LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esquire

Still want him gone but too happy to complain about him. Herrera sub was good. Rugby pulled Barkley and the assist for the winning goal!!!

Red Stone

The team saved his arse today. He seemed like he wanted to lose that second half.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Players still clearly fighting

He never has lost them IMO

I hope the next man doesn't break up the trio of rash / martial / Lingard

Those 3 will be his legacy. For all the criticism Lingard gets I still thought he linked uo superbly with the other two at times

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
His interview was funny but he's completely correct the only reason Everton were in the game was because of the ref

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
See, I wouldn't pushed to wanting him sacked if the results were the same but the entertainment value was like it was today. Nice to actually see some quick passing and movement, in the first half anyway.

His reluctance to make certain substitutions in the second half contributed to the pressure we were under. It was almost like one of our centre midfielders was an ageing 35 year old and the other was a player who had just came back from a long injury.

Man-United

We play so much more fun with this 4141 formation. I hate 4231 and hope we never see it again at United.

The United

You can call it luck but the man likes to come out of a winner whenever he has all the pressure. Hopefully, he gets FA cup and top 4th for us next season. Then, his job with us will be decently done.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Players still clearly fighting

He never has lost them IMO

I hope the next man doesn't break up the trio of rash / martial / Lingard

Those 3 will be his legacy. For all the criticism Lingard gets I still thought he linked uo superbly with the other two at times
It will have to be broken up if we have higher aims than fighting for 4th

Orange

It was a standard LVG game. Score a goal and become passive bystanders, losing all control.
Ah, another poster who likes to bend the truth just to have a dig at LVG. Today we lost control for 10 minutes only after Everton being given a penalty. We then regained control until Smalling's own goal. In the end he made the winning sub. There is enough you can complain about, but not today.

Sir A1ex

Ah, another poster who likes to bend the truth just to have a dig at LVG. Today we lost control for 10 minutes only after Everton being given a penalty. We then regained control until Smalling's own goal. In the end he made the winning sub. There is enough you can complain about, but not today.
No, he's partly right. The way we seemed to just cave in as the match went on was horribly familiar. But for once, we had a sudden Fergie moment instead of an LVG one at the end, so you're right that it's not the time to be complaining!

togg

Hey...give LVG some slack here. He made a great sub and has got us to a final. Do I want him to take us forward, no....but I don't dislike him as a character, personality and I would love him to retire winning something with us. He actually deserves it after what he has achieved, surely.

VP

I was getting incredibly frustrated by his, and the general coaching staff's, nonchalance as we were getting rinsed in the second half. I've yet to see a top manager so incredibly passive while his team struggles. We won despite him rather than because of him.

Phil Osophy

I missed some long possessions with 1-0 during the second half. Everton were all over us and we needed to add some control and freeze the game. Two years training the philosophy and we still can't keep the ball when we really need it. Apart from that it was a good match. Positive play from the start, taking risks and allowing movement. A joy to watch.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I was getting incredibly frustrated by his, and the general coaching staff's, nonchalance as we were getting rinsed in the second half. I've yet to see a top manager so incredibly passive while his team struggles. We won despite him rather than because of him.
As has been the case all season long to be fair.

Give this talented bunch of players a ambitious, progressive, forward thinking manager and we will see a transformation in our fortunes.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
You can call it luck but the man likes to come out of a winner whenever he has all the pressure. Hopefully, he gets FA cup and top 4th for us next season. Then, his job with us will be decently done.
What about Wolfsburg and Liverpool in Europe this season?

Triple.Threat

poor manager and poor tactics, he couldn't influence the game and it looked like he didn't have an answer to Everton pressing and them going for the win. Bailed out by the brilliance of Martial.

Untied

As has been the case all season long to be fair.

Give this talented bunch of players a ambitious, progressive, forward thinking manager and we will see a transformation in our fortunes.
Imagine the respective seasons if our players were coached by Pochettino and Spurs' by LVG

R'hllor

We play so much more fun with this 4141 formation. I hate 4231 and hope we never see it again at United.
Amen,sadly think we will if JM get appointed,4-2-3-1 is his formation,not sure post Porto he ever switched to anything else.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Amen,sadly think we will if JM get appointed,4-2-3-1 is his formation,not sure post Porto he ever switched to anything else.
We won the CL in 2008 playing 4-2-3-1. It doesn't matter what formation you play by itself. it's the playing style that accompanies it. For LVG, it's clear as day that 4-3-3 suits our players more for the type of play he wants, but we've spent all season playing differently.

Also, didn't Mourinho play a 4-3-3 with Essien, Lampard and Makelele in his first stint?

togg

I don't think many people don't want him to go. But you know what. I've never disliked him as a character or personality. And when he strode into our club I thought yes yes. He's achieved so much in this sport which countless other managers haven't and for me it would be wonderful for him to win the FA Cup and say, hey guys, I didn't do everything I wanted to achieve, but here's the cup as as consolation. That would be great.

ThaReaper01

Hopefully he wins the cup cause I do like the man but with the money he's spent, after two years; I have to say it's not been good enough. Leaves with, say, 4th and the cup, and it was a successful enough season for him to leave with equity.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Struggled against a poor Everton team, bailed out by Martial, appalling tactics in the second half.

togg

Struggled against a poor Everton team, bailed out by Martial, appalling tactics in the second half.
But he took Mensah off who was having a nightmare and put Valencia on who did a good job, and he took Fellaini off and put Herrera on who pushed the ball onto Marital to get the goal. I'm not saying he's a genius...but they both worked.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
But he took Mensah off who was having a nightmare and put Valencia on who did a good job, and he took Fellaini off and put Herrera on who pushed the ball onto Marital to get the goal. I'm not saying he's a genius...but they both worked.
But it all could have been different if he reacted to us being overrun in midfield, we were superb in the first half then he spent the second half sitting on the 1-0. If DDG didn't save that pen we would be out now, he doesn't deserve much credit.

Besides Herrera was luck the ball broke for him allowing him to poke it through for Martial, LVG doesn't deserve credit for that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We had lost control before the penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.