LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoManU

I have absolutely no idea what is happening at our club but I truly believe the headlines for tomorrow have already been written. LVG has already been told his fate.

mattsville

Mourinho is the manager we need, big personality for the size of the club, proven in the PL, give him the January window, though unlikely to sign anything of significance, but let him get used to the club and squad for the rest of the season so we will be set for next year.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Mourinho would be excellent here. I think the whole league wants us to either stick with LVG or appoint Giggs. The idea of Mourinho at United with all that money to spend is hardly something for our rivals to celebrate. They're desperate for us not to "sacrifice our principles" and get him, which tells you all you need to know.
I think he would win us trophies,its his antics that concerns me.

stubie

I think he would win us trophies,its his antics that concerns me.
If he altered his ways as a person and a manager (in terms of promoting youth and football that is pleasing on the eye) then I say let's do it.

Otherwise I'd take the risk of waiting for Pep even if it meant Giggs until May again.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If he altered his ways as a person and a manager (in terms of promoting youth and football that is pleasing on the eye) then I say let's do it.

Otherwise I'd take the risk of waiting for Pep even if it meant Giggs until May again.
Guardiola already knows where he is going, there is no waiting here. It's either a new sabbatical or he already agreed with a club.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What the hell is the point of giving him 2 more games? Even if we were to win both, there's every chance we could start losing again afterwards. Either sack him now (preferably) or give him the vote of confidence.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
What the hell is the point of giving him 2 more games?
Fair play if that's the scenario all the reporters are going with; otherwise, I'd think it was a tactic by them to ramp-up the drama of our forthcoming games.

Arytonblue

Emerald Isle (Paddyland for the uncultured swine)
I'd like to be optimistic and say that the club will do what's needed as soon as possible and replace Van Gaal but I just have this feeling of dread that they don't see it as most United fans appear to. When I think back to 13/14 it's just utterly baffling how long it took us to turf out Moyes, late April FFS. By any top club's standards he should have been gone in December after the back to back home losses to Newcastle and Everton, or the home loss to Tiny Tim's Spurs at the very latest with the transfer window still open. There's the positive aspect in that perhaps it was Fergie protecting him and that no longer applies but even still, the same people who delayed sacking Moyes are the same ones here today. For the sake of not just the season but the club's future I hope he's gone by tomorrow afternoon. won't be holding my breath though.

Tyrion

I don't think he deserves that, the man has tried his best with all his heart but it just wasn't enough. I bet he didn't sleep a minute after those boos:(
It's modern football. People make it personal if they're team isn't doing well.

Ancelotti besides Milan hasn't been long term at any clubs. It has been two seasons max with other clubs.
Pep hasn't either. I think the days of long term managers are over.

Bojan11

Woodward wasn't happy when the press leaked that Moyes was sacked and he was made to look bad because nobody at the club told Moyes.

Maybe he's doing the opposite this time.

Phil

Genuinely think Woodward should get some other commercial role if it's his decision and LVG isn't sacked this week.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Woodward wasn't happy when the press leaked that Moyes was sacked and he was made to look bad because nobody at the club told Moyes.

Maybe he's doing the opposite this time.
Yeah, it'd be nice if it was done respectfully; unlike at Chelsea, where he'd be sat on the bog, reading a piece of toilet roll with "YOU'RE FACKIN' FIRED, ME OLD CHINA" scribbled on it.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think they have already decided to sack him. The two game nonsense is just an excuse to make a decision on how we move foward. They will want tow peak to Guardiola and Mourinho before deciding how soon they sack him.
This.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ogden said if he loses against Stoke or Chelsea he goes.

Ryan7

I now see the same look in LVG that I saw in Mourinho days before his sacking. Resigned, defeated, deflated.

He actually is a dead man walking, I kind of feel sorry for him. He doesn't deserve to go out like this. Surely he should resign and keep what's left of his dignity and reputation. He simply hasn't evolved with the game.
I've given him tons of stick but that video makes me feel sorry for him. He does look so down and glum. I have far more respect for him than I did Moyes.

---

Just seen these, sorry if posted already. Makes for awful reading.

Sam

Could you see LVG dragging Utd through the Mud like Jose did,his carry on at Chelsea was pretty shocking.
LVG has had plenty of high profile, and very public, falling outs with players and staff Ajax, Bayern and Barca.

I could well see it happening again if he stays and things keep getting worse.

Sam

I've given him tons of stick but that video makes me feel sorry for him. He does look so down and glum. I have far more respect for him than I did Moyes.

---

Just seen these, sorry if posted already. Makes for awful reading.

Utterly disgraceful.

I don't really know how many more stats are needed to see this man has to be sacked. Regardless of games against Stoke and Chelsea. At this rate we'll be lucky to even get a shot on target against them, never mind a win.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Style of play that's utter garbage: check
Garbage results: check
Constantly spouting bullshit and cringe worthy excuses that remind everyone of Moyes' time at the club: check
Make watching United a burden rather than joy: check
Make the fans celebrate a shot on target as if we'd just won the Champions League: check
Make us a laughing stock: check

Yeah, I feel really sorry that he had to endure some boos from the fans.

ZDwyr

Would Ogden even have any solid information? I mean I could just as easily say if van Gaal loses against Stoke and/or Chelsea he will get sacked. It's common sense really.

Utd7

Not sure if it's been posted yet but according to the Telegrpah, he has the next two matches to save his job. If we fail to win either against Stoke or Chelsea, he's out.

Someone

Something
The ultimatum itself makes it hard for him to win those games, you have a squad of unhappy players and you think they'll do whatever it takes against stoke to keep van gaal in his job?

It'd have been better to back him, at least then we might have salvaged something from those games, but with ultimatums we won't get anything, ultimatums are only for a dead man walking, get it over with, and maybe we could get a reaction from the players, a point could make a difference come may.

PvsNP

Would Ogden even have any solid information? I mean I could just as easily say if van Gaal loses against Stoke and/or Chelsea he will get sacked. It's common sense really.
Ian Ladyman tends to be reliable though.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Herrera is so over rated by United fans it's ridiculous. He's a good player, but he's not some world beater that everyone makes him out to be. LVG has made some good signings, but none have been up to the quality that is expected at United. Now, I'm willing to give a pass to most of them since it's clear that LVG handcuffs the players with his "philosophy" and doesn't allow them to play at their best level. Which is why in the end, LVG will be gone sooner rather than later; he just refuses to adapt.

But to go on about "value for the money" transfers, isn't something we should be proud of at United. We should be looking for top players that come in and perform with little to no excuses. Talking about players like Rojo and Darmian as good signings is almost embarrassing as, although they aren't bad players, they aren't up to the level that United should be expecting. We shouldn't be looking for value signings, but rather players that can come in and have impact.
If the only two of his signings who are still here you think aren't good enough are Rojo and Darmian, then that's still a pretty impressive record in the transfer market.

And given that Darmian actually looked very good at the start of the season I'd say it's far too early to write him off as being not up to standard. As I said before, with Rojo, I'd tend to agree he isn't particularly good (so why you think I said he was a "good signing" I don't know), but I can see why people think he might be a good squad player if he can overcome injury problems.

Hojoon

The ultimatum sounds like we've already made our decision and prefer to give our new manager an easier start than two tough fixtures. Plus, it gives us more time to negotiate a contract for the new man.

ravi2

I have a feeling José would win us the league. He could be a great manager for us if given the chance.
Mourinho is the manager we need, big personality for the size of the club, proven in the PL, give him the January window, though unlikely to sign anything of significance, but let him get used to the club and squad for the rest of the season so we will be set for next year.
It is a massive stroke of luck for us that Jose is available when we need him most
(He should have been given the job after SAF but that's another conversation)

I hope Woodward and our board do not make the same mistake twice, we are definitely at a fork in the road here.

Utd7

Honestly, the more I think about it...the reports of Louis needing a result against Stoke or Chelsea to keep his job doesn't make sense. If we hypothetically lose against Stoke on Boxing Day, you mean to tell me he would get sacked and Jose would be brought in when there's a match against Chelsea in less than 48 hours? From a practical standpoint, it wouldn't make sense to have a managerial change during this busy and condensed holiday schedule. We play 3 matches in less than a week. Making a change in the middle of that is a recipe for disaster. Personally, my belief is if the board has lost confidence in LvG which they should, then make the change tomorrow. At least that would give Mourinho time to oversee practice for a few days to get the team ready.

pseudo_canadian

Honestly, the more I think about it...the reports of Louis needing a result against Stoke or Chelsea to keep his job doesn't make sense. If we hypothetically lose against Stoke on Boxing Day, you mean to tell me he would get sacked and Jose would be brought in when there's a match against Chelsea in less than 48 hours? From a practical standpoint, it wouldn't make sense to have a managerial change during this busy and condensed holiday schedule. We play 3 matches in less than a week. Making a change in the middle of that is a recipe for disaster. Personally, my belief is if the board has lost confidence in LvG which they should, then make the change tomorrow. At least that would give Mourinho time to oversee practice for a few days to get the team ready.
Agreed, and that has pretty much been the general thinking since the briefing of this "ultimatum" situation - it just doesn't make any sense. I believe they have already made their decision, Woodward is probably hammering out the finer details of moving LVG out and getting Mourinho in.

I think it's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.