LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyH1

Might as well wait for the day after the FA Cup final. I've wanted him gone for a while now, but firing him before such a game seems classless to me.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Might as well wait for the day after the FA Cup final. I've wanted him gone for a while now, but firing him before such a game seems classless to me.
Why's it classless? He's completely failed as manager, doesn't seem to take much responsibility for doing so and will probably go just afterwards anyway.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I would love LVG to show some balls in the last game. It is likely Bournemouth don't field a lot of first teamers now with some going on holidays. ANyways they won't be motivated. Field a very attacking side- 4-1-5 sort of formation. Try and score 7 or 8 at least. The worst we finish 6th the best 5th so not exactly a difference for us
He will never do this.
His target would be to score 1 goal, whether against Aston Villa or Leicester.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He will never do this.
His target would be to score 1 goal, whether against Aston Villa or Leicester.
And thats why everyone hates him. After 37 games, our goal difference is 12. In any ideal case it would have been atleast 25. All we would have needed was a 6 goal win, which although very difficult, wouldn't have been impossible.
In games that no longer matter, I feel its better to try a new thing and fail than do the same boring thing and still fail

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Even if we win the FA cup I think this is without doubt the worst season I have faced as a United fan, this is way worse than the Moyes season and atleast we got a sacking before the end there but this has just been painful all the way. We are such a badly run club that I am now really starting to believe that Lvg could actually keep his job

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
And thats why everyone hates him. After 37 games, our goal difference is 12. In any ideal case it would have been atleast 25. All we would have needed was a 6 goal win, which although very difficult, wouldn't have been impossible.
In games that no longer matter, I feel its better to try a new thing and fail than do the same boring thing and still fail
The saddest thing is that when the Agueroo moment happened I felt that our gd wasn't so bad and so we were unlucky but this season I genuinely believe that even +12 flatters us . There has been hardly any game where I felt after the game that we could have scored a few more today. I remember 2 months back we played back to back home games against Villa & Palace who were both in terrible form and we basically just sneaked through in both with absolutely no urgency

Oneunited26

When the season ends, and if we win our last game it will sum up VG's football on why he did not deserve the top 4. When we just about beat villa 1-0, its reasons like that on why we did not deserve the top 4. Even when we take 4 pts of city and they had no fight left in them, and we still failed the top 4

Natener

I wouldn't advocate sacking him with just these 2 games left, but consider this... there's a good chance he could be lifting the FA Cup trophy. Leaves a very sour taste to cheer that after what we've suffered under him.

The Hungry Surgeon

That is damning, and we have 2 less than Sunderland!

Scoring has been a huge problem all season for us, truth is we don't deserve to be near top 4 with a goals scored tally for the season that's sandwiched in between Newcastle and fecking Sunderland.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Top 4 was the absolute minimum expectation by anyone and everyone associated with the club. He has failed to achieve even that, and given the fact that he had near limitless resources at his disposal, all the while being backed up by some of the best coaching staff on the planet, his position at the club is now entirely untenable. There really is no other way in which to look at the situation - LVG and the club simply must part ways.

Assuming the board are in a generous mood and are prepared to give him the option, plus the fact that LVG is a man of pride and character, I will be expecting his resignation sooner rather than later which will at least allow him to walk away with his dignity in tact. Which in my humble opinion is more than his failed regime deserves.

Still, with that said, I'm not sure I agree with those of you wishing him sacked before he is allowed to lead the club out at Wembley. I think personally that would be petty and overly harsh. Lest we forget it was - and still is - his team that reached the final. To deprive the man of his one last hurrah would be unbecomming of a club such as ours. He got us here and thus deserves to see it to the end. And then, win or lose, he should promptly resign.

Here's hoping!

Gatti33

Even if we win the FA cup I think this is without doubt the worst season I have faced as a United fan, this is way worse than the Moyes season and atleast we got a sacking before the end there but this has just been painful all the way. We are such a badly run club that I am now really starting to believe that Lvg could actually keep his job
Agreed with everything said there.

1. Worse than moyes's season? It has been by far. At least under moyes we had shown some glimpses of a fighting spirit through out the season (Olympiakos at home, Bayern at home). To add to that moyes didn't spend £250m. This season even when we win we play terrible and the players/staff look disinterested.

2. Is the club badly run? From a commercial side no but from a footballing point of view absolutely. I would go as far as to say fergie may have stayed another season had Gill of stayed. I reckon he knew how spineless and useless Woodward is and got out on a high whilst he could.

3. Will LVG be kept beyond this season? If he wins the FA cup it wouldn't surprise me if Woodward kept him on. The silver lining if he does get kept on is that he will fail again and that could cost Woodward his job, imo he's the problem. Be it he leave United completely or has certain responsibilities taken from him!

Oneunited26

I wouldn't advocate sacking him with just these 2 games left, but consider this... there's a good chance he could be lifting the FA Cup trophy. Leaves a very sour taste to cheer that after what we've suffered under him.
He is a spiteful personality, and its one of many reason's why he does not work here. He is so blind by his own arrogance, he can't see what he has done has been wrong, so he blames everyone but himself. He is like William Bligh from the bounty, despite everyone telling him how suicidal it is to go around the horn, he does it other wise, so the crew have no chance but to do a mutiny, and that happens 3 times under Bligh. That is VG for you, a hostile spiteful person who can't see he has been wrong, so he thinks pundits are to blame if he is sacked

1. Worse than moyes's season? It has been by far. At least under moyes we had shown some glimpses of a fighting spirit through out the season (Olympiakos at home, Bayern at home). To add to that moyes didn't spend £250m. This season even when we win we play terrible and the players/staff look disinterested.

2. Is the club badly run? From a commercial side no but from a footballing point of view absolutely. I would go as far as to say fergie may have stayed another season had Gill of stayed. I reckon he knew how spineless and useless Woodward is and got out on a high whilst he could.

3. Will LVG be kept beyond this season? If he wins the FA cup it wouldn't surprise me if Woodward kept him on. The silver lining if he does get kept on is that he will fail again and that could cost Woodward his job, imo he's the problem. Be it he leave United completely or has certain responsibilities taken from him!
I agree on Woodward, he is a joke of a chief executive, and that joke had rubbed off the running of the club, chasing unicorns, and being anything but smart in the transfer market

Last edited:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

The cup final result will have absolutely zero impact on the decision to sack him or keep him at the club. He has failed to reach the minimum expecations for the season and will be out of the club before long. I'd put my house on it.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

Scoring has been a huge problem all season for us, truth is we don't deserve to be near top 4 with a goals scored tally for the season that's sandwiched in between Newcastle and fecking Sunderland.
Thats nit.Van Gaals fault though. He requested Neymar, Bale and Muller and got nothing. If only we had these three playera we would comfortably finished 4th.

Kinder bueno mode off

ravi2

an awful lot of us do not want to see him lead out the team at Wembley.

should be a an occasion to remember. Now we will will always remember how he failed the club...even if we win the cup.
It taints the occasion for him to lead our team out for the final.
I wish this season was over already, Jose cant get here fast enough.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

Even worse is the fact that our lack of goals has been almost solely down to our playing style. LVG has employed a safe, uninspiring style that lends itself to not conceding goals instead of scoring them, and we've paid the price. Perhaps LVG hasn't been given the best attacking unit to work with, but this side should've been capable of getting into the upper 50's at a mimimum. Below 50 is completely embarrassing.

Manny

Grammar Police
It would be. For all his feck ups, he did get us to the final so he should be allowed to see it out.

His tenure will show one CL qualification and possibly an FA Cup in two years and that will be embarrassing enough. No need to embarrass him and ourselves further by sacking him before the final.

ravi2

It would be. For all his feck ups, he did get us to the final so he should be allowed to see it out.

His tenure will show one CL qualification and possibly an FA Cup in two years and that will be embarrassing enough. No need to embarrass him and ourselves further by sacking him before the final.
Nothing embarrassing about sacking him before the final, the only embarrassing thing is that he was allowed to continue as manager for this long.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

Meh, he's had an easy run. The only two remotely difficult games have been West Ham and Everton, but even then, they're games that the club would typically be, and even now were, expected to win. He's avoided any teams above us in the league, and avoided any top flight teams until the quarter finals.

ravi2

Thats nit.Van Gaals fault though. He requested Neymar, Bale and Muller and got nothing. If only we had these three playera we would comfortably finished 4th.

Kinder bueno mode off
I sometimes wonder if he was a real person or a mod winding us up

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I sometimes wonder if he was a real person or a mod winding us up
LOL.
There is also a guy called Twigginator...he has been created from the same stuff as Santiago/Kinder. I believe they are the same person.
Santiago has conveniently vanished.

Natener

Is there going to be another press conference tomorrow? Would love to hear what he says about this 18 goals we need.

Oneunited26

LOL.
There is also a guy called Twigginator...he has been created from the same stuff as Santiago/Kinder. I believe they are the same person.
That is allot of hard work to get onto the main forum, to have 2 accounts. People must have a certain state of mind to think VG should be kept on, lol. Maybe those guys are the acception lol

izec

LOL.
They are different though. They both have unusual opinions and points of vuel, but one likes van Gaal, the other just dislikes Mourinho. Twigginator is a United fan through and through though, just that he is also a bit too romantic and has a bit different opinions.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm actually going to celebrate when he gets sacked. It's going to be the best moment of the season for me, that's how much he annoys me.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
For some reason I keep thinking that we won't sack van Gaal even if it doesn't make sense to keep him on.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
For some reason I keep thinking that we won't sack van Gaal even if it doesn't make sense to keep him on.
I agree. I wont be surprised if he retired after winning yet another 'major' honour (the FA mug)

RikRuud

I'm interested to hear his thoughts now it's pretty damn unlikely to qualify for the CL.

"It ish not impossible we have to shcore just 19 golsh and we can do that but it is not so easy"

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
`
I'm interested to hear his thoughts now it's pretty damn unlikely to qualify for the CL.

"It ish not impossible we have to shcore just 19 golsh and we can do that but it is not so easy"
I can imagine that too. After the game he would probably blame the referee and the fact that he couldn't use Fellaini

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If Ed Woodward keeps the man who had us scoring less goals than Sunderland in the Premier League campaign, there's going to be some crazy backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.