LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riz

I actually think the club would avoid sacking LVG before Chelsea for exactly that reason. Only 2 days between the games as well, sacking him then wouldn't really be worth it.
Yeah you either get him in immediately as in this week or wait until after the Chelsea game. The last thing we'd want if he was to join would be a home defeat to Chelsea, would put us and him under pressure immediately. Having said that if it were to happen and we won..:drool:

Mutter Merkel

fate tied with LVG
I feel sad for LVG to be honest. I think he's position is almost untenable now.

I was happy to see the back of Moyes, but after hearing LVG at the post-season dinner last season I really felt that he was going to be the man to get us back to the top. It's really gone horribly wrong for him and I'm not sure he can redeem it now. This would be a sad end to his managerial career.
Exactly. I've had so much ambivalence in the last two months. It's shocking how ambivalent I am about this. If I were the guy in charge, I honestly couldn't sack him, especially after his last press conference. I just wanted to give him a hug and give him 100 million for the January window.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Exactly. I've had so much ambivalence in the last two months. It's shocking how ambivalent I am about this. If I were the guy in charge, I honestly couldn't sack him, especially after his last press conference. I just wanted to give him a hug and give him 100 million for the January window.
Thank god you are not in the board then :eek: He brought this on himself. So I do not feel sorry at all. Why did he fix what was not broken. We were fine last season (2nd half anyways). The guy has lost his marbles.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
http://www.theguardian.com/football...hester-united-job-jose-mourinho-pep-guardiola

Some guesswork from Jamie Jackson. In the first paragraph he's impying that Van Gaal won't be sacked yet and will have to avoid defeat in the next two games to stay in charge, but in the second paragraph he's saying the groundbreaking ''If the Dutchman is still in place late on Monday evening, he can expect to take the side for Saturday’s trip to the Britannia Stadium'', which shows that he doesn't know shit.

Bojan11

Ladyman has said he could go before Stoke. Mourinho and Giggs are top of the list on who could replace him.

RORY65

http://www.theguardian.com/football...hester-united-job-jose-mourinho-pep-guardiola

Some guesswork from Jamie Jackson. In the first paragraph he's impying that Van Gaal won't be sacked yet and will have to avoid defeat in the next two games to stay in charge, but in the second paragraph he's saying the groundbreaking ''If the Dutchman is still in place late on Monday evening, he can expect to take the side for Saturday’s trip to the Britannia Stadium'', which shows that he doesn't know shit.
Ogden has also said he's gone if we lose to either Stoke or Chelsea and Ladyman saying basically the same thing (if not earlier).
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...united-lose-to-stoke-or-chelsea-a6780771.html

Mutter Merkel

fate tied with LVG
Thank god you are not in the board then :eek: He brought this on himself. So I do not feel sorry at all. Why did he fix what was not broken. We were fine last season (2nd half anyways). The guy has lost his marbles.
How has he lost his marbles? I don't agree with his selection policy and many of his tactical decisions in games, but he certainly hasn't lost his marbles.

I like Van Gaal and wanted him to be a success. I think he was in his first season, and I think he could have been this season.For whatever reason, things have not worked out. Up until a couple of months ago I was convinced he was the right man, so realising he probably isn't and reaching a point where his sacking seems imminent, I have nothing but disappointment. This is not like the season we sacked Moyes for me.

Sam

I really don't get this whole '2 games to save his job' nonsense. What exactly are two more games going to prove?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's one of those stupid things that boards and fans suggest, if you actually believe that the man in charge can lose the next games and that it will be enough to sack him then sack him now, because you already lost faith in him.

RORY65

Two 0-0 draws to save his job then. Piece of piss.
Well that's the thing, it's difficult to know if there's any nuance to it. If we play really well in both games but lose the Chelsea one I'd be more open to keeping than I currently am or I would be if we played as we have been but scraped a couple of results. It seems like it might be the case given they were briefing the press a couple of weeks ago that they considered Van Gaal a "genius" because we were still in the Champions League and near the top of the league with no recognition for the poor quality of performances or the likelihood that results were bound to drop off given the way we've been playing.

Winrar

you're blinded by sentimentality, which is exactly what got us into this mess, first up with appointing moyes.

I didn't want things to end this way either, but if it's clearly not working we must cut our losses and move on.

Devil may care

That's one of those stupid things that boards and fans suggest, if you actually believe that the man in charge can lose the next games and that it will be enough to sack him then sack him now, because you already lost faith in him.
Exactly, I mean what if he gets 4 points from those 2 games and then loses the following 2? Football has to be bigger picture than that, either you believe he's the man for the job come thick or thin, of you cut the rope and get someone new in.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wasn't there a time when similar reports were around Fergie (pre-success) ?

RORY65

They've been briefed then? Tbh, I only find Ladyman to be credible.
Looks that way, every back page has him on the brink and at least 4 with the specific 2 games to save his job. Every indication is that Mourinho is waiting, the Sun claiming contact has already been made.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
How has he lost his marbles? I don't agree with his selection policy and many of his tactical decisions in games, but he certainly hasn't lost his marbles.

I like Van Gaal and wanted him to be a success. I think he was in his first season, and I think he could have been this season.For whatever reason, things have not worked out. Up until a couple of months ago I was convinced he was the right man, so realising he probably isn't and reaching a point where his sacking seems imminent, I have nothing but disappointment. This is not like the season we sacked Moyes for me.
It was obvious Moyes was out of his depth. van Gaal's football has got most supporters feeling suicidal. The worst part is we are not getting results. The tast two matches were also devoid of any sensible tactics. Sorry I am getting furious thinking about them. I have seen United lose matches badly because we had poor teams. But to use a team that I still believe can win the title to play and lose like this is disgraceful. I dont care about his past achievments. I am not interested in his excuses. He has either completey lost it or has sabotaged the team's performances. Get Rid.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Looks like he won't be sacked before the Stoke game. Utter disgrace if true, but yeah, let's wait until we feck our season up even further and then take action.

Sam

Looks like he won't be sacked before the Stoke game. Utter disgrace if true, but yeah, let's wait until we feck our season up even further and then take action.
Well, thats what we did with Moyes.

Waited until the season was unsalvageable before getting rid.

Woodzy

So say we scrape a win against Stoke and Chelsea, but go on to lose the next game, with lifeless football inventively being present throughout all three... What would keeping him charge have achieved? We have seen enough, and I don't see the reason for delaying it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Surely pure guesswork from the press. Let's just ignore 18 months of failure if he flukes a win against Stoke. Everything will be alright again.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Well reading all the reports, it seems the club isn't considering Giggs as a full time option with Jose and Pep available. Sensible decision.

Ixion

I'm sure Mark Hughes will be happy to oblige getting a United manager sacked.

Mister_Stubbs

What's the point in waiting? We've already lost our last 3, something outrageous like 4 wins in 16 is it? Let's wait and see what happens in the next two tricky games shall we.. Smart move board. He should actually have already been sacked and the new man in charge long enough to get the team ready for the Stoke game. We are run by complete morons we really are.

Mutter Merkel

fate tied with LVG
you're blinded by sentimentality, which is exactly what got us into this mess, first up with appointing moyes.

I didn't want things to end this way either, but if it's clearly not working we must cut our losses and move on.
I am not blinded by sentimentality; I am obviously not the right man to make these decisions because I'd be hopeless. It's not up to me, and if he is sacked, I will not complain about it. I am just ambivalent. I want him to go, and I want him to somehow turn it around at the same time. The January window and Klopp's Liverpool losing again has made me question the wisdom of sacking the manager right now.

saivet

I really don't get this whole '2 games to save his job' nonsense. What exactly are two more games going to prove?
The players may have fully learned how to implement the philosophy.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
"Van Gaal will in all likelihood be sacked if United fail to get anything from Stoke City on Boxing Day and could even go before then."

That's from Ian Ladyman's article. We should sack him tomorrow and get Mourinho in ASAP. What's the point in waiting to see if we can beat Stoke fecking City? We've just lost to two newly promoted sides and have hardly created a chance. Enough is enough. I can't stand to see another United game with van Gaal in charge.

Riz

Football is too volatile to place a manager's tenure on the result of 1 or 2 games. He could fluke wins in both or we could play excellently and lose due to poor refereeing. If it's got to that consideration stage then it's already too late and we should take action immediately. The only reason for keeping him on now is that we haven't got a replacement lined up or finalised just yet.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think they have already decided to sack him. The two game nonsense is just an excuse to make a decision on how we move foward. They will want tow peak to Guardiola and Mourinho before deciding how soon they sack him.

Sam

"Van Gaal will in all likelihood be sacked if United fail to get anything from Stoke City on Boxing Day and could even go before then."

That's from Ian Ladyman's article. We should sack him tomorrow and get Mourinho in ASAP. What's the point in waiting to see if we can beat Stoke fecking City? We've just lost to two newly promoted sides and have hardly created a chance.
We've also managed just 4 wins in the last 16.

But hey, its the next two matches that really matter! Win those and everything is fine :wenger::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.