Malky Mackay | Sacked by Wigan Athletic

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Would the one-sided media portrayal have been the same if it wasn't a foreign owner sacking a British manager? Don't think so.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Check this guys time-line, he's a pro footballer who played under Mackay.

Can't see tweets on this device. What's the gist of the messages on the time line?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can't see tweets on this device. What's the gist of the messages on the time line?
Oxford away a young Somali boy was at the gates and Malky shouted look at that black Somali kid at the gates, look it's ibby brother

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
There's a big difference here. They're players, and their crimes don't really affect their relationship directly with teammates anyway, though i'm sure there will be some animosity. Mackay being racist makes it very difficult for him to every effectively manage a team again, how can he garner the respect of players now?
He'd fit in well in Russia. Zenit fans would love him.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Interesting to re-watch this interview with Tan, done a few months after sacking Mackay.

Am I alone in thinking that when Tan said the British press is a bit racist, that maybe xenophobic might have been a better word to use?

Geez even Tan talks of value for money hahah

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Am I alone in thinking that when Tan said the British press is a bit racist, that maybe xenophobic might have been a better word to use?

Geez even Tan talks of value for money hahah
For a club like Cardiff its important imo, you can't spend 8 million on a striker that scores no goals or overspend your budget. Tan came across very well in that interview imo, and if all that has come out about Malky Makay is true, then he was right in his judgement to sack Mackay. Although he could have used a different word, they all mean the same thing though.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Wow, shocking that. I thought Tan was a nutter but he seems like he was put in a horrid position with Mackay. The jersey thing is still a bit weird but meh

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
For a club like Cardiff its important imo, you can't spend 8 million on a striker that scores no goals or overspend your budget. Tan came across very well in that interview imo, and if all that has come out about Malky Makay is true, then he was right in his judgement to sack Mackay. Although he could have used a different word, they all mean the same thing though.
I was being facetious with the value for money thing. I agree Tan came across well in the interview though.

Rafateria

Would the one-sided media portrayal have been the same if it wasn't a foreign owner sacking a British manager? Don't think so.
At the time the issue was Mackay was thought to have done very well at the club and the supporters didn't want him sacked.. the media will always play to the crowd, good for sales/ratings.

But Bloody hell. Have we just been transported back 40 years with those racist, homophobic, sexist texts ?

Jail time on the cards here. Those 'payments to agents not involved in the transfers' is going to nail them to the flagpole.

ZDwyr

Just got caught up on all this. Pretty disgraceful stuff. I was one who defended him after he lost his job, regret that now. Hope he never works in football again.

Angelinho

If these allegations turn out to be true, then it's eye-opening that someone with such views could advance so far in the game.

Acole9

Outstanding
I don't think all his buddies on Soccer Saturday will be rushing to suggest he takes over at any clubs after that has come out.

Robbie Boy

Always came across as a-bit of a smug prick but this is pretty serious stuff. What a pair of tossers.

pauldyson1uk

WOW if the stories are true, hard to see him ever being a manager again, more that that hard to see how he can even work on Sky or any TV station has a pundit again.
Allegations of homophobic & racist texts, cant see any TV/Radio station wanting anything to do with him.

saivet

At the time of his sacking everyone was going crazy. Malky was milking it to the press how the owner is a nutter and literally everyone lapped it up. Tan's issue was the way he dressed and his previous history of changing the colour of the team logo painted him in a very bad light here. I remember how many were saying that Ole would be mad to work under guy but perhaps Ole got told the truth and so knew that this guy was nothing like his public image.

Mackay is an utter cnut. Quite shocked at it all, especially because of how he was portrayed before.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Malkay didn't hold back with those messages anyways that's for sure, it was a right across the board job with him. By right he shouldn't get a job in football ever again but he probably will in a year or two's time when it all dies down.

rpitchfo

This is the standard of people running british football. Ignorant morons. They might not all be as racist, sexist or utterly vile as malkay but they're all about that bright. No wonder british football is such a mess.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
In hindsight the way Tan way portrayed worked out well for Mackay. He wasn't doing particularly well at the club anyway and he pretty much "got off" with any criticism people gave because of Tan. The press had their target and they didn't let up on Tan, in the meantime Mackay didn't get any criticism levelled at him. There's been some rumours since this Palace link that Mackay was hardly an angel himself and didn't exactly help things.
Since the Palace stuff? It was blatant from the off really, the way he schmoozed the media and used them to break the sacking threat to get them on side before Tan could even do anything.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Here's hoping a number of players come forward now and truly sink him.

I bet a light bulb clicked for a number of those he's aimed 'playful' barbs at in the past with these messages and the full extent of what scum he is having come to light.

All jokes aside, even he can't get work in the UK again, his actions wouldn't limit him from getting another job in a country like Russia or even the lower leagues of Spain or Italy.

Oggmonster

Since the Palace stuff? It was blatant from the off really, the way he schmoozed the media and used them to break the sacking threat to get them on side before Tan could even do anything.
Fair enough if you called it when he got sacked, I'd suggest you were in a minority that did. The majority of people felt sorry for him and were baffled Ole would go there.

He'd be lucky to get a job for a few years after this, if he does it will be the lower leagues and working his way up. A Premier League club won't touch him at the moment.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Fair enough if you called it when he got sacked, I'd suggest you were in a minority that did. The majority of people felt sorry for him and were baffled Ole would go there.

He'd be lucky to get a job for a few years after this, if he does it will be the lower leagues and working his way up. A Premier League club won't touch him at the moment.
Well I would say I was baffled that Ole went there, because it seemed like a difficult place to manage. I did think Malky played the media and that there was more to the sacking than met the eye, or I thought breaking the designated transfer budget was reason enough to sack him anyway.