Malky Mackay | Sacked by Wigan Athletic

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
All jokes aside, even he can't get work in the UK again, his actions wouldn't limit him from getting another job in a country like Russia or even the lower leagues of Spain or Italy.
Out of interest, how many British managers have jobs in other European leagues? I'd guess not that many.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Out of interest, how many British managers have jobs in other European leagues? I'd guess not that many.
They only tend to live British shores when exiled or humiliated. McClaren rebuilt himself from scratch for that reason.

If Mackay is prepared to uproot his family, I don't think he'd have a problem with employment if deemed skilled enough to do the job.

One would hope his career in England is over with at all levels.

saivet

They only tend to live British shores when exiled or humiliated. McClaren rebuilt himself from scratch for that reason.

If Mackay is prepared to uproot his family, I don't think he'd have a problem with employment if deemed skilled enough to do the job.

I assume like the players, the managers are getting better wages in the PL or Championship than abroad.

Maxii

Paad
Makes you wonder how many other people in football are racist, sexist scum and we have no idea.

Ivor Ballokov

I wonder what Cardiff fans are thinking about this now? The fuss they made when MacKay was sacked.
Well of course they made a fuss, he was successful at Cardiff and they weren't aware of the full facts, it's perfectly understandable they'd back the manager over Tan who has been contreversial to say the least. Most of the ones I know (I live 15 minutes from Cardiff) are gutted by this, but the ones who don't like Tan disliked him way before he sacked Mackay and that isn't changing any time soon.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Makes you wonder how many other people in football are racist, sexist scum and we have no idea.
I'd imagine there's loads of people and at all levels as well, from top to bottom. What Malkay said is terrible but I'm not surprised either and I'd say that deep down most people really are too. I do hear similar enough remarks myself from lads I play football with and against most weeks.

Santos J

I wonder what Cardiff fans are thinking about this now? The fuss they made when MacKay was sacked.
From the little I've read, most of them still seem to think Tan is a cnut for the re-brand etc. but he's right for everything else. There's is still one weirdo on some Cardiff forum defending Malky though.

Probably a lot more than people would think.

pauldyson1uk

Totally differant, he went out and proved he was a decent manager after the disaster that was England.
Mackay is just a nasty human being and deserves to be exiled from football for ever.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
This is really sad, had genuine sympathy for him after the unceremonious sacking. Never knew he would turn out to be such a manipulative, xenophobic, sexist bully. It's scary when people like him snake their way into positions of relative power. Don't they even think about their families before commuting such indiscretions ? His kids will most probably be painted with the same brush no matter how liberal they might turn out to be. Unfortunate turn of events for them.

Atleast Cardiff have Ole now. :)

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Tan has evil geniused so well here. Made him issue a grovelling public apology, destroyed his career anyway. Good riddance
Yeah he was probably sitting on the info until Mackay's next appointment before releasing this bombshell for maximum impact. Delightfully evil.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I remember listening to a football weekly from last season at around this time, and AC Jimbo did a bit of a defense of tan - stating he was only getting stick because he's a big, bad, foreign owner, when really he was fully justified in getting rid of Mackay...

So in short, we one should always listen John Richardson.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I remember listening to a football weekly from last season at around this time, and AC Jimbo did a bit of a defense of tan - stating he was only getting stick because he's a big, bad, foreign owner, when really he was fully justified in getting rid of Mackay...

So in short, we one should always listen John Richardson.
Yeah Marcotti knew about Mackay as well, judging by his tweets yesterday. Seems like more than a couple of journalists knew the truth, but couldn't say it in public.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This Moody chap doesn't half have an incredibly punchable face. To completly judge a book by it's cover, he looks like one of those blokes who thinks he is the greatest thing known to man because he wears a suit and owns a *gasp* work phone.

Yeah Marcotti knew about Mackay as well, judging by his tweets yesterday. Seems like more than a couple of journalists knew the truth, but couldn't say it in public.
What did Marcotti say?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I actually had no sympathy for him when he got sacked, they were the 3rd or 4th biggest spenders in the country and the signings were largely terrible. He then asks for money without discussing it with the Vincent Tan. If I was the owner, I'd be quite annoyed too.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Makes a lot more sense now that Tan asked him to resign. Was weird at the time.

What a scumbag. Credit to Tan for being willing to be so vilified to get rid of him. Wonder why it is only coming out now though.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There's a tendency in British Media(and here too) to portray Asian as chairman as crazy idiots who have no idea about Football. You got idiots like Venky's but then there are the owners at Leicester City or at Cardiff who have done nothing but good for the club.

Brophs

The One and Only
It was all just a bit of friendly text message banter, chums. Nothing to worry about. Oh, and it should also be noted for those of you with high pressure jobs: stress makes you racist.

The LMA wish to clarify the position in relation to recent reports and speculation regarding matters alleged to have arisen during Malky Mackay’s time at Cardiff City FC.

In the course of a search by the Club in early 2014 of 10,000 private text messages sent to and from another member of staff during Mr Mackay’s employment at Cardiff, in relation to other matters, it emerged that Malky had, it seems, sent a couple of one line texts that were, with the benefit of hindsight, very regrettable and disrespectful of other cultures. These were two text messages sent in private at a time Malky felt under great pressure and when he was letting off steam to a friend during some friendly text message banter. That said, Malky believes he could and should have conducted himself better on these two isolated occasions. The precise details need to remain private for the time being until any FA process is complete.

The LMA does not condone in any way any potential breach of equal opportunities laws but would also point out that out of over 10,000 text messages and 70,000 documents produced over a long period of time it may not be a complete surprise that some inappropriate comments can sometimes be made by employees, like Malky, working under great pressure in highly charged situations. If Malky has caused any offence by these two isolated matters he would, however, wish to sincerely apologise.

Malky finds it strange that these matters were only raised with the FA and in the media now, 8 months after his employment ended and the day before he was reported as being offered the opportunity to become manager of Crystal Palace FC.

Malky is also very concerned about seriously inaccurate and misleading reports of his alleged involvement in these matters in the media. It has never been alleged that he wrote any homophobic or sexist messages and he has confirmed that he did not do so. Further, there are incorrect and damaging suggestions that he sent a whole host of offensive and unpleasant messages that are simply not true and which give a grossly distorted and unfair view of Malky’s involvement in this matter. Malky looks forward to matters being put straight in due course, following any investigation of this matter.

Malky cannot of course comment on the nature of any conduct or communications alleged to have been made by others.

Malky has said that he will be fully co-operating with any FA investigation and that he looks forward to putting the record straight thereafter.
http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7418.html

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Makes a lot more sense now that Tan asked him to resign. Was weird at the time.

What a scumbag. Credit to Tan for being willing to be so vilified to get rid of him. Wonder why it is only coming out now though.
Indeed. That's the sad thing. It's clear now that people knew about this on some level, but they either were afraid or were stupid to not let it be known.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It was all just a bit of friendly text message banter, chums. Nothing to worry about. Oh, and it should also be noted for those of you with high pressure jobs: stress makes you racist.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7418.html
That statement actually makes me sick. If you're under pressure it's understandable to be racist sexist and discriminatory? feck off.