LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Surely would be on their Twitter (it isn't)?
Said I wasn't sure, just a lot of people saying that they saw the reporters talking about it on TV. What the general feeling is that if he is to be sacked it'll be tomorrow when the NY stock exchange opens (how many times have we heard that old gem?)

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Ancelotti has already gone and I hope that we don't miss out on Jose/Pep because we are delaying things.
If we could get a deal done with Pep (if he hasn't already signed for MCFC), I wouldn't mind LVG staying till the Summer, but I feel that we are not making deals with anybody.
I think the board are just sitting on their hands hoping for things to improve.
We have lost 3 in a row, but even before that, we struggled to score goals. Surely, the board can see that scoring 1 goal/game is not right, for any club, let along MUFC?

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Ancelotti has already gone and I hope that we don't miss out on Jose/Pep because we are delaying things.
If we could get a deal done with Pep (if he hasn't already signed for MCFC), I wouldn't mind LVG staying till the Summer, but I feel that we are not making deals with anybody.
I think the board are just sitting on their hands hoping for things to improve.
We have lost 3 in a row, but even before that, we struggled to score goals. Surely, the board can see that scoring 1 goal/game is not right, for any club, let along MUFC?

Pep is as good as gone too.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Does anyone know if Matt Critchley is reliable?

http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/19/manch...-24-48-hours-believes-matt-critchley-5575926/

Manchester United may sack Louis van Gaal in the next 24-48 hours, believes beIN SPORTS reporter Matt Critchley.

The Red Devils lost 2-1 at home to Norwich on Saturday and many United fans immediately started calling for the Dutch boss to get fired.

And, according to Critchley, their wishes may be the granted after he suggested there’s set to be movement at Old Traffordover the course of the weekend.

‘It does feel as though something big could be about to happen in the next perhaps 24-48 hours. We wait to hear from the club,’ Critchley told beIN SPORTS.

‘The club are saying nothing at this stage – officially – but Van Gaal was very despondent after the game.

‘He was saying things like, ‘it’s not up to me now’… Just a few weeks ago was he very sure that he had the backing of the board.’

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Think beIN Sports reported earlier in the day that there could be some big Manchester United news over the next 48 hours, but they haven't a clue.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I wont lie... I do find all the post-Sir Alex uncertainty a little bit exciting/fun in a way. :drool:
We're getting two decades of 'regular fan experience' rolled into two years.

El Zoido

I feel sad for LVG to be honest. I think he's position is almost untenable now.

I was happy to see the back of Moyes, but after hearing LVG at the post-season dinner last season I really felt that he was going to be the man to get us back to the top. It's really gone horribly wrong for him and I'm not sure he can redeem it now. This would be a sad end to his managerial career.

PieCrust

I don't get why people keep saying he's wasted money. Herrera, Shaw and Martial are fantastic players. Blind represents very good value for money. Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger have made decent starts and will surely only get better, and the same with Memphis, who people really just expected far too much from. The jury is still out on Rojo and Darmian, sure, but neither were particularly expensive and both, especially Darmian, could easily go on to became good value for money.

di Maria is the only obvious permanent signing that went wrong, and it's not LVG's fault his house got burgled (well, he PROBABLY had nothing to do with it), which had a big impact even if LVG using him as a striker was quite baffling.

There are plenty of things to criticise LVG for, I don't see his signings as one of them.
Herrera is so over rated by United fans it's ridiculous. He's a good player, but he's not some world beater that everyone makes him out to be. LVG has made some good signings, but none have been up to the quality that is expected at United. Now, I'm willing to give a pass to most of them since it's clear that LVG handcuffs the players with his "philosophy" and doesn't allow them to play at their best level. Which is why in the end, LVG will be gone sooner rather than later; he just refuses to adapt.

But to go on about "value for the money" transfers, isn't something we should be proud of at United. We should be looking for top players that come in and perform with little to no excuses. Talking about players like Rojo and Darmian as good signings is almost embarrassing as, although they aren't bad players, they aren't up to the level that United should be expecting. We shouldn't be looking for value signings, but rather players that can come in and have impact.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Does anyone know if Matt Critchley is reliable?

http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/19/manch...-24-48-hours-believes-matt-critchley-5575926/

Manchester United may sack Louis van Gaal in the next 24-48 hours, believes beIN SPORTS reporter Matt Critchley.

The Red Devils lost 2-1 at home to Norwich on Saturday and many United fans immediately started calling for the Dutch boss to get fired.

And, according to Critchley, their wishes may be the granted after he suggested there’s set to be movement at Old Traffordover the course of the weekend.

‘It does feel as though something big could be about to happen in the next perhaps 24-48 hours. We wait to hear from the club,’ Critchley told beIN SPORTS.

‘The club are saying nothing at this stage – officially – but Van Gaal was very despondent after the game.

‘He was saying things like, ‘it’s not up to me now’… Just a few weeks ago was he very sure that he had the backing of the board.’
Unless he's clued in in some way, that just reads as his opinion.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nah, United don't act that fast. I don't see it happening as quickly as some expect.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I wont lie... I do find all the post-Sir Alex uncertainty a little bit exciting/fun in a way. :drool:
Ha. Me too. Under Fergie, I'd turn up or tune in and just think "right, let's twat this lot so I can carry on doing other things". Just an air of expectancy and certainty of success. If we lost, I knew we'd put it right next week.

These days, it's a total lottery which United is going to turn up for a start. It could either be great or shite, with no middle ground. It's been bonkers since that Moyes pre-season. It's a right laugh, in a hilariously miserable sort of way.

hobbers

Don't think there's any chance of it happening at all until early January. So 3 matches to save himself. Can see his perennial bogey team Swansea being the final nail after 0 shots on target at Stoke and a complete derailment against a rejuvenated Chelsea under Hiddink.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Don't think there's any chance of it happening at all until early January. So 3 matches to save himself. Can see his perennial bogey team Swansea being the final nail after 0 shots on target at Stoke and a complete derailment against a rejuvenated Chelsea under Hiddink.
He's lost the fans so I'd say he could be a goner should we lose to Stoke. I'd imagine Sky are frothing at the possibility of Mourinho's Manchester United facing Chelsea on December 28th...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There is an unfounded rumour about United and Mendes being in contact but that's not true the Diario Noticias just wrote that with Woodward and Mendes being close, and Mourinho's "admiration" for the club, it wouldn't be a surprise if both parties meet in the near future.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Will be frantically refreshing my twitter feed at around 9am tomorrow morning. The Moyes announcement came on a 9am on Monday.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
BIEN sports supposedly reporting LvG has been sacked, can't confirm anything at the moment.
Shout Family to come look at computer all excited, only to have hopes dashed and myself look a fool!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
he may be sacked, or he may be in charge for the next 2 games, or until the end of the season

Sh!t article.

hobbers

He's lost the fans so I'd say he could be a goner should we lose to Stoke. I'd imagine Sky are frothing at the possibility of Mourinho's Manchester United facing Chelsea on December 28th...
I actually think the club would avoid sacking LVG before Chelsea for exactly that reason. Only 2 days between the games as well, sacking him then wouldn't really be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.