LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Another season without CL! I can't believe we did not make it despite it City being so poor. If you read these articles and our stats it's even worse. All I can hope is that we find a top manager and players even though we're not in the CL

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

You can never really know how things would have gone but it's an interesting point.

Mister_Stubbs

You can never really know how things would have gone but it's an interesting point.
I remember saying at the beginning of the season LVG decision to drop DDG would cost us, hindsight is a wonderful thing but it's been proven seeing as DDG has won us points rather than lost us many.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

While I agree with the sentiment that De Gea shouldn't have been dropped, and he does save us points.

I don't agree with the notion that dropped points there, somehow 'cost us' the extra point we needed to finish fourth.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction and all that, and there's so many more factors to consider.

prath92

This is crazy. We could attribute this to any other game de gea played. De gea made a mistake vs Bournemouth with their first goal too, a game we lost 2-1. We were 2nd after 4 games too so we lost it way after that

bonsaiboy

Hindsight doesn't work like that. You can't pick and choose what might have happened, because there were many other possible outcomes. For example, of the four EPL games that Romero played we won 2, drew 1 and lost 1. If DDG had played we *might* have lost or drew the ones we won, or we might have won the one we drew, etc. It might also have been the case that if he'd played, DDG might have suffered a season-ending injury and we'd be much worse off than we are now (or not). Perhaps LVG dropping DDG for a few games might have given him the determination to make a name for himself here; conversely it might have been enough to push him out the door this summer.

mu77

MAN UNITED: Winning the FA Cup shouldn't save Louis van Gaal following a season of dire football and wretched results, culminating in failure to qualify for the Champions League for the second time in three seasons since Sir Alex Ferguson left. -- Scott Patterson

Taxx

And we haven't even won the FA cup yet! It's not 100% certain we will. But regardless, he will and must go.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
And we haven't even won the FA cup yet! It's not 100% certain we will. But regardless, he will and must go.
Silver lining to losing the cup would be yet one more reason to justify his sacking... not that we need any more mind. Still, you never know with our board, you wouldn't think its beyond one or two of them to think lifting a trophy is a sign of progress.

spwd

If we win the cup, I'd expect his resignation or whatever to be announced the day after the bus parade, if we don't then any later than Monday and I'd guess he's staying :(

SammyUnited_83

If we win the cup, I'd expect his resignation or whatever to be announced the day after the bus parade, if we don't then any later than Monday and I'd guess he's staying :(
There would be a bus parade for the FA Cup?!

spwd

There would be a bus parade for the FA Cup?!
I'm sure pan face would want one but you know what I meant, there will be celebrations of some sort and we wouldn't announce it until after that, otherwise we might as well do it before.

SammyUnited_83

I'm sure pan face would want one but you know what I meant, there will be celebrations of some sort and we wouldn't announce it until after that, otherwise we might as well do it before.
Don't disagree.

Didn't think the FA Cup merited a parade myself, though noticed Arsenal had one last year.

Kaos

It'll be fecking small time if we held a parade for the FA Cup. I'd expect it from Wigan but considering we sometimes never bothered after winning titles this would really cement our huge drop in standards.

iKeano

Probably shouldn't have dropped De Gea against Swansea... Fine margins and all that
Probably shouldn't have coached all the attacking instinct out of every forward player we have & then lament the 'lack of fast attacking forwards'.

I've said it before, Van Gaal is so stubborn he's the type of person that would insist on wearing wet socks & then bemoan the fact that he has cold feet.

Truly can't wait to see the back of the man and fall back in love with football.

midnightmare

Someone should probably write to Ed (I've written him a few times to vent) reminding him of April 15, 1912 (Hope I have the date right). Nothing is "too big to go down" if the captain doesn't stop heading full speed towards disaster. I can only hope that all the noises about LvG staying are just balderdash. The man is taking the club down to ridiculous depths at horrifying speed. I can't imagine Fergie ever sanctioning a freaking parade for an FA Cup win in a season where we finished 5th / 6th with <50 goals and just 63-66 points. It beggars belief that fans can envisage this situation now and think it may be normal. It reflects just how far we've fallen...and how fast, since our last league title was just 3 seasons ago. We've gone from winning titles and being accused of being "ordinary" while doing so, to being one of the most tedious teams to watch in all Europe (we've scored 2 fewer than Sunderland FFS) and relying on a freakishly easy draw to get to the finals of the FA Cup (not counting it as a win just yet, given recent "performances", specially when the games have mattered).

I'll never stop hoping we win...and even if the clown stays in charge, I'll hope we can do well, but each day we refrain from sacking him, a small (but increasingly large) part of me withers away and dies...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If we win Palace, and we bloody should, they're worse than us, then it will probably be dressed up as early retirement. He'll still be going, and he will be pushed, but we'll spin it as if all parties parted amicably. In reality i can see Van Gaal being dragged off the premises by security whilst screaming at Woody "I don't believe you can sack me. We made good charnses!"

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It'll be fecking small time if we held a parade for the FA Cup. I'd expect it from Wigan but considering we sometimes never bothered after winning titles this would really cement our huge drop in standards.
We always had parades after the F.A. Cup, it's just that we have become a bit snobby.

acrebo

Surely more likely that the MEN sources don't know. I'm 99% sure that there will be senior figures at the club beyond the Glazers and Ed that know what the plan is for the coming week/s.

chicha14

I really do fear keeping him at the club.. I cannot watch another season of this crap football...

If we were playing well and were unfortunate with certain results and injuries etc, it would be a different story, but we are bang average and have been saved by De Gea endless times.

so initially Van Gaal said he needs 3 years to challenge, are we challenging next season then? Pre season comes and we just automatically start playing good football?

not buying any of that

Kaos

We always had parades after the F.A. Cup, it's just that we have become a bit snobby.
Under very different circumstances, ie winning doubles/trebles and remaining at the apex of English football.

Holding an FA cup parade after finishing 5th - 7th in a season where Leicester feckin City have won the league and we've amassed a mighty total of 46 goals is embarrassingly small time.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe fans should keep the club in the dark if they renew their season tickets, there is just no direction at this club, only when the next coin roles into their bank account
Why should they make it public before they need to?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

How many times did Fergie drop an important player to prove a point that the team is more important than a single player? I had zero qualms about that whole fiasco, it helped us tie him down to a contract so he doesn't leave for nothing and we get a return on our investment. We were top of the league including the Romero howler and all in November. Putting that single point down to our inability to qualify for Europe is a fine example of the benefit of hindsight.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
If he had any decency he would do the right thing and step down after the FA Cup final.

Crustanoid

We should only have a bus parade if LVG is sacked. Whether we win or lose the final is irrelavent

NJM78

We should only have a bus parade if LVG is sacked. Whether we win or lose the final is irrelavent
I think there will be scenes like at the end of Return of the Jedi (the version with all the fancy added scenes) if we sack van Gaal.

Status
Not open for further replies.