g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
They're likely learning from the press finding out before Moyes was sacked. So I hope, and not keeping him any longer.

Cmz'

Every newspaper running with it indicates Woodward has been briefing again, probably to try and appease the fans whilst they sort everything out with Mourinho/Giggs/whoever comes in next. If that goes well I'd guess he'd be gone even before Stoke.

devil in me

I don't see the point in the board saying 'lose to Chelsea or Stoke and you're out'. If they're giving him that ultimatum, then they obviously know that he's not the right man. Not losing to either of those will just prolong the inevitable. If they're considering getting rid if we lose to Stoke, then just get rid now.

Ixion

We have had injury problems, if we were to get some players back and win the next two games I can see how it would give us something to think about.

His biggest problem I think is simply the style of play. We could win the next two but unless we see a vast improvement in attacking quality the fans will continue to get on his back, they have been vocal about it for months now, for us to attack more and shoot more but nothing changes.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We have had injury problems, if we were to get some players back and win the next two games I can see how it would give us something to think about.

His biggest problem I think is simply the style of play. We could win the next two but unless we see a vast improvement in attacking quality the fans will continue to get on his back, they have been vocal about it for months now, for us to attack more and shoot more but nothing changes.
That team yesterday was easily good enough to at least put in a decent performance vs Norwich or scrape a draw.

Sam

I don't see the point in the board saying 'lose to Chelsea or Stoke and you're out'. If they're giving him that ultimatum, then they obviously know that he's not the right man. Not losing to either of those will just prolong the inevitable. If they're considering getting rid if we lose to Stoke, then just get rid now.
Exactly.

Get someone in before those games and we might actually be able to win them and pick up what could be valuable points.

Wait it out, lose them both and then sack him...and at the end of the season, those 6 points could turn out to be crucial, and the different between CL football or not.

Boycott

It's a shame it's come to this. Would rather he stay if it meant Guardiola in the summer. Don't want Mourinho.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Every newspaper running with it indicates Woodward has been briefing again, probably to try and appease the fans whilst they sort everything out with Mourinho/Giggs/whoever comes in next. If that goes well I'd guess he'd be gone even before Stoke.
The delay is not because they are thinking of sacking him. The delay is ironing out the details of Morinho taking over.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think we'll wait until top 4 has all but gone before sacking LVG and putting Giggs in charge for a short while.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Two dominant wins would certainly give me renewed faith in fairness
Surely two more games will not undo 18 Months of mediocrity? Unless of course he ditches his philosophy, process and unshackles the players. Players will also need to be provided with some magical elixir of confidence.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Don't like these rumours of him avoiding defeat in the next two or he'll be sacked. His problems run a lot deeper than winning the next two games ffs. He has to go. Simple.

Summit

I think we'll wait until top 4 has all but gone before sacking LVG and putting Giggs in charge for a short while.
Why would we make that same mistake again? The worst thing we did was waiting for Moyes to turn it around when we all know he wouldn't.

The Law of Denis

Do these, x amount of games to save his job, ultimatums ever work out? Surely there are players who hate him who will not be putting in maximum effort.

Ladyman, Jackson and Ogden all reporting the same thing right now.

C'est Moi Cantona

Well that's f**kin harsh on the fans over Christmas, wanting is to drop points just to get shut of him.

To me if he suddenly magics up two wins in our hardest fixtures for ages then I'd be asking serious questions about what he's been up to for the last six weeks.... Some how don't see those questions coming though.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Don't like these rumours of him avoiding defeat in the next two or he'll be sacked. His problems run a lot deeper than winning the next two games ffs. He has to go. Simple.
Agreed on the has to go bit, bit I think the rumours are probably true. Don't think the board is keen to sack him just yet -- he'll get another game or two. I'm torn, because if we win I'm convinced we'll just be flattering to deceive and LvG stays in charge, which longterm, is not good. If we lose... well, I don't want us to lose, but it would mean good bye van Gaal.

Boycott

Same here but it seems we have no choice unless we want to risk everything on Giggs. A very depressing situation.
Ancelotti isn't starting work until the summer. Emergency loan..........?!

Summit

Agreed on the has to go bit, bit I think the rumours are probably true. Don't think the board is keen to sack him just yet -- he'll get another game or two. I'm torn, because if we win I'm convinced we'll just be flattering to deceive and LvG stays in charge, which longterm, is not good. If we lose... well, I don't want us to lose, but it would mean good bye van Gaal.
So lets say he wins those games? It changes nothing, all it proves is he can win against stoke and a Chelsea team currently sitting in the bottom half of the table. I don't like why his job would hinge on these next two games? Is it ok to not lose the next two, but lose the third?

Ultimatums like this being set are because there is something clearly wrong! Time to get rid and move on, his ways are not for United.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
So lets say he wins those games? It changes nothing, all it proves is he can win against stoke and a Chelsea team currently sitting in the bottom half of the table. I don't like why his job would hinge on these next two games? Is it ok to not lose the next two, but lose the third?

Ultimatums like this being set are because there is something clearly wrong! Time to get rid and move on, his ways are not for United.
Dunno, but it would be typical of us to give him a few more games. Not saying I agree with it, but I think it's what will happen. We don't want to be seen as a sacking club, despite the fact that sacking van Gaal is actually the correct thing to do in this situation.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
There is no player bar Smalling who looks better now than when Van Hall joined. Memphis made a good start and has gone backwards, Darmian made a great start and has gone backwards, he's coaching the life out of these players. Last season you can add Di Maria to the list

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Just imagine a manager saying to a striker, "if you don't score in the next two games, I sell you".

In my opinion that's bs, he is either already sacked or the board still trust him and the next two games aren't particularly significant.

Sam

If that happens all it will do is confirm the complete incompetence of the United board.

Hopefully we'll act fast while we still have a chance of landing a good replacement.

spwd

they aren't announcing anything because, it won't even be in their minds to sack him yet,

He's here for a fair while yet my friends
We're one point better off this season than we were under Moyes after 17 games. The only difference is everyone else has been crap as well unlike the moyes season.
Exactly, he's as bad as Moyes if not worse having spent a QUARTER OF A BILLION POUNDS!
Get that into your heads a quarter of a billion pounds and were worse than when he started and have a lot thinner squad!

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Winning the next two games won't change the fact that we're going nowhere under Van Gaal. At least for me. Our last win was exactly a month ago and we're on the back of a CL exit and two defeats against fecking Bournemouth and Norwich. Even without the injury problems, our ''football'' is beyond dreadful and we're not exactly getting the positive results that would at least justify the pragmatic, negative, boring style of play and the whole fecking philosophy.

I don't understand why would the board delay the inevitable by allowing Van Gaal to feck our season up further. It'd be moronic, but sadly I can see it happening.

Sparky Rhiwabon

If that happens all it will do is confirm the complete incompetence of the United board.

Hopefully we'll act fast while we still have a chance of landing a good replacement.
A new manager would need to be in for the start of the Jan window at the latest

pjaya

Why would we make that same mistake again? The worst thing we did was waiting for Moyes to turn it around when we all know he wouldn't.
Agreed it would be sucidal for a club like Utd to repeat the same mistake again

Sam

Giggs should feck off too. Been a part of two failed management teams
It would be utterly amazing if, having been part of two failed management teams, both of whom have been sacked...he ends up with two promotions out of it :lol:

MrSingh2002

Looks to me like theyre going to give him the january transfer window to make things right. Probably a pointless exercise as its not the players that are the major problem, barring Rooney of course.

Winrar

I am not blinded by sentimentality; I am obviously not the right man to make these decisions because I'd be hopeless. It's not up to me, and if he is sacked, I will not complain about it. I am just ambivalent. I want him to go, and I want him to somehow turn it around at the same time. The January window and Klopp's Liverpool losing again has made me question the wisdom of sacking the manager right now.
I wanted him to be successful at united, too. but do you see that ever happening? because I don't.

200mil+ spent and 1 point improvement over the moyes season after a year of given license to do whatever he needs to do with the team? that's bloody woeful. (and things are really bad if an american is using the term "bloody" to describe our current situation)

spwd

4pm tomorrow hopefully, if not, then the cretins above him need to go too!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
These ultimatums are always stupid IMO. If you're considering it, then he's clearly been a disappointment in all aspects. What is one good result going to change? The question the board should ask is who will get better results. Mourinho, or Van Gaal? There's a clear and obvious winner there, and so we should change managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.