g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

If we had 19 shots he would say something like if they all went in we'd be 4th so what more do you want.

Not that we'd ever have 19 shots of course.

Natener

Its well and truly over. I think he will admit to that as any sane person would
"It shall be difficult. Scoring many goals is unrealistic. I think 5% possession shall be 1 goal, we can keep 95% possession and win the race."

pauldyson1uk

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has lambasted former club legends for their divisive rhetoric as the catalyst for supporter's criticism of him and his team, reports the Mail Online.

The Dutchman has endured an indifferent season, having failed to mount a credible title charge and exiting the Champions League at the group stage, despite spending upwards of

£250m on new players, although the team do have an FA Cup final to look forward to next Saturday.

http://www.90min.com/posts/3208864-...-legends-who-want-to-see-him-gone?a_aid=35975

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Same for me, just like it was with Moyes.
It's actually worse than Moyes for me. I hated that he was our manager, but he should have never gotten the job. Van Gaal is different, he just pisses me off with everything he does or says. Can not stand him, at all.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I'd pay money to see him sacked now, would be a real feck you to him as he was looking forward to get that cup win in England so he's able to say he's won everywhere he went.

Taxx

Can't believe he thinks that Rio and Scholes are the problem here. Jesus Christ. That's not really why we were against him, was it now?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's actually worse than Moyes for me. I hated that he was our manager, but he should have never gotten the job. Van Gaal is different, he just pisses me off with everything he does or says. Can not stand him, at all.
You could see Moyes was floundering, but it was our fault for offering him the job and you could not blame him for taking it. This clown thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread, so I have no sympathy. If he had any pride he would have gone. His reputation is sinking by the minute.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd pay money to see him sacked now, would be a real feck you to him as he was looking forward to get that cup win in England so he's able to say he's won everywhere he went.
He'd be monumentally cross, it'd be brilliant to watch.

C'est Moi Cantona

Thing is of course Van Gaal will do everything possible to deflect the blame from himself, he is a proud man who has had great success in his career, and it is sad to see his career end (hopefully) like this, I just hope we can look back one day and say he left us something to hang our hat on, be it the FA cup, the kids he has been forced into playing, dropping Rooney as striker, or his 30 foot fences, just something, becasue it is sad to see a manager like him been hounded (and rightly so) out of his last club.

With hindsight I wonder if he wishes he never came here, yes he is richer, but his legacy will be tainted forever now, he just needs to go with dignity and humility, enjoy his retirement, and forget this ever happened.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Woody has his fingers crossed we win that cup - I don't think he wants to have to deal with a sacking - LVG is a scary man and Woody doesn't like conflict.

Kag

The hysterics in here. Van Gaal is still the manager and he will be until the end of the season. We decided that in December. Let him win this trophy, let the players give their all, and see how things unfold over the coming weeks.

He's on his way, he knows he's failed (in spite of his bravado) and has looked ready for that Portuguese villa of his for months. I've got no shame in admitting that I still like Van Gaal and appreciate his efforts in a job I've been guilty of underestimating. But, ultimately, his time here has been a failure and he needs to leave. And he will. Happy days.

Taxx

There's just no way he'll be allowed to continue now. There is just no way. It would be unprofessional neglect of the highest order if he would stay. There's just no way it would happen; the fans would be out with the boos the second things went bad again, but this time much worse. There's only so much we can take.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I can easily wait to the final but probably not one week more. New manager will need time to appoint staff then come out with a solid transfer plan not to mention calibrating everything to new tactics.

It'll take time so make a decision to part ways or board should just admit that Manchester United is Louie van Gaal's club but at least we'll know where are we standing, even if it's up to here in bullshit.

Mister_Stubbs

The way some on Twitter making it sound like the fa cup is a sure thing. I'm not confident going in to any game with this bloke in charge. A defeat and surely there is zero chance he'll be here next year. A win and I fear the board will keep him.

NJM78

The way some on Twitter making it sound like the fa cup is a sure thing. I'm not confident going in to any game with this bloke in charge. A defeat and surely there is zero chance he'll be here next year. A win and I fear the board will keep him.
It's also what I'm thinking. I've actually sunk so low that I think a defeat might not even get him binned. Surely not though.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
"It shall be difficult. Scoring many goals is unrealistic. I think 5% possession shall be 1 goal, we can keep 95% possession and win the race."
Dude, if he says that I will eat my hat.
That would be insane!
:lol:

Silverman

Glad the Bournmouth game is on Tuesday. Would be ridiculous having it after the Cup final. I think LVG will be gone by next Monday evening.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I went to a shrine yesterday in Nikko, Japan, and they had one for sports. I thought of buying some to help us but they only had a couple of hundred left.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I went to a shrine yesterday in Nikko, Japan, and they had one for sports. I thought of buying some to help us but they only had a couple of hundred left.
I have been going to a mandir and praying for lvg to get sacked and jose to be appointed soon. Now i wait to know if god exists or not.

prateik

We should request the FA to have the Bournemouth game at their ground..
Then we'll just need to win 10-0 to secure 4th spot.. away goals and all that

iKeano

The hysterics in here. Van Gaal is still the manager and he will be until the end of the season. We decided that in December. Let him win this trophy, let the players give their all, and see how things unfold over the coming weeks.

He's on his way, he knows he's failed (in spite of his bravado) and has looked ready for that Portuguese villa of his for months. I've got no shame in admitting that I still like Van Gaal and appreciate his efforts in a job I've been guilty of underestimating. But, ultimately, his time here has been a failure and he needs to leave. And he will. Happy days.
Strongly disagree

Natener

I have been going to a mandir and praying for lvg to get sacked and jose to be appointed soon. Now i wait to know if god exists or not.
I have been smearing walls with goats' blood and praying to the satanic altar in my room for LVG to get sacked. I was told in my last ritual that I will be spared LVG speech at yesterday's final game. Now i think the devil's just fecking with me.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
The journalists covering United have changed tone in recent weeks. They've gone from "how long can LVG stay, will the fans revolt, is it good enough?" type of articles and pieces to outright calls for him to be cut. That's a major step because they generally aren't the type to take risks or put themselves on the line too much if they think he's sticking around. He's going and I'm sure it's been known for a very long time. Woodward stuck by in December, wrongly, when we could have salvaged the season. But long before the West Ham loss it was clear that this wasn't ever going to turn around. To stick by any longer, FA Cup or not, would turn all focus on Ed and he certainly doesn't want that right now.

Rob Bowman

Here is a nice article...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ouis-van-gaal-has-failed-at-manchester-united

Nowhere Left to Hide: Louis van Gaal Has Failed at Manchester United
By Sam Pilger, Featured Columnist May 16, 2016
Manchester United’s painful and grossly disappointing season.

But, of course, it isn’t over just yet.

Manchester United still have to play a meaningless game againstBournemouth at Old Trafford this week after Sunday’s game was abandoned following a security scare.

There will be nothing at stake, nothing to play for in this fixture, just more anti-climax and disappointment.

The last remaining UEFA Champions League place has disappeared over the hill in the possession of a spluttering Manchester City side.

United will go through the motions in their rearranged fixture against Bournemouth knowing they are destined to slum it in the UEFA Europa League as a season-long punishment.

Should United win this final game it will mean they have missed out on the Champions League by goal difference, an apt symbol for where they have so obviously failed this season: scoring goals.

The statistics are damning of manager Louis van Gaal and his stale approach.

In Sir Alex Ferguson’s final season at Old Trafford, United scored 86 goals in winning the Premier League title, but this slipped to just 64 under David Moyes, and 62 in Van Gaal’s first campaign.

Dave Thompson/Getty Images

This season Manchester United have scored a barely believable 46 goals in 37 games under Van Gaal, two less than Sunderland, who narrowly avoided relegation, and just two more than Newcastle, who were sucked into the Championship.

This will be United’s lowest goals total since the 1989/90 season when they finished 13th and flirted with relegation by finishing only five points clear of the bottom three in the table.

There is a rich seam of statistics to cast Van Gaal in an unfavourable light—it all feels far too easy—but where the Dutchman has so resoundingly failed is more in how he has made United fans feel about themselves and their club.

Strangely, but almost understandably, there was a large contingent of United fans who have greeted the failure to reach the Champions League with some degree of relief because it should spell the end of Van Gaal’s tenure at Old Trafford.

There was a fear that by sneaking into the top four Van Gaal could save himself and remain at United for another season.

Julian Finney/Getty Images

Imagine that, United fans actually pleased not to reach the Champions League, but this is the Van Gaal effect.

Many United fans can barely remember feeling so detached from the club, so ground down have they been by the uninspiring football they have had to endure this season.

Even wiser and older fans who expected a period of adjustment, and some lean years post-Ferguson, were not prepared for such a slump and such a departure from the club’s attacking traditions.

The season finished for many United fans as early as last December when United were on a winless run of eight games, which included four consecutive defeats, their worse run for more than a quarter of a century since that dreaded 1989/90 season.

Even though United’s season remained alive throughout most of 2016, and they were still able to win the title, a Champions League place, the Europa League and the FA Cup, United fans had already given up on Van Gaal and wanted the season to end.

All hope had been extinguished. The narrative was Van Gaal had failed, and he has not been able to alter that.

United did not appoint him and invest £250 million in new players to finish fourth, and either fifth or sixth.

Van Gaal’s public utterances—and his attempts to justify these failures—have also become increasingly desperate and only served to open him up to further ridicule.

Mike Hewitt/Getty Images

Two weeks ago, on the same night Leicester City were confirmed as champions after Tottenham Hotspur’s draw at Chelsea, Van Gaaldeclared he was still one of the world’s best coaches.

Leicester had embarrassed him, proved this patently not to be the case, and yet he could still not grasp the reality of his monumental failure.

Moyes paid for his own failure to reach the Champions League with his job, and it remains highly likely that the same fate will befall Van Gaalin the week after the FA Cup final.

If United were to lift the FA Cup at Wembley, it would make for an awkward departure, but it is one that cannot be avoided.

In 1990, an FA Cup victory was enough to save Ferguson, but these are different times; United have since won 13 Premier League titles and have vastly different expectations.

When he was appointed, there was a creeping fear among United fans that Van Gaal was yesterday’s man, a relic of the 1990s, long past his coaching prime.

An impressive run to the World Cup semi-finals in Brazil with the Netherlands temporarily assuaged these fears and saw him arrive at Old Trafford with a revived reputation.

But the last two years have seen those initial fears painfully realised: Van Gaal is yesterday’s man and now deserves to be consigned to yesterday by Manchester United.

Dante

Average bang
Sacking LvG will only cost £5m.

The bomb refunds will amount to about £3m. I don't know why we don't just get rid of the fecker, when we're evidently so cash rich.

Treble

I'd be very surprised if we won the FA Cup. Despite having top top players in DDG and Martial. LVG will find a way to lose.

togg

If Ed did decide to keep LVG, then he would have to extend his contract. As Fergie said, biggest mistake he made was announce his retirement early the first time. He saw that the players lost motivation, effort. Then as soon as he u-turned, the results improved greatly. Fergie knows this and would say something. You can't have a manager in charge at the beginning of the season with the certain knowledge he'll be leaving at the end of the season. It will be disaster.

Easier option - get rid - big thanks after winning the FA Cup and then Ola Jose.....

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
If Ed did decide to keep LVG, then he would have to extend his contract. As Fergie said, biggest mistake he made was announce his retirement early the first time. He saw that the players lost motivation, effort. Then as soon as he u-turned, the results improved greatly. Fergie knows this and would say something. You can't have a manager in charge at the beginning of the season with the certain knowledge he'll be leaving at the end of the season. It will be disaster.

Easier option - get rid - big thanks after winning the FA Cup and then Ola Jose.....
This makes sense just look at City after they announced Pep was coming in.

I really hope the board have an agreement in place with LVG that he's a gonner.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The journalists covering United have changed tone in recent weeks. They've gone from "how long can LVG stay, will the fans revolt, is it good enough?" type of articles and pieces to outright calls for him to be cut. That's a major step because they generally aren't the type to take risks or put themselves on the line too much if they think he's sticking around. He's going and I'm sure it's been known for a very long time. Woodward stuck by in December, wrongly, when we could have salvaged the season. But long before the West Ham loss it was clear that this wasn't ever going to turn around. To stick by any longer, FA Cup or not, would turn all focus on Ed and he certainly doesn't want that right now.
Jamie Jackson was on Talksport yesterday morning and he admitted that every United fan he has spoken to want LvG gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.