Maguire: “My win rate under current manager is ridiculously high” | “I don’t like playing once a month, will have a chat with club”

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTG

He's the latest version of the big goofy guy who isn't technically good enough, but gives everything he has and is proud to wear the badge.

I can respect that. Even if I'll call for his head every time one of his mistakes cost us.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Strange scenario where the worse we are as a team the better he actually looks individually

cyril C

Maguire's problem or weakness is on ball control, which is required for ETH's philosophy. By adapting the game (less short pass) to his strength (or weakness), Maguire is OK. I guess his mental loading is improved without the armband liabiliy, by keeping it simple. Problem is that this is not ETH's philosophy.

On the other hand, with the form of Eriksen, Bruno, Casemiro, in fact, the whole team, keeping it simple might be good for the team, at this moment.

Yakuza_devils

No Man Utd fans should ever boo Maguire again. To come back from this and perform so well for Man Utd is extraordinary and deserve the highest respect.

Our other 2 big money signings CBs are injury prone and not perform as good as Maguire this season.

Baxquux

Maguire's problem or weakness is on ball control, which is required for ETH's philosophy. By adapting the game (less short pass) to his strength (or weakness), Maguire is OK. I guess his mental loading is improved without the armband liabiliy, by keeping it simple. Problem is that this is not ETH's philosophy.

On the other hand, with the form of Eriksen, Bruno, Casemiro, in fact, the whole team, keeping it simple might be good for the team, at this moment.
I think acceleration and agility on the turn, which affects playing sufficiently high-line to link up with midfield is probably more the key issue with Maguire. He was generally fine, a few glitches aside, in the Ole system of counter-attacking, even with bringing the ball forward - although I agree ball control sometimes let him down there.

RedOrange

He's the latest version of the big goofy guy who isn't technically good enough, but gives everything he has and is proud to wear the badge.

I can respect that. Even if I'll call for his head every time one of his mistakes cost us.
Someone needs to get the VAR judge off his back. They're reaching to find every penalty or disallowed goal they can in either box.

Parma Dewol

Got to hold my hands up and say fair fecking play to Harry.

Certainly has his shortcomings as a centre back, but the mental strength it must take to wait so long for his chance, amid such heightened abuse, and then to come into the team and perform the way he has these past few games. Well played, and here’s hoping his determination can show some of the other lightweights what can happen if you work hard and keep at it.

Robbie Boy

Strange scenario where the worse we are as a team the better he actually looks individually
It's because we're playing dog shit football which is why he looked decent at times under Ole. This style suits his game.

greater wall

He has been good on the right side of defense. Shifting him on the left causes him problems. I don't think Varane should come back into the team with Maguire in this form. Signing Evans to cover the left side has been an inspired signing. Pity he can't play two games in a week. Lindelof will come back or Maguire will be shifted left to accommodate Varane.

Walters_19_MuFc

You know it’s being drafted as we speak.
Bit of a tricky situation that the club are in. We need a top class defender to partner Martinez next season.

Varane is not reliable and you'd wonder whether the club will look to move on next season.

Maguire, despite finding a bit of form over the last few weeks, isn't a long term solution. However, he'll be wanting to play.

Either way, I think we need to get rid of one of them, leaving us with:

Martinez
New CB
Varane/Maguire
Lindelof

STYLOISRED

He may not be man utd captain material but he sure as hell is captain material. You can't Knock the mental fortitude to come back from the lows he found himself in over the past few months.

RuudTom83

Not an elite of the game but he is a brilliant example to a lot of players, especially ones that are not in the team.

Keep your head down (unless it's a international break) and just keep trying. Also proving the manager is firm but fair.

Giggsy13

Bit of a tricky situation that the club are in. We need a top class defender to partner Martinez next season.

Varane is not reliable and you'd wonder whether the club will look to move on next season.

Maguire, despite finding a bit of form over the last few weeks, isn't a long term solution. However, he'll be wanting to play.

Either way, I think we need to get rid of one of them, leaving us with:

Martinez
New CB
Varane/Maguire
Lindelof
I think Varane is off to Saudi next season and Casemiro may follow a year later or perhaps next summer as well. We need to freshen up at CB. Martinez is the only option currently that has a long-term future. We need two CBs next summer: one who could start right away and a younger option to develop for the future.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
That is always going to be the case for a good shot stopper. In a team with a great defence the keeper needs other qualities. Sadly we have a poor defence
Yeah if you need shot stoppers like DdG and Maguire you've already lost too many games to win anything.

Fridge chutney

Who would have thought the best business ETH did this season was keeping Harry Maguire.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He’s been so fecking good these past few games. Long may it continue and good on him;
It's stuff like the above that makes me despair.

We literally got stuffed 3-0 at home with your hero playing CB and embarrassing himself less than 6 days ago and you write this shite.

Absolutely mad fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.