United after defeat by Southampton
Louis van Gaal’s future as Manchester United’s manager hangs in the balance again after another dour display that is offering scant hope to fans ~

Smell of Defeat:
http://www.theguardian.com/football...ted-louis-van-gaal-southampton-charlie-austin
Steve. Please stop spreading these rumours.....and getting these poor lads' hopes up. van Gaal will be with us long after we are relegated.

SteveJ

Scout
Red Dreams said:
Steve. Please stop spreading these rumours.....and getting these poor lads' hopes up. van Gaal will be with us long after we are relegated.
It's Jamie Jackson's fault, chief - he wrote it.*

*With a crayon, probably.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Money would change hands, player would be suspended, but would return. FFS, Suarez has bit, fecking bit, 3 players and he is still playing.
I don't know, what Cantona did was on a different scale. Kung Fu kicked an opposition fan :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I miss the OranjeCafe.
What a hilarious place this was that summer. Leading a side with peak van Persie and Robben to a bronze was characterized as upset of the century. Tactical genius for changing the GK before one of the shootouts. The Spain game. The guy was apparently a miracle worker. How the times change.

SteveJ

Scout
As long as Eric's behaviour didn't threaten the tv deals, he'd be fine. As for the fan though, stewards would throw him into a skip for daring to stand up.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
What a hilarious place this was that summer. Leading a side with peak van Persie and Robben to a bronze was characterized as upset of the century. Tactical genius for changing the GK before one of the shootouts. The guy was apparently a miracle worker. How the times change.
It was a decent achievement, in all honesty. That Dutch side was pretty weak in most areas.

Loon

That defusing tactic of agreeing with criticism to avoid conflict is Customer Service 101. It just seems to buy him more time...

Last edited:

clarkydaz

the boos he had walking off followed by cheers for the players would make any workplace untenable. the fans have decided

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
In the same interview, when journalists seem to imply that he has done a poor job even after spending 250m , Louis goes for the net spend defense arguing that he has not read anywhere about the number of player's we've sold.

He's a rawkite!

And he sounded desponded, but he didnt sound like someone that would walk. Rather , he sounds like someone waiting for an inevitable sacking (be it now or in the Summer), but that will continue in the job otherwise. He's said many times now that the decision is not up to him.
To me, it appears the English press almost want him to resign and have built up this narrative before. I expect to see him back at work on Monday and a lot of fans wont take this well.

Loon

He lost the press with his attack on Neil "I can't get to my regular gym sessions to maintain that Ryan Reynolds physique people have always associated with me, because..." Custis.

The boot is in.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
He lost the press with his attack on Neil "I can't get to my regular gym sessions to maintain that Ryan Reynolds physique people have always associated with me because..." Custis.

The boot is in.
Forget the press, he's lost the supporters.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
@SalfordRed1960

I've noticed you saying Mourinho's football is as boring as van Gaal. They could not be more different. And I don't mean just in winning matches...well at least last season. Mourinho's football is less passionate than I am used to. His teams are are like well oiled machines. They produce results. The closest I can say is they remind me of the German National team.

van Gaal produces cack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.