LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonred

He was fine tonight. Poor this, poor that, blah blah. He will be gone regardless as the bigger picture doesn't change and underachieving overall this season will be why he will be gone but no amount of greatness shown today would have made any difference anyway.

prath92

poor manager and poor tactics, he couldn't influence the game and it looked like he didn't have an answer to Everton pressing and them going for the win. Bailed out by the brilliance of Martial.
Did you feel like SAF was bailed out by van Persie in his last season too?

R'hllor

I understand people went full hate/dislike towards him,that they want him gone,everything is bad decision by him,lucky here,lucky there,even if there is any positive,they try to spin it somehow against him but in the same time amount of nonsense you can read in this thread is just amazing.

PieCrust

FA Cup shouldn't matter in the decision. He's been awful and will be gone after this season.

marlowe78

We won today despite LvG, not because of him.

That post match interview :lol::wenger:
This completely sums it up for me. I'm elated that we got the late winner but it's yet another big-money signing that has painted over LVG's nonexistent in-game management. We looked like deer ready to be slaughtered in that 2nd half.

Kag

Does he know something we don't?
Van Gaal knows fully well what is going on. He'll (attempt to) win the FA Cup and walk off into the sunset on the back of a trophy. That he's blissfully unaware of his position at the club, convinced of carrying out his third year here next season, is a theory I'll never buy into.

He gave up months ago.

Witchking

Some fans are really irritating. Instead of being happy about an excellent win you want to come in here and crib. Some sad lives you live. Great win. Am glad that LVG has taken United to the final of the FA Cup. Hope he and United win it. The team deserves to be in the final.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We know he's here until the 21st May at least then.
Definitely. But I think that was always the plan, irrespective of the result today.
The idea is to finish the season, then make a clean break, so the season isn't disrupted.
I think that what happened at MCFC (announced Pep and they started losing a lot) spooked the board at MUFC - they don't want the same thing to do happen.

In today's game against Everton, though, we got the win, so the LVG vultures will be at bay for another week.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
If we play like today more often, I'm more than happy for him to stay. It was entertaining, and that's what I love most about United.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sounds like a forgone conclusion that he's leaving and (probably) the Mourinho deal is already agreed. Makes sense when you think about it - LvG gets to retire on a high note and not on an ignominious one of getting sacked. All parties mutually agree to move on and Jose takes over in June.

Kaos

I think we're reading too much into those quotes. I'm sure what he meant was right now he was only focused on the next big couple of games, one bridge at a time etc.

Though I'm sure he knows he's a goner.

Devil81

Hope he retires with the FA Cup, would be a fitting end to a brilliant career.

Still want a change of direction though, shame as I think he'd have been the perfect manager if he was 20 years younger. His handling of the media and pressure is amazing.

Kag

Sounds like a forgone conclusion that he's leaving and (probably) the Mourinho deal is already agreed. Makes sense when you think about it - LvG gets to retire on a high note and not on an ignominious one of getting sacked. All parties mutually agree to move on and Jose takes over in June.
Been obvious for months, I reckon.

El Zoido

He got it right today, the Herrera sub won us the game and he was right to withdraw TFM. Still went him gone, but it'd be nice if he could bring home the cup before parting ways.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Like the guy. He's difficult maybe but United aren't blind. We did in hindsight, the right thing keeping LVG. Even if he got lucky with Rashford, he got lucky.....Luck is still a quality. It's not been all bad but we really cannot afford to not hire Jose after all the changes at various clubs. Just imagine if Arsenal pushed Wenger to get Jose. Though we've seen a gradual improvement, it will be a problem if we try to sign players in the summer with everyone knowing LVG has a year left. After Sir Alex announcing his retirement prematurely years back, I don't think we'd be inclined to announce anything. Let's end the season and part ways. Jose can work on deals. It's reasonable to think. I doubt the club haven't talked to LVG

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He was fine tonight.
Yep. He got the key decisions right and as a result we won.
Can't complain about a win.
The problem is that a lot of fans have already decided that they want LVG out, so even when he wins (and we've been winning a lot lately), fans will look for the negatives. Its quite normal for this to happen.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Apart from picking the first 11.

Apart from signing the player who scored our winner

Apart from bringing on the player who assisted the winner

LVG had nothing do that game.
1. Picking the first 11 is basic managment, in know way does this show his ability to manage the club.

2. Martial was being watched by our scouts before LVG took the reigns. He can take very little credit for the signing especially when you consider the outrageous sum he paid for him.

3. The very same player who almost got himself sent off with a reckless challenge. Plus the player he brought off was having his most influential game in a United shirt to date. It was a poor substitution if anything.

It was a great game, I was bouncing around the room like an excited teenager who just found out their school had burned down, but that doesn't detract from the fact that we were lucky to win the game. Very lucky if we are being strictly honest with ourselves

Granted the players showed character today, while LVG just sat there on the bench motionless with that annoyingly unexpressive look on his face. He was as clueless as Giggs and the rest of the coaching staff when the shit hit the fan, just as he has been all season long. Where was his influence when Everton were running rings around us? Oh Yeah, he took off TFM because of a highly debateable penalty decision - the same TFM who has been outstanding ever since his recent emergence - and brought on the inept Valencia in his place.

The players, due to their own pride and ability, have been bailing LVG out all season long and today was no different. I honestly do not know how anyone in their right mind can defend the man.

Kag

Yep, I just hope we're not all wrong and he winds up getting another year.
I'm absolutely convinced that he isn't enjoying any of this and isn't remotely interested in another season here.

He has the air of a man that wants to win his trophy in England and spend his remaining years getting trollied in Portugal.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Well, he took off Fellaini and brought on Hererra, who got the assist.
He also kept on Martial, who was seemingly injured, who went on to get the winning goal.
He also took of Mensah, who was getting destroyed on the right flank.
I'll admit that the win was a bit lucky (scoring in the 93rd minute), but my belief is that we make our luck.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Some fans are really irritating. Instead of being happy about an excellent win you want to come in here and crib. Some sad lives you live. Great win. Am glad that LVG has taken United to the final of the FA Cup. Hope he and United win it. The team deserves to be in the final.
People are genuinely worried that wins = him staying. I don't get why they should have to hide that. It's a legit concern.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I'm absolutely convinced that he isn't enjoying any of this and isn't remotely interested in another season here.

He has the air of a man that wants to win his trophy in England and spend his remaining years getting trollied in Portugal.
I think personally, we've already told him. He might be disappointed - it's hard to say but he'll pick up if we win the FA Cup and get in the top 4. We could be wrong lol but it just makes a lot of sense. It would be an awful risk to not hire Jose at this moment in time. There should be a great improvement in the top teams next season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Imagine the respective seasons if our players were coached by Pochettino and Spurs' by LVG
It's hard to imagine when I've been stuck in this bubble ever since the great pretender arrived at our club. But yea I take your point.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I genuinely believe this is the case and has been since the turn of the year. I also believe had Mourinho agreed to join mid-season, LVG would have been sacked long ago.

Witchking

People are genuinely worried that wins = him staying. I don't get why they should have to hide that. It's a legit concern.
Ok that is understandable but United just won an important match. Can you not be happy that the team you support won? would you want United to lose so LVG is kicked out?

United were quite good and that needs to be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.