PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Wenger
Benitez
Sven
Tan
AVB

To varying degrees these men have experienced a level of distrust and antagonism from her majesty's press. Some may believe they asked for it but they have been cast as 'outsiders'. They are not afforded the same respect as English managers or chairmen.

They have ALL been cast as intellectually inferior by the UK media at some point. It's incredible the level of disrespect these men have endured relative to English counterparts. This isn't just club tribalism. It's pure xenophobia.

Daft, stupid, odd and eccentric are adjectives that describe these men...if you believe the press.

They are all worthy footballing men with differing levels of success but they have been subject to racist treatment.

Wicked_Badger

It was all just a bit of friendly text message banter, chums. Nothing to worry about. Oh, and it should also be noted for those of you with high pressure jobs: stress makes you racist.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7418.html
What the hell? That can't be a serious release, not only does it contain, at best, questionable moral arguments (he's under stress so racism is fine) but it also ready like a 12 year old has written it. "Malky says", "Malky has", "Malky is". Was it written by his mother?

pillory

Even if everyone who okayed that statement agrees with every word of it, I can't believe they didn't realise it would cause universal outrage and ridicule. "With the benefit of hindsight", "friendly banter", "if Malky has caused any offence"... Jesus Christ.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What is it with certain people laughing off racism/sexism as banter?

From pundits like Keys and Gray, to managers like Mackay, all the way up to Blatter it seems to be prevalent throughout. And then we wonder why gay footballers won't come out, why there aren't more women in the game and why FIFA is in such a state in the first place.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Malky is stressed out right now, so please excuse his racism, sexism and homophobic language.

It's just banter lads.

I'd say I was shocked by that statement but I'm really not.

Kag

:lol: As if "banter" has been used in a professional statement regarding allegations of racism and homophobia. The writer must be a graduate, just fresh out of drinking semen out of a plastic cup, he has to be?

It's astounding to think that some nacker wrote that, sat back, pressed send, and thought to himself he did a good job. I'm baffled.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
LMA Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime said:
...it emerged that Malky had, it seems, sent a couple of one line texts that were, with the benefit of hindsight, very regrettable and disrespectful of other cultures.
LMA Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime said:
Malky is also very concerned about seriously inaccurate and misleading reports of his alleged involvement in these matters in the media. It has never been alleged that he wrote any homophobic or sexist messages and he has confirmed that he did not do so.
It's okay guys, he's only racist - not homophobic or sexist! Phew, we can put that one to bed now.

That whole statement is cringeworthy, what were they thinking!?

AkaAkuma

Let's not go too far. There's truth in what you're saying, but Tan hired a 23 year old with no footballing experience as Moody 's replacement.
Is that factual? I know we all read that in the papers, but my feeling is that the truth was stretched there to add to the 'tan is a fool' agenda.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I think because Tan completely changed the clubs badge, kit colour from blue to red and that he has the worst moustache in football are the reasons most think he's a joke, not his ethnicity.

I'm not surprised about Malky. All Scotch people are racists. White text bitches.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I think because Tan completely changed the clubs badge, kit colour from blue to red and that he has the worst moustache in football are the reasons most think he's a joke, not his ethnicity.

I'm not surprised about Malky. All Scotch people are racists. White text bitches.
Sorry, just when you said that, it reminded me of something....

People in the media and fans saying Steve Clarke was the reason behind Jose's success at Chelsea :lol::lol:

Bizarre

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Sorry, just when you said that, it reminded me of something....

People in the media and fans saying Steve Clarke was the reason behind Jose's success at Chelsea :lol::lol:

Bizarre
Did the media really say that?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Surely the LMAs job is not to just blindly support managers is it? Mental statement.
It appears so, I'm actually baffled that they're justifying MM's words by contextualizing them :houllier:
I have been reading about the entire for 30mins now and honestly I can just say "Bravo Mr Tan". He handled things very well, Malky Mackay is a scumbag. When you're a public figure, when you're a coach, when you're watched and followed by millions, you can't just dish out "banter" like that. Wtf is wrong with some people ???

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Because he's the hero Cardif deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Welsh Knight.
:lol:

Should have finished it off with a picture of Tan in his incredibly high-waisted trousers. :lol:
This could be my favourite bit:

If, by the weird, odd chance that you actually get offended by racism/sexism/homophobia (you weirdo)... if that is the case, then erm... soz yeah?
:lol:

Golden Nugget

Despite being Asian, I originally thought Tan was in the wrong - not with the sacking of Mackay, but for the attention he brought to himself at games - as I think that the chairman should be more behind the scene. The fact that he looked like a Bond Villain didn't help either.

The sacking of Mackay was completely justified in my opinion - I don't think it is right for a manager to publicly put pressure on the chairman to spend money like that, especially when you're at the levels of Malky Mackay. A manager with a much higher reputation in Benitez did it at Inter and ended up being sacked - I am unsure if it has ever worked. (The Ultimatum button on FM very rarely worked well on FM which forced me to reload the save file).

I saw the Tan's previous interview just now and he really does come across well; as an Asian, I went to London and Scotland in January and it was bloody cold and I needed gloves as well. The sunglasses I think are unnecessary though. I think he deserves a lot of respect for holding back and keeping quiet - despite being portrayed as the villain in the press. He kept it quiet, and even now, I don't think he has publicly said anything - he told Crystal Palace what they were in for and the news broke out not long after that. I hardly think he's waited for the chance to strike. It's not like he didn't want to spend money on the club - Ole had received a good transfer budget after he arrived - he simply (and rightfully) didn't trust Malkay with his money.

The LMA had lost my credibility in this - to back such a horrible manager like that makes them lose all credibility.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Well done LMA, I guess racism isn't a big deal if you're a bit stressed at the time.

How can they say it looks bad in hindsight? Surely with any foresight it would also look bad. Or just normal, non-racist sight?

Oggmonster

What is it with certain people laughing off racism/sexism as banter?

From pundits like Keys and Gray, to managers like Mackay, all the way up to Blatter it seems to be prevalent throughout. And then we wonder why gay footballers won't come out, why there aren't more women in the game and why FIFA is in such a state in the first place.
I'm probably in a minority who may care to admit it but the reason people found the Keys and Grey one funny is probably because it's something A LOT of people will say...again I doubt many would say they have but I reckon most males have been in a pub or something watching football and had the same kind of sexist conversation, women will do it to about certain things. I can understand why they were sacked because you can't get away with saying stuff like that at a company like Sky on camera but I'd hazard a guess at saying that it was pub talk and most the producers etc probably did it to an they were unfortunate to get caught. The Keys "Did you smash it?" video is so surreal that I do find it funny to watch, what they said for me is no way near as bad as the Mackay stuff. People seem to always act outraged about stuff like that, like Helen Lovejoy in the Simpsons. It's not like Keys and Grey were the only 2 to ever do it.

Red Comet

Suarez should have said that he was stressed and it was just "banter" when he racially abused Evra.

Midnight1811

• "He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted." Referring to an official at another club.
  • "Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering." Referring to a list of potential signings.
  • "Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers." On football agent Phil Smith.
WOW, what a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. Imagine Moyes messages to his daughter.
Moyes: "Those faggots are trying to get me sacked".
Daughter: "LOL"

Nanook

The problem Mackay has is that the text messages were personal, if they were just generic mildly racist jokes sent in private then of course there would still be an uproar about it and rightly so but I think he might be able to get away with it, as it stands now though it looks like he won't ever work in the UK again.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
That statement is ridiculous, they could have said something like: "like everyone, Malky is simply becoming more right-wing and less tolerant in his world views as he gets older and these harmless texts are just a result of this change" and it would have been better, but hey, he was doing it for the Bantz!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I've just realised, I've made over 20,000 posts on here - so by LMA's standards, it's normal practice for at least a few of them to be racist... which means I have 4 racist attacks saved up to use at my discretion.

As an aside, I've read a few comments (though not many) where people say "I'm sure if you search everyones phone you'll see stuff of a similar nature" ... which, if this is the case, me and my friends are clearly haven't been doing this "texting" business correctly

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I've just realised, I've made over 20,000 posts on here - so by LMA's standards, it's normal practice for at least a few of them to be racist... which means I have 4 racist attacks saved up to use at my discretion.

As an aside, I've read a few comments (though not many) where people say "I'm sure if you search everyones phone you'll see stuff of a similar nature" ... which, if this is the case, me and my friends are clearly haven't been doing this "texting" business correctly
Admittedly I have received the odd racist "joke" from people, though these aren't people I associate myself with any more. Never sent myself, or found them funny.